• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Struck by Lightning (real lightning, not John Tan's PAP lightning)

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Texas father told his son 'I love you buddy' seconds before he was killed by a lightning strike while walking home from the bus stop: Child, 6, is unresponsive in hospital with possible brain damage​

• Matthew Boggs,34, and his son Grayson, 6, has been walking down their driveway of their Texas home on Monday when they where hit by lightning
  • Boggs passed away but Doctors are now fighting to save the life of Grayson who is now 'unresponsive'
  • Family members have said that the lightning hit the father of four and then went through his son due to them holding hands at the time
A Texas father has died and his son has been left in a critical condition with possible brain damage after they were struck by lightning while holding hands, seconds after telling his son he loved him.

Matthew Boggs, 34, had been walking down his driveway in Valley Mills, Texas, with his six-year-old son Grayson on Monday evening when he died after being struck by the bolt.

Family members said that the lightning had travelled through Boggs and into his son as they had been holding hands at the time.

Doctors are now fighting to save Grayson, who is now on a ventilator and suffering from seizures.

Speaking to KWTX, Matthew's mom Angela Boggs said: '[Matthew] just got done telling Grayson that he loved him, he said "I love you buddy", that's when the lightning came down.'

Grayson was rushed to hospital following the strike, and Doctors are now fighting for his life

• Grayson was rushed to hospital following the strike, and Doctors are now fighting for his life
Pictured: Dad Matthew with his two sons Elijah and Grayson, who can be seen in a stroller

• Pictured: Dad Matthew with his two sons Elijah and Grayson, who can be seen in a stroller
Pictured: Angela Boggs (left) and grandson Elijah Boggs speaking to KWTX after the incident

• Pictured: Angela Boggs (left) and grandson Elijah Boggs speaking to KWTX after the incident
Boggs continued: 'I always took care of him, because he is the one god gave to me. Now my responsibility is to take care of my grandbabies.'

Grayson's sibling Elijah, who was only a few feet away when the lightning struck, said: 'I was really scared. I rolled Grayson over and he was kind of smiling a little bit.

'I thought they were just joking, but when I rolled my dad over the middle of his head was bleeding and his face was already purple.'

Boggs' mother in law Sherry shared a picture of Grayson to her social media, saying: 'Please pray for our family, my daughter Kayla Boggs lost her husband Matthew.

'We need Grayson to pull through, I'll do my best to keep everyone updated on Grayson.'

The family have said that Grayson is unresponsive and doctors say he is fine from the neck down, but are assessing him over the next few days to see if he has brain damage.

A GoFundMe page has since been set up to help support the family and has so far raised over $10,000.

The fundraiser has been organized by the family to help them with funeral and medical expenses.

A post shared on the page said: 'I am here to beg for your prayers and help.

'Grayson is a 6 year old little boy who is currently fighting for his life at the Children's Hospital in Temple, Texas.

Grayson Boggs, 6, who was struck by lightning while walking home from the bus stop with his dad, Matthew, who was killed

• Grayson Boggs, 6, who was struck by lightning while walking home from the bus stop with his dad, Matthew, who was killed
Pictured: Matthew with his wife Kayla and two of their children Elijah and Nevaeh

• Pictured: Matthew with his wife Kayla and two of their children Elijah and Nevaeh
Grayson is currently being treated by staff at the Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center in Temple, Texas

• Grayson is currently being treated by staff at the Baylor Scott & White McLane Children's Medical Center in Temple, Texas
'He is currently on a vent [sic] and is having seizures. The doctors have told us that because he was hit by lightning, their main concerns are his heart, lungs, and kidney damage.

'The next 72 hours are crucial. Please if you are not in a place to donate, please, please, please share! Thank you for your prayers, kindness, and generosity.'

According to the CDC, lightning strikes are more frequent and deadly in the southeastern states including Texas.

From 2006 until 2021, only five states (Alaska, Delaware, Hawaii, New Hampshire, Washington) and the U.S. Virgin Islands have reported no lightning deaths.

Texas was the second highest with the number of deaths over that period, with 36 people killed, Florida took the first spot with 79 deaths.

Source:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ical-condition-struck-lightning.html#comments