• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stop Dr Chee from going to prison this election

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/4538-stop-dr-chee-from-going-to-prison-this-election

Stop Dr Chee from going to prison this election
Wednesday, 26 January 2011
Singapore Democrats

csj-police-van.jpg

CSJ in police van

Dear Friends,

You may know that the Judiciary has rejected Dr Chee Soon Juan's appeals against his conviction for speaking in public without a permit — incidents that date as far back as 2005. He was sentenced to $20,000 fine or 20-weeks imprisonment in default. He has until 10 Feb 2011 to pay up or to go to jail. (See here for details.)

The High Court's decision is not unexpected but its timing is most unfortunate. The SDP is in the midst of preparing for the General Election which is expected to be called within the first half of this year.
With Dr Chee at its helm, the SDP has grown tremendously in the last few years. It has attracted many credible candidates and energetic young people who are eager to help the party do well in the elections and serve the people.

We cannot afford to have Dr Chee incarcerated during this crucial period. We urge you and your friends to help us ensure that he will continue to lead our party to victory this GE. Please give generously. (See here for ways to help.)

In solidarity,

Gandhi Ambalam
Chairman

Francis Yong
Vice-Chairman

John Tan
Asst. Secretary-General

Gerald Sng
Treasurer

Jeffrey George
Asst. Treasurer

Chee Siok Chin
Member, CEC

Mohd Jufrie Mahmood
Member, CEC

Mohd Isa Abdul Azizy
Member, CEC

Slvester Lim
Member, CEC

Johnny Hoe
Member, CEC

Laurence Lai
Member, CEC

Ways to give

Paypal or credit card

Bank transfer or deposit (to Dr Chee's spouse's account)

Account Name: Ms. Huang Chih Mei
Bank Name: United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB)
Account No: 314-106-026-9 (savings account)
Bank Address: UOB Ltd, Thomson Branch, 251/253 Upper Thomson Road, Singapore 574376
Swift Code: UOVBSGSG

(Note: No ATM card required if you use a UOB cash deposit machine)

Cheque

You can write a cheque made payable to Ms. Huang Chih Mei and mail it to 12A Jalan Gelenggang, Singapore 578192.

Others

If non of the above methods works for you, please email us at [email protected]his e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it to make alternative arrangements.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I wouldn't sign any such petition even if you pay me money, unless it's substantial enough to move my conscience. :biggrin: But seriously, he should be kept locked up during election to prevent further damages to opposition. The government is actually doing opposition a favour by locking him up.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this chap needs to be locked up for a long time. He has embarrassed Singapore enough with all his nonsense.

FUCK SDP

Alfrescian
Loyal
before the SDP dogs can create wealth for sinkies, this CB kia keep asking sinkies to give him money and then the money flow into PAP pocket! ASked Chee sis to suck my cock b4 I consider to throw her 20cts :mad::oIo:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so lau Chee is not going to Changi resort this time, 5 months too long? :biggrin:

SDP as a political party doesn't have $20K in cases of emergency to save their leader from prison during the GE. :(

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so lau Chee is not going to Changi resort this time, 5 months too long? :biggrin:

SDP as a political party doesn't have $20K in cases of emergency to save their leader from prison during the GE. :(

I am not an insider - so don't quote me on this:

But what I can guess is that SDP is hesitant to use existing fund to get Dr Chee a "get out of jail card" because previous SDP donors assumed their funds would be used exclusively for the GE.

In order to maintain accountability to donors, SDP must start a fresh appeal in order to let donors have a better idea what funds are for what purpose.

This is my take. May not be correct, may be only partially accurate. If I am wrong, I stand corrected.

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee is a guy with passion and has strong patriotism. Unfortunately, he does alter his tactics to out-flank and outmaneuver the PAP. He keeps falling into the same trap over and over again.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, I wouldn't sign any such petition even if you pay me money, unless it's substantial enough to move my conscience. :biggrin: But seriously, he should be kept locked up during election to prevent further damages to opposition. The government is actually doing opposition a favour by locking him up.

fully agree with you, this chee should locked him up, opposition sure win big big, if not i quit! that's my promise.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is such a joke. SDP is now putting up a plea to prevent Chee from going to prison, then why is chee always seem to be looking for e very opportunity to go into prison?

If this is to prove that PAP is an oppressive goverment, then SDP must be the most depressive opposition party fpor constantly unable to gather local support and hence, have no actual avenue to advance its cause and always allowing PAP to put them down when actually, all these can be prevented in the first place.

Should Chee be prevented from going to prison?

My democratic opinion: lock him up and throw away the keys. His children will learn to hate him for been such a irresponsible father to them.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
before the SDP dogs can create wealth for sinkies, this CB kia keep asking sinkies to give him money and then the money flow into PAP pocket! ASked Chee sis to suck my cock b4 I consider to throw her 20cts :mad::oIo:

Are you sure you want her to suck your cock?
:o

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly, as I said in the other thread. Like playing chess, every move must be calculated several moves ahead. This guy appears to walk into the traps set before him with his eyes wide open. If he wants to be a martyr to show the world how oppressive the government is, he has succeeded, but he fail to understand his opponents are ready and prepared. Instead of using the funds to win votes, now the funds will be used to get him out so he can walk into another trap yet again. So just like chess he wins a knight and loses his queen, and then get checkmate again. I repeat again that winning sympathy votes will not be enough to win a seat. Not every genius can play chess, and he is out of his league.

This is such a joke. SDP is now putting up a plea to prevent Chee from going to prison, then why is chee always seem to be looking for e very opportunity to go into prison?

If this is to prove that PAP is an oppressive goverment, then SDP must be the most depressive opposition party fpor constantly unable to gather local support and hence, have no actual avenue to advance its cause and always allowing PAP to put them down when actually, all these can be prevented in the first place.

Should Chee be prevented from going to prison?

My democratic opinion: lock him up and throw away the keys. His children will learn to hate him for been such a irresponsible father to them.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You have repeatedly asked me not to get personal with an anonymous nick like Ramseth but here you are getting personal with CSJ via his children. Can we leave his children out of the picture?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another POV He might prove to be big talking point if he is in prison.

CNN may make an article out of it and sure mention imprisioning of opposition. Much louder than and loud hailer.

Think about it - family and supporters should be able to raise the $20K. Or he could have asked judge to reduce fine

You have repeatedly asked me not to get personal with an anonymous nick like Ramseth but here you are getting personal with CSJ via his children. Can we leave his children out of the picture?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont get me wrong. This is just an opinion and from what I have seen when fathers do what they have dreamt of without thinking for the well being of their children

I dont think I m personal here. However, if you see fit, so be it.

You have your right to your opinions on my opinions as well.

On a political opinion, the throwiong away the key parts will benefit all oppositions in Singapore. We need vote winners, not vote-losers

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dont get me wrong. This is just an opinion and from what I have seen when fathers do what they have dreamt of without thinking for the well being of their children
On a political opinion, the throwiong away the key parts will benefit all oppositions in Singapore. We need vote winners, not vote-losers

I understand your POV. But don't you feel your POV is also a tacit admission that the psyche of the electorate is still very fragile?

I think voters are more discerning these days and have moved away from the "one man tars all" mindset.

If SDP is doing the wrong thing, so be it. Other oppos are free to move ahead and leave SDP in the dust.

If CSJ as one man can hold the entire oppo back, don't you think that reflects on the fragility of the oppo rather than CSJ himself?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yet another tactical blunder. Its best that he remains in prison to reflect how poorly he plans and executes things. His associates are getting younger by the day and that should indicate that something is a amiss.

Dreamer1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow,poor Dr Chee gets very little support & sympathy here.

lucky that some ardent supports of Dr Chee are still being active here,this is an interesting and good forum for SDP.

The biggest misfortunate for Dr Chee is that he kena MM LKY,the very shrewed political animal with plenty of experience that he could out wit poor Dr Chee easily,when he was greeen.

MM LKY got his biggest lesson to be a VERY SMART dictator fr the Chiangs(ROC Taiwan),who Dr Chee should know very well.

The lesson LKY took fr the Chiangs is that one should never make the dissidents a martyr,which Lee passed to all dictators who care to listen.

He gave this advice to the murderious generals in Myanmar but those "living DEAD BODIES" failed to grash the meaning of MM LKY's advice,hence they made Ms Aung San Su Ki the biggest martyr of the last decade,and they are sleeping
less well than MM LKY who admitted that he had sleeping problem.

Dear Dr Chee has taken some lessons but hopefully Dr Chee would not have his agenda hijacked by ANGRY YOUTHS,” (fenqing,愤青), Dr Chee is excellent in terms of his analytical power,and is an excellent asset to the cause of opposing PAP.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CSJ will not do anything positive for the opposition. Isn't that obvious? Think out of the box and the answer is glaringly there for all to see. His action allows him to grace the international stage. We need him for our 'national security'. Never eliminate the 'impossible', 'not possible', 'cannot be' etc.