• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starhub thinks Parkway Parade is in Indon land.

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopeless Starhub. Sending me welcome message for visiting Indonesia. Check my Hp and found that I am in IndoSat cover.

Am going to call them tommorrow and make sure they don't put roaming charges.

Helo? I still at Parkway Parade? I don't eat at the Indon restaurants there besides.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
indon and malaysia network are fall more well covered than our starhub,m1 & singtel. we can even get a line from indon network and use in sg.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
indon and malaysia network are fall more well covered than our starhub,m1 & singtel. we can even get a line from indon network and use in sg.

What's the problem then???

Count yourself lucky. Starhub is strengthening its reception from Indonesia. Starhub will soon let you watch World Cup from Indonesia TV channel - for free. Go thank Starhub.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Shows what a small piece of snot the country is doesn't it. :rolleyes:

Hopeless Starhub. Sending me welcome message for visiting Indonesia. Check my Hp and found that I am in IndoSat cover.

Helo? I still at Parkway Parade? I don't eat at the Indon restaurants there besides.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is true story: once in serangoon garden i receive a 'Maxis welcomes you to Malaysia" sms. i check and the network was really roaming on maxis. was with M1 back then.
i can understand woodland or parkway parade pick up foreigner signal. but serangoon garden?! come on.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is true story: once in serangoon garden i receive a 'Maxis welcomes you to Malaysia" sms. i check and the network was really roaming on maxis. was with M1 back then.
i can understand woodland or parkway parade pick up foreigner signal. but serangoon garden?! come on.

All area near ECP can received Indo Telco. But what u said is really surprise me Serangoon garden also can get Malaysia Telco signal. All user besure that off the auto search for network when u in Singapore.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's the problem then???

Count yourself lucky. Starhub is strengthening its reception from Indonesia. Starhub will soon let you watch World Cup from Indonesia TV channel - for free. Go thank Starhub.

for me no prob. its those indon working in sg. they will carry a hp with indon network sim card. save so much on roaming and they can call home anytime without auto roaming! :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All area near ECP can received Indo Telco. But what u said is really surprise me Serangoon garden also can get Malaysia Telco signal. All user besure that off the auto search for network when u in Singapore.

Back then i was travelling quite a bit so i never play with the network setting. But i swear this really happen to me.

UseYourBrain

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not a mistake by Starhub. For all you know, East Coast and Changi have been sold off to Indonesia secretly...:biggrin:. Did you see the red and white flag without all the stars and cresent raised?

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Getting IndoSat or any other foreign telco signals is no fault of Starhub, I guess we're getting signals from Batam, where they don't have small residential signal transmitter but giant antennas on the hill top.

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why I use M1! :smile:

Mar 16, 2010
Telco on the ball

LAST Friday, I received an unexpected call from MobileOne (M1) alerting me that one of my mobile phone lines had incurred high international call charges to Indonesia within the past hour. On further investigation, I discovered that the calls had been made by my new maid using my daughter's phone, which was left at home that day.

I would like to thank M1 for promptly verifying the calls with me the moment it noticed the unusual trend. I cannot imagine what my bill would have been had M1 called me later or not called me at all.

The response I got from StarHub was in stark contrast to that of M1. When I called to check if international calls had been made via my StarHub landline at home, I was astonished to learn that it could check call histories only until March 8 as its system had not been updated with the most recent call histories. I explained the urgency of my request, but to no avail. Does it mean I must cross my fingers and hope there is no big surprise at the end of the month when I receive my bill?

Jasmine Koh (Ms)

Yoshitei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just like how West Coast GRC extends from Tuas to Sentosa, the Riau GRC was extended all the way to Marine Parade.