• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

StarHub, SingTel and M1 refuses to reveal surfing speed

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Reveal average surf speed? ISPs say no

Just tested. and the result I gotten was below the ISP average

speedtest not accurate. fluctuate very high. one min can go above average. then agian will drop below average.. ISPs play around with speeds.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should be looking at the download and upload speed. From that pic I am guessing download speed of 2mbps. BTW Starhub is a shared bandwidth so they can always claim that a lot of pple using and choking the bandwidth. Which is why I move to Singtel years ago. Singtel cannot give you that kind of BS excuse

download is 11mbps, upload is 1mbps. Come night time, it will crawl to 4-5mbps and disconnection happens. One day sometimes 3 times, then ok for 2 days and then same shit happens again. So now I am happy to be able to surf, after that night time I will use my M1 mobile network to hook up:o

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

download is 11mbps, upload is 1mbps. Come night time, it will crawl to 4-5mbps and disconnection happens. One day sometimes 3 times, then ok for 2 days and then same shit happens again. So now I am happy to be able to surf, after that night time I will use my M1 mobile network to hook up:o

I do not need all these bullshit when the thai's connection is seamless and perfect all the way. Only sinkies get all the shits and troubles.. whahahaha!!!

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal

I do not need all these bullshit when the thai's connection is seamless and perfect all the way. Only sinkies get all the shits and troubles.. whahahaha!!!

CB kia tonychat,

dun yaya ok. many times you also never reveal to your prostitute ladyboy wife's customer that she is in fact NOT a REAL woman :eek:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if have Starhub Cable TV ( hubstation ) and never download much from internet then should consider using hubstation free internet to surf and cancel maxonline or singnet - save some $$.

sunsanḍ̣̣̣̣

Alfrescian
Loyal

You got the cheek to hahaha when all the while you are in sinkieland? That will cost you a rep point. While the OA is in no hurry to mass zap you, try upping your points and see what will happen. :biggrin:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal

I beg to differ. When I was using starhub lowest maxonline plan, I keep getting disconnections and very low speeds. That was about 2mbps. So I called them, and they asked me to upgrade to faster speed and these problems would disappear. Upgrade 16mbps already still the same thing. And the situation became even worst now. Every other day disconnection. Call them they also say their side shows ok.

Always tell you, please take out from router, put direct connection. Until I have to tell them, router take out, direct connection already still same thing. They ask technician come down check, check already say no problem. Then how come always disconnect? They also cannot answer.

It seems they always use the same excuse "internet speed depends on many factors".

Even your disconnection problems are so random that they cannot pinpoint the problem also.

Frankly speaking, I have already given up on expecting blazing fast speeds lately. I just want a stable connection (which even the ISPs sometimes cannot guarantee).

I would like to think that it is because of the large growth of population in Singapore has contributed (more or less) to the increasing list of problems we get with ISPs here nowadays. The ISPs are oversubscribing, and their infrastructure upgrades is not enough to keep pace with the current customer base.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

adding on, my tests were did from singapore to USA,to and fro. somehow, i still think these tests are viable but it is very tedious. ISPs may have the proper equipment to conduct such tests.

ISPs play punk with IDA.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_618111.html

my take: if ISPs can publish top speed,why can't they reveal average surfing speed. I remember when i started work after graduation, i did tests on IP messaging for peak and off-peak hours. the results can be used to show to clients on what to expect of the delivery time like if there is any delay or not.

so it's possible to publish average speed, it's just that they refuse to do so cos' it's easier to publish top speed to con consumers.:rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those fat cat cheebyes don't wanna reveal, IDA also LAN LAN squeeze balls till blue black! Useless buggers

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Complication arises because there are proxy/cache servers involved, whether your page or data is fetch from our local ISPs or Uncle Sam's website?

One thing I find it very frustrating is, if I set my PC to point to ISP proxy server, it goes out as a single IP address. Otherwise it is seen as separate.

And if you access sites like MegaUpload, you will be impacted as it will tell you, you are already "downloading"? :mad:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually downloading from sites like megaupload will rarely work because the ISP use proxy server.

e.g., 100 users access the WWW via Singnet's proxy server. The website you want to access is sent to the proxy server, which forwards your request to the target server that you wish to access. Naturally, the target server will see only 1 IP address accessing it.

Hence you usually won't be able to download any stuff (unless you hit the window when no one else is accessing megaupload).

Same goes for other sites like rapidshare.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Hence you usually won't be able to download any stuff (unless you hit the window when no one else is accessing megaupload).

Same goes for other sites like rapidshare.

The trick is to "unchecked" use proxy server.

However, you may encounter page not found problem, it happens occasionally in the past, but now, pretty often. :mad:

sadfcuk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The trick is to "unchecked" use proxy server.

However, you may encounter page not found problem, it happens occasionally in the past, but now, pretty often. :mad:

It still won't work as I believe IDA has their own proxy server in place that all local traffic is routed through...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

You got the cheek to hahaha when all the while you are in sinkieland? That will cost you a rep point. While the OA is in no hurry to mass zap you, try upping your points and see what will happen. :biggrin:

Who gives a shit in what you do?