• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stallholders in row with Workers Party town council

leetahbah

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more interesting question is if Kaki Bukit was still under the PAP. Things to wonder:

1)Would Jonathan Oh and Ng Kok Khim have gone to the media and organized a signature less petition over what appears to be a minor misunderstanding?

2)Would the msm have given such extensive coverage to the story if it involved PAP MPs?

3)Would VB and later LHL be raising questions of honesty and integrity if PAP MPs were involved?

1) I expect not if Jonathan Oh and Ng Kok Khim are WP members. They would just call up the higher up and have the misunderstanding cleared.

2) Maybe still some coverage but not as loud as the present one. They did cover some of PAP's dirty laundry..

3) Good question, I expect them to raise questions if PAP MPs involved..

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think the PAP expected to lose another constituency, because of that possibility, they decide to sell off the TC software to prevent opposition from getting their hands on the software. If PAP think opposition will never win another constituency, then they would not be bothered to sell the TC software.

That should be one of the things this "review committee" should look into. To make HDB force all TCs to use the same software. That could happen down the road.

Now it did make me wonder if other hawker centres other than Blk 511 and Blk 538 were charged an additional $7200 in the above 2.5m cleaning. If the other hawker centres were not charged, then this confirms the PAP affiliated hawkers centres were targeted. But then you are right, membership has its privileges, the WP affiliated hawkers centres shouldn't be expecting to be charged after paying membership fee/subscription..

No. As long as you don't demand extra cleaning, you will have no chance to be charged.

There's no such thing as a PAP or WP affiliated hawker centre. Here are a group of hawkers who want to 3-leg the PAP incumbent form an association to lord over the hawkers and the rest are struck by the usual thing we see called apathy. And certainly just because a market does not have an association or the chairman is not a PAP member, the hawker centre automatically becomes a "WP hawker centre" at your own definition.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think the PAP expected to lose another constituency, because of that possibility, they decide to sell off the TC software to prevent opposition from getting their hands on the software. If PAP think opposition will never win another constituency, then they would not be bothered to sell the TC software...
if white scums preempt losing constituency and sold the t.c software to sabotage the incoming oppo -- a.i.m-gate proved they are even more embarrassingly stupid to win-small-lose-bigger

that's why i'm of the opinion that the white scums never thought they would lose constituency, sold the t.c software to its kakilang $2 shell company to squeeze more $$ from the t.c. fund and expected nobody will ever find out.

Now it did make me wonder if other hawker centres other than Blk 511 and Blk 538 were charged an additional $7200 in the above 2.5m cleaning. If the other hawker centres were not charged, then this confirms the PAP affiliated hawkers centres were targeted. But then you are right, membership has its privileges, the WP affiliated hawkers centres shouldn't be expecting to be charged after paying membership fee/subscription..
if other hawker centres dun have extra >2.5m cleaning requirement then i dun expect this "additional $7.7k" issue to ever happen

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People can call whatever it is but the context if pretty clear here. AHTC knew they were supposed to clean the ceilings and there is no need for hawkers to pay for it as they have repeatedly said that. No confusion whatsoever, period.

Alamak, it took you so long to understand what WP TC has been saying all this while. Anyway, glad that you finally got it.

What AHTC, WP MPs including LTK tried to do is to act blur about their contractor attempted to charge hawkers for high rise cleaning when they are not supposed to. LTK said, he is puzzled who asked for the quotation, not straight away to claim that the contractor is right to make that quotation. Period.

You are still empty inside. Please read all the statements made by WP. No time to tutor you on this lah. You got to stop sucking Vivian's milk; it is poisonous.

Stop going round and round beating the bushes for reasoning to justify WP's stance. WP has lost quite a bit of respect from the middle ground with such wishy washy dealings and I guess you guys are doing a great disservice to WP by further showing how intellectually dishonest WP people are by trying too hardly to disprove the indisputable facts. Even LTK didn't dare to investigate and prove otherwise, who do you think you are? You know better than LTK? For goodness sake, heed LTK's advice, give it up, leave it to the muddy water of letting voters to decide lah...

The truth hurts, doesn't it? But you don't need to vent out your hurt by being nasty. Just take it like a man and face up to your stupidity. We forgive you.

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing still puzzling me in the hawker centre cleaning saga is why LHL chose to come in at such a late stage with such a strongly worded statement of support for VB. Prior to this all of the PAP Ministers and MPs had taken great care to distance themselves from VB.

My guess is that with the old man's health failing, he felt the need to show that the PAP was still united. Hence the need to support someone who had become desperately unpopular within his Cabinet. Rather than a ringing endorsement, I see this as yet more evidence that VB will be joining MBT and Raymond Lim soon.

5. Conversely, before any Minister accuses any one of dishonesty, he must make sure that he is fully able to back up his charge. Minister Balakrishnan’s statement in Parliament was not just his personal opinion, but the government’s official position which the Cabinet had approved.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
1) I expect not if Jonathan Oh and Ng Kok Khim are WP members. They would just call up the higher up and have the misunderstanding cleared...
most probably. agree

2) Maybe still some coverage but not as loud as the present one. They did cover some of PAP's dirty laundry...
the issue would also be resolved with a call to the higher up to clarify the issue

the braddell road brothel's coverage would most likely happened after the issue is clarify, >2.5m areas cleaned with every1 smiling and singing the song of "1 big happy family".

3) Good question, I expect them to raise questions if PAP MPs involved..
i doubt pinky would bring in "honesty", "integrity".

i could be wrong though. let's see if pinky will do so on girl girl apparent doctored dossier

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak, it took you so long to understand what WP TC has been saying all this while. Anyway, glad that you finally got it.

His arguments are too weak to convince WP supporters but instead of sharpening the arguments he takes the easy way out to label them as "blind". What's more he's even shy to defend his arguments, as we can see how he keeps running away when cornered.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's more he's even shy to defend his arguments, as we can see how he keeps running away when cornered.

so is it alright for me to call him spineless (shy to defend his arguments, keeps running away when cornered), shameless (he will repeat the same embarrassingly lame, embarrassingly stupid baseless smear and malicious stir elsewhere) fake oppo?

i've known quite a few spineless, shameless fake 40%. but fake oppo? rabid gohms shall be my 1st.