• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST starting to blame Singaporeans for MRT fiasco

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Singaporeans are being blamed for 'over-reacting' to the MRT fiasco.. this is ridiculous crap from the 147th press once again.

The way they try to shape public opinion is totally shameless. The MRT fiasco was unacceptable and people need to be taken into account. In other countries, Saw would have been minced meat long ago. The fact that she is being allowed to stay on (and the people who called for her resignation being framed as ungracious/extreme) is a travesty and could only happen in Singapore.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_750526.html

--

The recent MRT breakdowns have cast a shadow over Singapore's train system.

Many complained about the way SMRT handled the situation with some even calling for SMRT chief Saw Phaik Hwa to resign. But what do foreigners staying in Singapore feel about the public sentiment to the breakdowns?

Sidrah Arif, who was working in London before moving to Singapore three years ago, is used to train delays on the London tube and was surprised at the reaction.

'I do feel that peoples' reaction was over-the-top especially when there are other means to getting to places in Singapore. It's a geographically small place not like in a huge city where there's no other option

harassed

Does someone have contact details of SPH management? I need to escalate this. My family, unfortunately, subscribed to TNP, and there's been issues from Day 1.

Day 1 & 2, NO DELIVERY. There has also been cases of TORN/CRUMPLED issues received. I took pictures, emailed SPH customer service. Things go smoothly for a while, and now, no delivery again. I called, complained. guess what? treat me like beggar, offer me 2 additional issues of TNP.

and on Sat morning, when papers was delivered at 5.30am, my doorbell was rung more than 10 times. Sun morning, because doorbell's battery was removed, fist was used to BANG MY DOOR at 6.30am.

i know SPH has a bad name online, but I didnt know they were capable of such HOOLIGAN/HARASSMENT ACTS.

obviously the CS manager i complained to was super incompetent to allow such things to happen

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are tempted to blame God, but decided that under PAP, Singaporeans are daft and can be easily bullied. So the PAP dogs decided to target Singaporeans as easy way out to protect SMRT shareholders.

RandomMonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does someone have contact details of SPH management? I need to escalate this. My family, unfortunately, subscribed to TNP, and there's been issues from Day 1.

Day 1 & 2, NO DELIVERY. There has also been cases of TORN/CRUMPLED issues received. I took pictures, emailed SPH customer service. Things go smoothly for a while, and now, no delivery again. I called, complained. guess what? treat me like beggar, offer me 2 additional issues of TNP.

and on Sat morning, when papers was delivered at 5.30am, my doorbell was rung more than 10 times. Sun morning, because doorbell's battery was removed, fist was used to BANG MY DOOR at 6.30am.

i know SPH has a bad name online, but I didnt know they were capable of such HOOLIGAN/HARASSMENT ACTS.

obviously the CS manager i complained to was super incompetent to allow such things to happen

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. This is not acceptable at all.

However, unfortunately SPH management is not going to care about this and instead of rectifying their mistake, they will find all ways and means to deflect the responsibility and blame someone else. For instance:

1) The delivery of newspapers is outsourced to a logistics/delivery vendor and is not within the purview of SPH customer service
2) The delivery man is new and will be 'counselled' or 'spoken to' accordingly
3) It has happened, let's move on

This is the case with almost all Singapore GLCs. I have had similar experiences with SingTel. Horrible service, tremendous inconvenience, my cable TV was down for more than 1 month and despite sending technicians down 3 times (meaning I had to take 3 half-days of leave to wait for them, as there is no one at home), the problem still was not fixed. In the end, I just kept complaining and complaining, moved up the chain of command and even wrote in to the CEO via snail mail, CCed to at least 5 other managers.

I also said that SingTel was in breach of their contract since they are contractually obliged to provide me with a WORKING cable TV service. I said that I would just not pay them and if they want, they can sue me, and I will see them in court. If I win, it would set a precedent which would allow thousands of frustrated customers to terminate their subscription if they are not happy with SingTel's service.

They got back to me and offered me a month of free MIO TV subscription to 'settle' the issue. I said no way I would accept this, the minimum I would accept is 6 months free. Eventually they relented and gave me 6 months free :biggrin: