• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sri Lanka muslim MP caught smuggling Gold and Jewels at Colombo airport

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.dailynews.lk/2023/05/25/law-order/304155/mp-raheem-pays-rs-74-mn-customs-fine-released

Puttalam district MP Ali Sabry Raheem who was arrested by the Sri Lanka Customs officers last Tuesday (23) with undeclared stock of gold, jewellery and mobile phones, were fined Rs.7.4 million by Customs officials.
The stack of gold biscuits, jewellery and the stack of mobile phones were confiscated after the formal customs inspection…The MP left the Customs headquarters after paying the fine in full yesterday (24) morning.
Raheem called the President’s Secretary from the airport to demand his release, claiming that he was the victim in this situation, and further claiming that the gold was not his, but belonged to a travel companion. Later, Raheem paid the maximum penalty of a 7.5 lakh rupee fine to release the contraband and avoid further criminal charges. Authorities also detained and interrogated him for many hours.

Raheem belongs to the All Ceylon Makkal Congress, which was renamed from the previous political parties of Sri Lanka Muslim Congress (SLMC) and All Ceylon Muslim Congress (ACMC). Throughout the entire smuggling ordeal, he was trying to use his extreme privilege to get out of his legal woes, even to the point of claiming victim status in a video tirade that was designed to extricate him from the smuggling charges.

The following day, May 24, 2023, MP Raheem broke his silence. “Ali Sabri Raheem breaks silence over Gold seizure & explains why he voted against Govt,” by Zulfick Farzan, News First, May 24, 2023:

The President’s Secretary. I spoke to him and explained that I did not carry the goods, and it was one of my associates. He packed the bag, and he put the goods in both our bags. He committed the offense and I was at fault. If such injustice takes place when I am with the government, and if they don’t help me, there is no point in being with the government. That is why I voted against the government.
However, there has been much skepticism over this. Many people believe that he has been smuggling gold and jewels from the Middle East for a long time, in order to fund his insidious jihadist political objectives, which include efforts to Islamize Sri Lanka through the purchase of a large number of lands and businesses which were once owned by the native Buddhist inhabitants of the island. Sri Lankans feel they are being intentionally squeezed out of the gold and jewelry markets in their homeland by the shady business practices of jihadists. This situation involving the known Islamist MP Ali Sabri Raheem proves that these fears are at least to some degree justified.

In particular, the rapid Islamization across Sri Lanka has been accompanied by a sharp rise in the number of Islamic gold and jewel traders throughout Sri Lanka. The illegal smuggling activities of MP Raheem and his associate in order to finance their political jihad against the indigenous populations in Sri Lanka confirms that unknown jihadist networks in the Middle East are actively conspiring to steal the livelihoods of non-Muslim Sri Lankans. The wealth generated from jihadists cornering the gold and jewels markets is not shared equally among all of the islanders in Sri Lanka; rather, the jihadists hoard the wealth among themselves.