• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPP's Lina Chiam to take up NCMP offer

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
It may cut both ways.

If she performs well in parliament, that could win her points to fight for PP in 2016.

However, if she speaks like what she did the last time on TV, she is a goner. The media will have a field day picking on her. She might also just drag down the whole SPP.

For now, it seems the latter is more likely...

The Papzis will like that, she's not even a half of CST. Oratorically she cant even handle presentation let alone taking on debates, her presence in parliament will mean nothing much.

The chance for her of any possibility in retaking potong pasir lies on how worst the resentment against the Papzis goes in the years ahead rather than her preformance in parliament.

It's obvious the SPP is a one man's brand, the real McCoy is CST and in potong pasir, he moves away and you see the fence sitter swings. If he fades away SPP fades with him. The only thing left will just be his legacy as hardly will there be someone like him to come along, if ever to come along.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
If she performs well in parliament, that could win her points to fight for PP in 2016.

However, if she speaks like what she did the last time on TV, she is a goner. The media will have a field day picking on her. She might also just drag down the whole SPP.

For now, it seems the latter is more likely...

Another possibility: she is silent for the next 5 years.

Still she won that right. Therefore let the peoples of Potong Pasir hear her words of love for Singaporeans, in the best tradition of the SPP. Or hear her silence and see her absence from Parliamentary sittings.

Give her a chance to prove herself. It may be a job beyond her. But if she shows commitment, her lack of skills will not be held against her. However she should clear her debating points with her colleagues. If the PAP attack her and she is speechless, then remain speechless. Far better than saying rubbish. The PAP will be seen as bullying an aunty.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only thing left will just be his legacy as hardly will there be someone like him to come along, if ever to come along.

There are plenty who are better than him. To name a few for this Election: the entire WP team, Nicole Seah, the entire SDP A Team.

More and even better candidates will appear in the next election.

People should stop living in the past. It stops them from seeing the beautiful jewels in the Present.

Last edited:

Amakusa Kourin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come on, let us give her a chance. Now she might seem inexperienced because she is not a natural speaker unlike CST, who was a lawyer. She could take this chance to improve on her speech in the next 5 years.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
qpnjeq.jpg

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are plenty who are better than him. To name a few for this Election: the entire WP team, Nicole Seah, the entire SDP A Team.

More and even better candidates will appear in the next election.

People should stop living in the past. It stops them from seeing the beautiful jewels in the Present.

I did not say he's the best neither did I say there's no one better than him. Do not be confused or you'll not grasp what I meant. I'm stating a fact, it's only in the present will I be able to look back and comment about a legacy he's about to leave behind. It's not about greatness but rather a journey he struggled till today.

Whether or not he's a great man or someone ordinary, it's judgmental and it's a matter of opinion, it's up to anyone to decide. Take a look here, after he fade away will there be someone like him to come along, if ever, you tell me.