• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'porean earning $10k also complains of difficulty supporting family

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Car is a big liability. Easily can set you back by a thousand or more a month...gas, servicing, maintenance, insurance, ERP and parking fees. If you can use public transport, it will save alot. Cut down on eating at restuarants. You can get quality food even at decent price at hawker's centers. Better still , if you can cook and eat at home. Cut down on credit card payment. It is a big money stealer. Pay everything by cash if possible ... when you feel the pinch, you will want to cut back on your expenses.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take taxi cheaper than drive own car. N parents are also unaffordable luxuries. They should operate on a budget. I mean all these old farts leaching on their kids...really unfair burden to society.

Car is a big liability. Easily can set you back by a thousand or more a month...gas, servicing, maintenance, insurance, ERP and parking fees. If you can use public transport, it will save alot. Cut down on eating at restuarants. You can get quality food even at decent price at hawker's centers. Better still , if you can cook and eat at home. Cut down on credit card payment. It is a big money stealer. Pay everything by cash if possible ... when you feel the pinch, you will want to cut back on your expenses.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am impressed with your ex colleague and the wife that can afford to drive a beamer, with slightly more than 10k salary. Most likely they are what you call DINKs.

He needs a car for his job & the company gives him a car allowance. He is actually being pragmatic & bought the Beamer 2nd hand. Now that he has lost his job he will probably have to sell his car.

I have a Malaysian friend working in KL & his boss has given him a company car, also a Beamer. He already has a car but the boss insisted that he use the company car & included with the car is a petrol allowance.

It's actually quite sad that my Sporean ex-colleague who makes more than the friend in KL has to struggle to own a car. He lives in a HDB apartment while my Malaysian friend has a house. So not all Malaysians want to work in Spore because some of them have a higher quality of life over there.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is either, lazy, stupid, or a combination of these factors.
[h=1]S'POREAN EARNING $10K ALSO COMPLAINS OF DIFFICULTY SUPPORTING FAMILY[/h]
Post date:
30 Apr 2015 - 9:46pm

[Pic Source]
Recently, I'm starting to wonder if I'm slowly slipping out of the "middle class" bracket and into the "low income" bracket.
My wife and I are both working and we earn average incomes, combined about 10K a month. Our children are in school and expenses are getting super high.
My car is 9 years old. When I went looking for cars, even a small Korean car costs over $100k.
I want to get a bigger flat because kids are growing and my parents are staying with us. But prices are ridiculously high.
My old retired parents stay with me. They have no savings. Food, medical bills, expenses, allowances are all taken care of by my wife and me. When you count income per person in my household, it is not alot. No lavish lifestyle... nothing of that sort. I can't kick my kids or parents out.

Last time can afford to eat chilli crab once in a while. Now crab is $65 a kilo. Cannot afford to eat anymore. Durian price also gone crazy. If eat out, little bit here and there also cost $50-$100. The $50 bills in my wallet use very fast... maciam flow out like water.
Getting old. Tired of this impossible rat race. You feeling the pinch too?

Mike Tan
*Complaint first appeared on http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/article/complain-getting-tired-rat-race...