• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore is AngMo country ok!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN border=0 cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - S'pore is AngMo country ok!</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF width="1%" noWrap align=right>From: </TD><TD class=msgFname width="68%" noWrap>pJUDGE2009 <NOBR></NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate width="30%" noWrap align=right>5:49 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT height=20 width="1%" noWrap align=right>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname width="68%" noWrap>ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 4) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft rowSpan=4 width="1%"> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>23588.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>Orchard Central are now running TV commercials promoting their new shopping centre. I felt strangely out of place seeing ANGMOs in the ads. Momentarily I thought I was in Australia, or England or California...then I remember, hey, I'm in Sinkapore Southeast Asia leh.
Here's the commercial on youtube: (Can you embed it, kojak?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmvYEcOp4fk
Do they really need to create an AngMo ad to sell the Mall to us? Oh, maybe it's not intended for us locals? Maybe they're targetting the AngMo market? We have such a huge AngMo market here for them meh? Is Orchard Central only for AngMo? Maybe that's the subtle message for us....
Here are some of the pics/ads from their website:http://www.orchardcentral.com.sg/
tourist.jpg
special.jpg

Whoaaa shiok. We are living in AngMo country you know!

th_noSPOREANS.jpg
Orchard_Central_-_Artists_Impression.jpg

</TD></TR><TR><TD> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%"> </TD><TD class=msgopt width="24%" noWrap> Options</TD><TD class=msgrde width="50%" noWrap align=middle> Reply</TD><TD class=wintiny width="25%" noWrap align=right> </TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgbfrbot> </TD><TD colSpan=3> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'll wait for the STOMP version where some fuckwit idiot take pics of the Ang Mo's jumping around a KPKB under the headline: "so rude, think mall is in their own country..."

<table id="msgUN" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3"><tbody><tr><td id="msgUNsubj" valign="top">
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - S'pore is AngMo country ok!</td><td id="msgunetc" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
icon.aspx
Subscribe </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="msgtable" width="96%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msg" valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%"> </td><td><table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgF" width="1%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">pJUDGE2009 <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" width="30%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">5:49 am </td></tr><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" width="1%" align="right" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td><td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 4) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td class="msgleft" rowspan="4" width="1%"> </td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">23588.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8"></td></tr><tr><td class="msgtxt">Orchard Central are now running TV commercials promoting their new shopping centre. I felt strangely out of place seeing ANGMOs in the ads. Momentarily I thought I was in Australia, or England or California...then I remember, hey, I'm in Sinkapore Southeast Asia leh.
Here's the commercial on youtube: (Can you embed it, kojak?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmvYEcOp4fk
Do they really need to create an AngMo ad to sell the Mall to us? Oh, maybe it's not intended for us locals? Maybe they're targetting the AngMo market? We have such a huge AngMo market here for them meh? Is Orchard Central only for AngMo? Maybe that's the subtle message for us....
Here are some of the pics/ads from their website:http://www.orchardcentral.com.sg/
tourist.jpg
special.jpg

Whoaaa shiok. We are living in AngMo country you know!

th_noSPOREANS.jpg
Orchard_Central_-_Artists_Impression.jpg

</td></tr><tr><td> </td></tr></tbody></table><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="msgleft" width="1%"> </td><td class="msgopt" width="24%" nowrap="nowrap"> Options</td><td class="msgrde" width="50%" align="middle" nowrap="nowrap"> Reply</td><td class="wintiny" width="25%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> </td></tr><tr><td class="msgbfrbot"> </td><td colspan="3"> </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
That ad was for a mall? I thought it was for the movie "Uncertainty". Another creative copycat ad?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/uncertainty/

Honestly, the mall so big that you can run around. Most of the shop must be "pa bung" (hit mosquito)..

For me.. I have not been to any Orchard shop for years... seriously. The last time I was actually in Orchard was during SARS when there is no crowd. I prefer to buy my stuff when I'm on work assignment overseas.

DerekDear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'll wait for the STOMP version where some fuckwit idiot take pics of the Ang Mo's jumping around a KPKB under the headline: "so rude, think mall is in their own country..."

Hey wait.... our PM is in charge of ANG MO KIO constituency

:biggrin:

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who asked the morons to vote him in at Ang Moh Kio? Now confirm he has mandate to help and import Ang Mo

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
why they want to attact angmos only?

angmos are minorities in SGP....

sooner or later that mall will be bankrupt..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Of course use ang mor lah, then what , sinkies? They are ashamed of themselves but that is understood as i cannot stand their sinkie behavior as well.