• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S'pore bought "dozens" of Merkava tanks last year to save Jew's tank production line

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: S'pore bought "dozens" of Merkava tanks last year to save Jew's tank production l

Israeli weapons are tested and proven in battles. In fact, it is constantly been tested. It's wise to have them. Also Israelis r known to b practical n not comprising of bells n whistles.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: S'pore bought "dozens" of Merkava tanks last year to save Jew's tank production l

Israeli weapons are tested and proven in battles. In fact, it is constantly been tested. It's wise to have them. Also Israelis r known to b practical n not comprising of bells n whistles.

we already seen that israeli tech is no match for russian tech.......russian sams made short work of israeli planes in the yom kippur war,russian anti tank weapons trashed israeli tanks in the yom kippur war,decades later,israeli merkava tanks again got trashed by russian atgms and anti tanks in the lebanon war,israeli billion dollar stealth ship got hit by iranian/russian cruise missile and dead in the water for 8 hours and now syria has S300 which is a threat to almost any aircraft in existence,NATO or US,and yet we insist on buying their garbage.....i wonder what kind of spell the jews have over singapore.sigh.....if any of our muslim neighbours decide to go on the offensive like the yom kippur war,SG will die a terrible death.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

any armored vehicle or tank that has a rear passenger compartment that can shelter and protect precocious sinkie guniangs like an ambulance giving refuge to spf poodles is great. it's becumming sg sop to hide in "safe-haven" cavities or cocoons.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

interesting topic but I think there's an existing thread.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?185220-Singapore-buys-tanks-Merkava-Mk-4&highlight=merkava

Technology is good but more important is quality of its crew esp commanders.
Would the same people who bring in low quality Pinoys, PRC's and Indian FT's as their answer to economic growth (and votes?) be able to effectively deploy high tech weapons -esp when none has had any real combat experience.
What do you think will be the motivation of the crew?

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Singapore was the only country in south east asia that bought the aermachi m-346, also purchased by israel airforce as trainers.
Other asean countries, indonesia, philippines and thailand bought korean made kai t-50.

Singapore bought M-346 first. Then Israel bought it 2 years later. But the Koreans have a better pricing for their Golden Eagle. The RSAF have traditionally bought trainers from Italy, see SIAI Marchetti 260, and S 211. this carries on a 40 year legacy.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

interesting topic but I think there's an existing thread.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?185220-Singapore-buys-tanks-Merkava-Mk-4&highlight=merkava

Technology is good but more important is quality of its crew esp commanders.
Would the same people who bring in low quality Pinoys, PRC's and Indian FT's as their answer to economic growth (an votes?) be able to effectively deploy high tech weapons -esp when none has had any real combat experience.
What do you think will be the motivation of the crew?

Yes, it was brought up before and then I found this reference recently. It was quiet for a while and I know of no SAF personnel send to Israel for training on the tank. I thought the deal was dead. But its possible everything was carried out in secrecy.