• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SPG: Count on Me, Sinkapoor!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Bound together by Singapore songs abroad
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Friday's story on national songs ('National songs are 'symbols of identity' for Singaporeans') took me back to 1997, when some university girlfriends and I travelled to Bangladesh to see our Singaporean classmate Farhana get married.
We were a fun bunch of Chinese, Malay and Indian Singaporean friends, and that week we celebrated the most colourful and exuberant wedding rituals I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
There were rich processions of gifts, daises flowing with fresh marigolds, an elephant or two ambling around, ritual pelting of anyone in sight with turmeric and riotous music and dancing everywhere till the wee hours each morning.
At the end of the main wedding reception, tired from the dancing, we crawled into a van taking us back to our lodgings and waited inside sleepily for other members of the party to catch up.
Suddenly, someone started to sing the opening lines of Count On Me, Singapore. Before we knew it, we, and everyone else in the van who had schooled or lived in Singapore (which included first- to third-generation Singaporeans, primary school cousins to housewife aunties) joined in with great gusto and jubilation.
We sang Singapore song after Singapore song and we found that between us we knew enough songs (even the Courtesy song made an appearance, I recall) to last more than half an hour.
There, in Dhaka, in the middle of the night, dressed in our wedding party finery of saris, kebayas and cheong sams in a van, we laughed and cried and sang our hearts out because we knew all the words and we all felt like one big crazy Singapore family. It is one of my favourite memories.
Lyn Lee (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why don't she try to do the same thing now with her FT and New Citizens friends and see what happens..........

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can sing in Dhaka, but if you sing in Singapore, maybe you get charge for sedition because you not sensitive to the FTs standing next to you.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR>Bound together by Singapore songs abroad
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->LAST Friday's story on national songs ('National songs are 'symbols of identity' for Singaporeans') took me back to 1997, when some university girlfriends and I travelled to Bangladesh to see our Singaporean classmate Farhana get married.
We were a fun bunch of Chinese, Malay and Indian Singaporean friends, and that week we celebrated the most colourful and exuberant wedding rituals I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.
There were rich processions of gifts, daises flowing with fresh marigolds, an elephant or two ambling around, ritual pelting of anyone in sight with turmeric and riotous music and dancing everywhere till the wee hours each morning.
At the end of the main wedding reception, tired from the dancing, we crawled into a van taking us back to our lodgings and waited inside sleepily for other members of the party to catch up.
Suddenly, someone started to sing the opening lines of Count On Me, Singapore. Before we knew it, we, and everyone else in the van who had schooled or lived in Singapore (which included first- to third-generation Singaporeans, primary school cousins to housewife aunties) joined in with great gusto and jubilation.
We sang Singapore song after Singapore song and we found that between us we knew enough songs (even the Courtesy song made an appearance, I recall) to last more than half an hour.
There, in Dhaka, in the middle of the night, dressed in our wedding party finery of saris, kebayas and cheong sams in a van, we laughed and cried and sang our hearts out because we knew all the words and we all felt like one big crazy Singapore family. It is one of my favourite memories.
Lyn Lee (Ms)
<!-- end of for each --><!-- Current Ratings : start --><!-- Current Ratings : end --><!-- vbbintegration : start -->

One of those die hard PAP prostitutes that carries a white PAP logo-ed dildo in her purse even when travelling abroad!:oIo:

metadata

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very good composition indeed, I wonder how many of us would splurge out patriotic song spontaneously in any occasion.

Bored to death in the jungle of my army day and we never sang any national song. Stupendously drunk in JB KTV with all the kakee and we never sang any of these shit.

In fact try these in any place and any occasion you would freeze the environment and get all the "Ah?" stare. So to conclude this is a typical secondary composition or any stat board licker trying to get any attention.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
uni malay gal wed bangla worker?????????????????????????

Lyn Lee (Ms)