• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Son late for O-levels, mum blames school

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Son_late_for_O_levels_mum_blames_school-topImage.jpg

He thought his O-level examination was at 3pm, when in fact, it was at 8 in the morning.

The secondary four student, Yang Xing Qin, 16, only realised he was late for his Design and Technology exam only when his teacher called his home at 7.50am, to ask why he wasn't at school.

Said his mother, Madam Teo: "My son told me his exam was at 3pm, it also said so on his exam timetable. But the teacher who called said the exam was at 8am. I hurriedly drove my son to school, but he was still late by 20 minutes."

Madam Teo tried to plead with the teacher over the phone to give him more time to complete the paper, but the teacher only said "he'll try", said Madam Teo.

However, Madam Teo said her son, who studies in the Express stream, wasn't given the extra time, and did not finish about 30 per cent of the paper.

"My son came home in tears, because he had high hopes of scoring an A in this paper."

Now, that hope is dashed, and Madam Teo says the school is to blame.

"The error occurred because of the schedule given out by the school was wrong", insisted Madam Teo.

She showed the schedule to the reporter from Wanbao.

According to the reporter, the time printed on the schedule did look like it was 03:00, and not 08:00. But it cannot be ascertained if the error was made during input, or due to the quality of the printing.

Maximilian Chua-Heng

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why every Sinkie boy must serve NS...to know how to read time in 24-hour-clock format. :rolleyes:

Son_late_for_O_levels_mum_blames_school-topImage.jpg

He thought his O-level examination was at 3pm, when in fact, it was at 8 in the morning.

The secondary four student, Yang Xing Qin, 16, only realised he was late for his Design and Technology exam only when his teacher called his home at 7.50am, to ask why he wasn't at school.

Said his mother, Madam Teo: "My son told me his exam was at 3pm, it also said so on his exam timetable. But the teacher who called said the exam was at 8am. I hurriedly drove my son to school, but he was still late by 20 minutes."

Madam Teo tried to plead with the teacher over the phone to give him more time to complete the paper, but the teacher only said "he'll try", said Madam Teo.

However, Madam Teo said her son, who studies in the Express stream, wasn't given the extra time, and did not finish about 30 per cent of the paper.

"My son came home in tears, because he had high hopes of scoring an A in this paper."

Now, that hope is dashed, and Madam Teo says the school is to blame.

"The error occurred because of the schedule given out by the school was wrong", insisted Madam Teo.

She showed the schedule to the reporter from Wanbao.

According to the reporter, the time printed on the schedule did look like it was 03:00, and not 08:00. But it cannot be ascertained if the error was made during input, or due to the quality of the printing.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis kind of plinting ... me wud have gone 2 dat blahdy skool 2 take dat blahdy paper @ 3am, man! ... :o

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all his other classmates can turn up for the paper before 8am, then the problem lies with him for being such a idiot! So what if he can excel academically? He is still a bloody moron to me! And his bitch of a mother still has the audacity to bring this up in the media! If I was her, I would shut the fark up for having such an idiotic son! Even if the school made an error in the printing, he son should have seek confirmation on the correct timing way in advance. I've never heard of a paper being scheduled for 3am!!! :oIo:

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
how come the son got no friends ? this is weird !
Normally students will talk and chat about next day papers.

I think his friends told him of the 8am time, but he thought everyone was trying to compete and sabo him. So he "blindly" stick to the guideline provided by the school. This is a perfect example when ppl follow the letter of the law to very fullest and "dot and cross all the I and Ts".

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
The entire format is in 24-hour format. So unless he wants to take the exam at 3am in the morning, he should be turning up at 8am. Having said that,this is an honest mistake for everyone so hopefully he will learn his lessons.

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
If all his other classmates can turn up for the paper before 8am, then the problem lies with him for being such a idiot! So what if he can excel academically? He is still a bloody moron to me! And his bitch of a mother still has the audacity to bring this up in the media! If I was her, I would shut the fark up for having such an idiotic son! Even if the school made an error in the printing, he son should have seek confirmation on the correct timing way in advance. I've never heard of a paper being scheduled for 3am!!! :oIo:

That pretty much closes the case. After all, if everyone got it right and he did not the problem therefore must lie with him. In addition, the format is 24hours which should have highlighted that it cannot be at 3.00 pm. Even if he was told that the time was 3 in the afternoon, how come only he and nobody else messed up?

All the same, the poor bastard going to have phobias for years to come. :p

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
if the boy doesn't know how to read time in the 24H format, it pretty much says about his level of intelligence. What makes him think he can get an A in the first place? :biggrin:

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
so bloody cuckoo how to score A?

20 min late, and miss 30%? assuming 2 hour paper. should not be more that 16.67%?

i remember when i scored A in my maths paper, finished the paper early and still have time to look around.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
so bloody cuckoo how to score A?

20 min late, and miss 30%? assuming 2 hour paper. should not be more that 16.67%?

i remember when i scored A in my maths paper, finished the paper early and still have time to look around.

i was late for 30 mins for my history paper, woke up late and rushed to school. By the time i finished reading the questions, most of them already finished 2 essays. I wrote fast and furiously and finished my 3 essays in record time, 3 months later i scored an A2 for my history. Cannot complain too much, i already too late for it :biggrin:

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's eating too much production chicken meat .

You get dumber dumber children .

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a poor man's subject .

So they schedule at 8 am to tekan .

Rich man subject they schedule it later in the afternoon .

Plus O-level is not everything .

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
If he is just 20mins late, I doubt it would make much difference if you're really good. To have 30% of the exam undone, even if he is given 20mins, he would still be unable to complete the paper.

Everyone else was there on time, it must the boy who overslept and find reason to complain.

knightriderz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree:wink: definitely stupidity or complacency. Besides O level timing r fixed. All noon papers start @ 2pm except fri 230. Dumb son n dumber mum to complain

denzuko1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Assuming the examination is 3 hours long, a 20 minutes late is but 11% of the time taken. He should not be failing to do 30% of the papers.

What's more, don't he find it strange that it is 03:00? I mean the box above did show 15:45. shouldn't he be at school by 3:00AM already?

exSINgaporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just look at the time printed on top of the 3:00.....it's 15:45. So if the son and mother reads it a 3 pm they should at least call up the school to confirm as the timing should follow the same standard.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the exam was really held at 0300 then he definitely won't be late for school cos he will be the first person there...

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

hi there

1. aiyoh! below kid cum mummy.
2. is there any logic taking an examination in the wee hours of the morning.
3. just no cow sense or what!
4. if in doubt, both of them have no mouth to query or what.
5. sheep are just sheep.
6. blame everyone except itself.