• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some "veteran blogs"

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Back in the nineties when I got acquainted with politics stuff, these were the internet sites I went to before sites like TOC, TR, NAR, New Nation, Publichouse etc. came into existence. They were the blogs of old, and even before the word "blog" came into existence.

Singapore Window - http://www.singapore-window.org/
Sintercom (successor) - http://www.newsintercom.org/

Recently, I went to see and surprised that they are still going strong, as much as the second one (Newsintercom) seems to have lost its quality. If there is any award I will give, it won't be TOC but Singapore Window - for being consistent.

As for Newsintercom. In 1994 soon after the internet was born, Sintercom was founded by Tan Chong Kee and had a team of about 10 running diverse sections including an online forum. Some prolific names like Wynthia Goh, Lee Yew Moon and Edmund Chia come into mind and is the most diverse and successful outfit before TOC, with good quality articles. After Tan closed it in 2004, DP Yadav started Newsintercom and replaced HTML with Joomla. Now it seems like Yadav has handed over this to a ranting regular commentator (Andrew PK Yap) in the comments section, who has turned the whole blog into his personal blog, making people read his ranting in the former comments section, based on free ugly Wordpress. A sad end.

Technology changes too past. Even today, blogs are going out of trend with Facebook, and "bloggers" no longer ring a bell as someone politically fantastic.

Last edited: