• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Party?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

You should add on that Singapore should enact a law to force parents discard any unhealthy or disabled newly borns, so these newly borns will not be a burden to society

Nobody is saying that the disabled should be eliminated. However, nature should be allowed to take its course. Taxpayers should not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to defy the law of natural selection.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Some thoughts -- What's your vision for Singapore if you've formed a Political Pa

Nobody is saying that the disabled should be eliminated. However, nature should be allowed to take its course. Taxpayers should not have to spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to defy the law of natural selection.

It's an age-old question. For example, a 30-year-old stabbed to death an 80-year-old lying on deathbed with only weeks to breathe. He shall be charged for murder and pay with death penalty, i.e. about half a century of his future in exchange for terminating the old man about half a month before his time.

Another example, an 80-year-old lying on deathbed and the medical bill to prolong his life by 3 months at most is $300,000. His son agrees to it but has to be bankrupted by it. Another example, a rich 50-year-old needing a kidney transplant and willing to pay the donor for it. No can do, it's illegal. The next in queue is a poor 80-year-old chap. The kidney is donated free but the poor old sod and his family is burdened with a S$300,000 medical bill and he'll die in last than a year anyway. The kidney donor got nothing and helped nobody. All are either dead or bankrupted under the pretense to morals between law and medicine.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

Another example, an 80-year-old lying on deathbed and the medical bill to prolong his life by 3 months at most is $300,000.

I've seen the scenario played out in real life. My good friend's uncle in NZ was an alcoholic and a dope smoker and had not done any productive work for years. As expected, his liver packed up and he was given a liver transplant at the age of 50 courtesy of the taxpayer.

This kept him going so he could continue the same lifestyle for another 6 years till his heart gave up the ghost. Guess what! he was given a new heart again courtesy of the taxpayer.

He died in his early 60s after having consumed hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical services all paid for by someone else.

Did NZ society get a good deal from spending all that money to extend the life of someone who was on the dole for an extra 15 years? I think not.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did NZ society get a good deal from spending all that money to extend the life of someone who was on the dole for an extra 15 years? I think not.

The surgeons are thankful, so is the bloated health dept support team.

Redistribution of income to the rich is OK :smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

what is your grand vision for Singapore?

hmm... need a political party to have a grand vision meh? thought we sang this in the past?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2qorGDlreIY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal

I've seen the scenario played out in real life. My good friend's uncle in NZ was an alcoholic and a dope smoker and had not done any productive work for years. As expected, his liver packed up and he was given a liver transplant at the age of 50 courtesy of the taxpayer.

This kept him going so he could continue the same lifestyle for another 6 years till his heart gave up the ghost. Guess what! he was given a new heart again courtesy of the taxpayer.

He died in his early 60s after having consumed hundreds of thousands of dollars of medical services all paid for by someone else.

For every example that u can cite to support your case, I can cite one hundred to prove that u are wrong. Your narrow-mindedness bordering on bigotry is alarming. I'm starting to have doubts over my fellow psychologist worker assessment of u. I really think I've been right all along and that is, u are truly a mental case after all.