• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Some pathetic self righteous Singaporeans.....

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clinton666, that Gardens School Dropout is also one of them......

Only know how to poke their own eyes to see stars !!

Simply Pathetic !!

Private postman denied condo access

http://www.straitstimes.com/print/ST+Forum/Story/STIStory_273963.html

Sep 1, 2008
Private postman denied condo access
THE postal service sector has been fully liberalised since April 1 last year. The intention is clearly to facilitate competition in this sector and hence promote a more efficient postal service sector that will mean better postal service and pricing.

One challenging issue since the announcement of postal liberalisation by the Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts is accessibility to letterboxes by any postal operator other than the incumbent.

The problem is twofold. One is Singapore letterboxes' anti-junk-mail design, which allows delivery only via the master-door key, which at the moment in some designs is held only by the incumbent postal operator for security reasons. The other is the location of letterboxes within secured compounds (some with 24/7 security and others merely with secure key-code entry), where even reaching the letterboxes is a major challenge to postal operators other than the incumbent.

Interested private postal operators like AJ Couriers have faced many excessive challenges in fulfilling our postal delivery work due to the design and location of letterboxes. For instance, last Monday, 2008, one of our postmen went to deliver some postal items (addressed and unaddressed mail) to Avila Gardens, off Loyang Avenue, but was denied entry by security guards. Upon further explanation that he was there to fulfil postal deliveries, he was referred to someone who was presumably the security manager. While not willing to give his full name and clearly not helpful, this man further told our postman that, if he wanted to post something, he should 'put a stamp and post through SingPost' because

'we only allow SingPost postman to enter'.

So, is this man colluding with the incumbent postal operator to prevent competition? Surely not. Is his behaviour anti-competitive? Perhaps, but we do not think he is aware of the implication of his actions. Because the letterboxes are located within secured compounds, the situation has unwittingly empowered these security guards to deny postal service competition. Perhaps we should have had more foresight years ago and not allowed letterboxes to be located within secured compounds, in view of the planned postal liberalisation last year.

Can the authorities clarify any guidelines for the location of letterboxes in multi-tenant premises, and any guidelines for security personnel who are in a position to impede postal operators' delivery.

Kong Kim Kok
General Manager
AJ Couriers

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I only allow pte post man to deliver mails and I give him specific instruction to throw all mails from SAF , mindef and SAFRA.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope the contents in the mail is not that explosive or would cause a BIG BANG to create history ???

I only allow pte post man to deliver mails and I give him specific instruction to throw all mails from SAF , mindef and SAFRA.