• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sochi Winter Olympic 2014

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usatsi_7721398.jpg

Yulia Lipnitskaya (RUS) performs during the team ladies short program during the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games at Iceberg Skating Palace.

usatsi_7721441.jpg

usatsi_7721163.jpg

usatsi_7721132.jpg

usatsi_7721050.jpg

usatsi_7721093.jpg

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
467844303-1.jpg

olympics_020814_russia-sochi-054.jpg

SOCHI, Russia (AP) — Like old times, Russia is dominating Olympic figure skating.

Fifteen-year-old Julia Lipnitskaia had the look of an Olympic champion on Saturday night, dazzling the home crowd with a near-perfect routine in the women's short program. Then it was Russia's backup pair, Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov, earning cheers as they routed the field in the free skate.

With only the men's and women's free skate and the free dance left to contest in Sunday's finale, Russia has 47 points to Canada's 41 and the United States' 34. Italy has 31 and Japan has 30.

With her countrymen chanting her first name, Lipnitskaia put on a mature presentation that had fans stomping their feet and showering the ice with flowers and dolls. Her flexibility and rapid rotation on her spins and jumps were reminiscent of Tara Lipinski when she won the 1998 Olympic gold.

And Lipinski, who was the same age at those games in Nagano, was on hand to see it.

View galleryKsenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia react after …
Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia react after competing in the team pairs free skate figure …
"I have been saying the whole year that she is a dark horse," Lipinski said of Lipnitskaia — yes, the names are nearly the same. "I loved the energy and the fight in her."

Lipnitskaia easily outskated far more experienced competitors Carolina Kostner of Italy, who is in her third Olympics, and Japan's Mao Asada, in her second. The moment wasn't too big for her in any way.

"My trainers told me people would cry," she said. "They told me they would be clapping to the music. But I didn't think the spectators would be so loud. But it helped me to perform really well."

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
10024121_H12197653-600x806.jpg

Stolbova%2BKlimov%2BFS%2BTeam%2BOWG2014%2B(getty)%2B2.jpg

tumblr_n0pd61wVKl1t6tocao1_400.gif

Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov showed the depth of talent in Russian figure skating as they brought the hollering fans to their feet with a spectacular free skate to move the hosts within touching distance of the inaugural Olympic team title.

The couple were substitutes for Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov, with the world and European champions trying to preserve their energies for the individual pairs competition, and Stolbova and Klimov did not disappoint.

From the moment they nailed a sky-high throw triple flip, the crowd were delirious as the duo whizzed around the ice, showcasing their gravity-defying lifts and nifty footwork to the soundtrack of 'The Addams Family'.

Their score of 135.09 was more than five points ahead of nearest rivals Kirsten Moore-Towers and Dylan Moscovitch of Canada.

Going into the final day of the team event, Russia lead with 47 points. Canada (41), the U.S. (34) Italy (31) and Japan (30) complete the top five with three segments of the competition remaining.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The photos nowadays show so much detail it's scary. These are the Nikon D4 and the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV in action... boosted to super high ISO and high shutter speeds.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The photos nowadays show so much detail it's scary. These are the Nikon D4 and the Canon EOS 1D Mark IV in action... boosted to super high ISO and high shutter speeds.

yeah , take this for example
swan-lake-dancer.jpg

it was very dark
she was spinning very quickly
the shutter speed is very high and after zoom in, still so sharp, truely amazing indeed, modern full frame DSLR.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Call me anytime! 'Bored' Russian snowboarder receives 2,000 messages (and 'dozens' of naked pictures) after putting phone number on his helmet

article-0-1B4C027900000578-565_634x571.jpg

article-0-1B4A9BC200000578-948_634x383.jpg

article-0-1B4A767000000578-671_634x461.jpg

Russian snowboarder Alexey Sobolev took a rather unusual step to have some fun in the Olympic Village.

Sobolev, 22, applied his phone number to his safety helmet to encourage women from across the host nation to send him pictures, calls and text messages. He even ended up getting 'dozens' of naked pictures from women.

He had a good response as well - he told a USA Today reporter that he had received more than 2,000 messages, though failed to elaborate what they were.
'I've got a collection of pictures, he told Lindsay Jones. 'It's really boring in the Olympic Village, you know?'

Sobolev's stunt didn't last long, however, as in the semi-final round the number had been covered up.

He also appeared to sport a Pussy Riot - a Russian feminist rock band who have been jailed for their protests on social rights - themed snowboard, but skirted the issue when questioned.

Protest? He also had what looked like a Pussy Riot logo on his snowboard but would not answer when questioned

Russian media asked if the snowboard was meant as a protest.

'Anything is possible,' he said. 'I wasn’t the person who designed the board.'

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-2554854-1B2CE12C00000578-353_634x424.jpg

Talented: Rudman (above) finished third, behind Lizzy Yarnold in this year¿s world skeleton standings
Shelley Rudman will swap number fraction puzzles with her daughter for brutally fine margins on the ice track when she competes in the skeleton in her third Olympics in Sochi.

Rudman, who home-schools her six-year-old daughter Ella, has developed what she calls a ‘greater sense of perspective’ about her sport in the four years since the Vancouver Olympics, where she came sixth.

As No 2 in the world and a silver medallist in Turin four-years previously, she was expected to win a medal in Canada but was a bystander as team-mate Amy Williams collected a gold medal.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow today figure skating is amazing, Yulia Lipnitskaya really blow away her competition in the ladies free.

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+oF8-tgZEzz5x.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+9SVoOriF-etx.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+LfpB_-YgY5Nx.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+Yhw7nqE7_oCx.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+OPyF2V3W4Zjx.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+LYg4bEgt5ONx.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+5XF7YQFLSzWx.jpg

Figure+Skating+Winter+Olympics+Day+2+eVzx-qfeClsx.jpg

Gracie Gold of the United States competes in the Team Ladies Free Skating during day two of the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics at Iceberg Skating Palace onon February 9, 2014 in Sochi, Russia.