• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT black limo boh seng li...jam up airport taxi stand

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if pay $2.00 extra on top of the usual $2.80 or $3.00 I dun mind, but the meter jump $0.30 like every 10 secs,
eek.gif
. I once took from tanan merah ferry terminal to bishan after 5pm, the fare ended @ $42.00. Almost got a heart attack. :(

My friend was a joke. He took the prestige, the taxi driver tell him nicely its $5 flag down, my friend took offence and said, "eh uncle, I wear shorts, slippers, you think I no money is it. I tell you drive you drive. What is $5 flag down?"

taxi driver keep quiet, by the time reached destination, $35. He alight and kpkb to us, normal cab only $17 he take, now become double. :p

rofthelper

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend was a joke. He took the prestige, the taxi driver tell him nicely its $5 flag down, my friend took offence and said, "eh uncle, I wear shorts, slippers, you think I no money is it. I tell you drive you drive. What is $5 flag down?"

taxi driver keep quiet, by the time reached destination, $35. He alight and kpkb to us, normal cab only $17 he take, now become double. :p

In fact your frd should enjoy it bah. The aircon blowing from bottom upwards, and ample legroom. Your frd's should be feeling damn cold below his shorts at that time. :biggrin:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. bro bingo!
2. the budget terminal is a joke.
3. with no public transport such as buses, mrt, individuals have to resort to cab or personal vehicles to get in and out of the budget terminal.
4. yes, this is sheep's world-class transport network.

There is a shuttle that goes to the MRT station

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You friend want to show off. Taxi driver already politely inform higher charges.
If Ok then tell u friend dont KPKB

zuoom

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are pretty expensive. normally it would cost me around 14-5 for a trip. the blackies will cost 20.

Z

Zombie

That will be their lesson thinking they getting a good deal. When they arrived saw the fare their jaw will drop drop 3 inch down.

Actually the culprits are those traffic controllers at the queue. They will just push you to the next taxi, especially if you are not assertive enough to reject the expensive ones.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually the culprits are those traffic controllers at the queue. They will just push you to the next taxi, especially if you are not assertive enough to reject the expensive ones.

It's not their fault. It's their job to get the passenger to the next available taxi. It's the airport management's fault. They should separate the queues.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not their fault. It's their job to get the passenger to the next available taxi. It's the airport management's fault. They should separate the queues.

Is the taxi driver and airport management problem. There are Luxury cab pick up point. The traffic controller should ask the driver move out from normal taxi bay. Divert the limo cab to luxury taxi bay.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is the taxi driver and airport management problem. There are Luxury cab pick up point. The traffic controller should ask the driver move out from normal taxi bay. Divert the limo cab to luxury taxi bay.

It's obvious that the airport management instructed them to allow limo cab. Otherwise of course they couldn't and wouldn't allow. Try driving a private car into the taxi queue and see what they'd do you.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not their job to tell passengers: "It's the same. It's the same. Just go ahead."

Oh, then that's not the same. They should tell passengers, that's more comfy but more ex also. If passengers don't mind, then go ahead. If passengers want regular cab, they should assign the next available regular cab.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i believe if there is luxury taxi bay ..then those limo will give some of their earning to that luxury counter bay ...which alot of limo driver dont want that to happen ...

in japan huge party event organiser sometimes dont have to pay insurance fee , sercurity fee , rental fee for outdoor space ...ect .. in singapore , you have to pay many things in order to set up a business . in singapore there are no free lunch ....

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. bro bingo!
2. the budget terminal is a joke.
3. with no public transport such as buses, mrt, individuals have to resort to cab or personal vehicles to get in and out of the budget terminal.
4. yes, this is sheep's world-class transport network.

in singapore you pay peanuts you get peanuts ...as simple as that !!!:wink::biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In most good airports, limo cabs don't join the taxi queue. There's a limo bay and a limo booth. Passengers interested in limo cabs go to the limo booth to book their limo cabs where there's waiting area with seats for them. Then the limo cabs are called out. Passengers wanting only regular cabs join the regular standing queue.

SINgapore mana ada sistem encik!...even KL have a seperate Limo service....we like to hamtum Malaysia so much...

I would not board the "BLACK" taxi at all cost anywhere on SINgapore...even I am at the Q at Changi Airport...I will wait my turn, till I see a cheaper one...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINgapore mana ada sistem encik!...even KL have a seperate Limo service....we like to hamtum Malaysia so much...

I would not board the "BLACK" taxi at all cost anywhere on SINgapore...even I am at the Q at Changi Airport...I will wait my turn, till I see a cheaper one...

Actually Changi airport have separate limo cab bay. Not sure if all terminal have or not?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, poor taxi service again and again and again

Pleas open 25% to PRs and work permit holders and you will see an immediate improvement in service

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sigh, poor taxi service again and again and again

Pleas open 25% to PRs and work permit holders and you will see an immediate improvement in service

No lah, forgive Krafty. He's such a loser, H_o K_um H_ean screwed his life (don't know how), LBH bo hiew him, he quit his job (somehow also HKH fault cannot be he suck) wife left him :biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think your friend suffer from an illness known as

DUA KANG YAO SIU :oIo:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah, forgive Krafty. He's such a loser, H_o K_um H_ean screwed his life (don't know how), LBH bo hiew him, he quit his job (somehow also HKH fault cannot be he suck) wife left him :biggrin:

Sure sounds like the typical day for a loser :biggrin:

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the SMRT limo services should just be banned. Too bad for them if they think it is too bad for the customers to wait longer. These taxi drivers should just leave for other type of taxi service.