• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Slow Juicer or Blender better?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of getting either a blender or slow juicer.
Understand slow juicer cost a lot more as compared to a blender.
Thought of making those milkshake with a blender, with those added fruits in.
Always thought that taking in those fibers will help in the bowels too,
Though a slow juicer, need not go through the hassle of much preparation....... or am I wrong:eek::eek::eek:

gongkia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Phillip slow juicer costs less than $500. Owning a slow juicer will face the hassle of cleaning up after use.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've got both. Recently got a blender because I wanted to make almond milk.

I've only owned it for a week & here are some personal observations between the two.

I've tried blending greens but I prefer drinking the juiced green stuff because you can more easily drink juices. With a blender you are limited to the amount you can consume because of there is still the bulk of the vegetables. So you really feel stuffed after blending a few veggies. You can of course use a blender to blend greens but you really need to experiment on the correct mix.

A juicer is more useful if you need to fight a disease like cancer because you can juice a vast amount of different greens without feeling full because it does not have the bulk(cellulose) of the veggies

A blender is more useful if you are blending fruits e.g. strawberry, blueberry, bananas, ... because you will still preserve the taste. You can also use a blender to make ice cream by including ice in the ingredients. Can also use a blender to make soups. Did you know that a blender creates heat from the friction? I didn't know that but it does. You can also make jams, make breads,.. i.e. a blender is like a food processor.

It is easier to clean up a blender. I just fill it with soapy water & blend & the cleaning process is done.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you get serious into blending, the 2 brands you should consider aew Vitamix & Blendtec brands. For juicers get a slow cold press juicer which preserves more of the nutrients.

The Blendtec & Vitamix have the power to blend properly. You really want to break down the vegetable cellulose to make it easier for the body to absorb. They can also crush ice without any problems

The prices in Spore are high. You can save money by getting it from Amazon UK. They have products which use 220volts.

prancku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of getting either a blender or slow juicer.
Understand slow juicer cost a lot more as compared to a blender.
Thought of making those milkshake with a blender, with those added fruits in.
Always thought that taking in those fibers will help in the bowels too,
Though a slow juicer, need not go through the hassle of much preparation....... or am I wrong:eek::eek::eek:

I have used both juicers and blenders for many years.

Which to use depends on your objective to be achieved as they are not the same and achieve different results.

Juicers – need not be a slow juicer as some juicers can plug into direct current and are fast. They can be very expensive especially the more effective ones, from $800 or more (high end, Greenstar 2000). The more effective it is (more expensive also), the more fibres are removed and the final result is just water like juice. Of course there are juicers that cost less than $100, but the results may not be desirable as less of the fibre will be removed and less of the juice comes out. Of course, we also can find juicers that take in whole fruits together with their skins (oranges, bananas)

Previously I have juiced carrots, red & green apples, celeries, grapes, beetroot, oranges, etc all at one go – just drink up the juice at the end as the fibres will be removed.

Juicers take longer time to prepare and wash plus dry and it is a big put off to many people. Easier to absorb the nutrients, but don’t help much with digestion and waste disposal.

Blenders – many varieties and prices, ranging from $30 to over $100. The one I am currently using is Korean multi functional blender, Shimono retailing at $99. The seller is always there in every electric or electronic fair at Expo. They were also at the recent Comex show, Suntec.

I blend, every day – minimum one or two bananas and one orange. Additional fruits like apples, pears, grapes, berries, celeries, plums, nectarines, papaya or melon depends on availability. I normally juice three to four fruits at one go and drink up the resultant juice (with fibre). I like this as it helps with every morning passing of waste and fibres give me a feeling of fullness. Blending can also include yoghurt and cheese to create smoothie plus ice added.

Blenders are usually easy to prepare, wash and dry. All can be done within ten minutes flat.

So whether you want to use juicer or blender, depends mainly what objective you want to achieve – more or less fibre. Up to you and you can even juice and blend at the same time throughout the week.

Cheers!!

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jury is still out but according to some people, essential anti-oxidants are lost when you put fresh fruit through a juicer or blender.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ive blown out a philips 700W juicer on soursop.... fark philips, fark the dutch.

Had a 700 watt Phillips immersion blender which lasted a few years. It was being used every day & what surprised me is that it lasted so long. It had plenty of plastic parts. If you want something more lasting you have to invest more $$$.

That is why I invested in a heavy duty Korean made Angel juicer. I bought it directly from the manufacturer. It is built like a tank. Really heavy & made of stainless steel. It has a 10 year warranty. Never had any problems with it. However it is an expensive product.

With blenders it is the same. If you spend on a cheap blender it will probably work for a few years before it breaks down & it may breakdown sooner if you crush ice on a daily basis. Blenders like the Vitamix & Blendtec are better made & come with a 7 year warranty. Spore dealers have a higher markup but if you want local support you don't have much choice but to pay the extra $$.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
You really want to break down the vegetable cellulose to make it easier for the body to absorb.

Bro,
Don't think our body produces cellulase to digest cellulose, we avoid decomposed plant material and/or poop for some reasons as well.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro,
Don't think our body produces cellulase to digest cellulose, we avoid decomposed plant material and/or poop for some reasons as well.

Not a science major so can only provide a laypersons explanation.

By cellulose I am referring to the vegetable fiber material. When you juice the juicer will crack open & squeeze the juices out of the plant material.
When you a blender, it will break down the cellulose(plant material) into tiny little bits that will make absorption by the body easier. The better blenders will do a more thorough job to liquefy the plant material.

A juicer is especially useful for those who are very ill & the body is too weak to process the plant material from the veggies that they consume. The Gerson therapy is known to help even those with very advanced stages of cancer that doctors have given up for dead.