• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinus Infection ? NEVER Take Antibiotics !!!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinus infections are the fifth most common reason antibiotics are prescribed for adults. Unfortunately, it doesn’t even provide symptom relief since fewer than 2% of sinus infections are bacterial. Since the majority of sinus infections are viral or fungi – antibiotics are no help.

### that's why i almost ended up in hospital ward becoz antibiotics suppress the immune system further.........making the sinus infection worse .................

go take grapefruit seed extract instead..................non-toxic even in large amounts..................and researchers are looking at it to treat ANTHRAX.......................

Seriusly

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinus infections are the fifth most common reason antibiotics are prescribed for adults. Unfortunately, it doesn’t even provide symptom relief since fewer than 2% of sinus infections are bacterial. Since the majority of sinus infections are viral or fungi – antibiotics are no help.

### that's why i almost ended up in hospital ward becoz antibiotics suppress the immune system further.........making the sinus infection worse .................

go take grapefruit seed extract instead..................non-toxic even in large amounts..................and researchers are looking at it to treat ANTHRAX.......................

The active substances in grape seed extract are oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which moderate allergic and inflammatory responses by reducing histamine production.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used a neti pot with salt water to flush my nasal system. After a week, my passages was became clear. That was about 5 to 6 years ago and I have never had sinuses since; if it happens again, I'll just do the same thing. It is an Ayurvedic treatment and costs only a few dollars for the pot. The solution I used was just warm water and common salt.

Cheers!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used a neti pot with salt water to flush my nasal system. After a week, my passages was became clear. That was about 5 to 6 years ago and I have never had sinuses since; if it happens again, I'll just do the same thing. It is an Ayurvedic treatment and costs only a few dollars for the pot. The solution I used was just warm water and common salt.

Cheers!

i read about neti pot but is it painful ?

water go up nostril must be damn uncomfortable, right ?

breathing how leh ?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
i read about neti pot but is it painful ?

water go up nostril must be damn uncomfortable, right ?

breathing how leh ?

At first it was horrendous just thinking about. First time was dreadful - water going in one nostril, going through the passage, and coming out the other, together with lots of mucus. By the third or fourth time, it didn't feel that uncomfortable anymore and you get used to it. You need to hold your breath when doing it (flushing).

Cheers!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cheers!

Hi,,I recommend you use boiled water...or if the saline solution sold at optical shops can be used...dont want to get this problem..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naegleria_fowleri

Some have died using the water for this nose flushing thing..the bacteria goes directly to the brain..no defense hor...

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At first it was horrendous just thinking about. First time was dreadful - water going in one nostril, going through the passage, and coming out the other, together with lots of mucus. By the third or fourth time, it didn't feel that uncomfortable anymore and you get used to it. You need to hold your breath when doing it (flushing).

Cheers!

cannot breathe thru mouth meh ?