• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies shocked DPM Teo did not know Konfrontasi Story by heart

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A rear admiral in the Navy does not know the intricate details of one of the most dangerous periods in Singapore's history??? :eek:

If he has not studied the past during his tenure as navy commander, how is the RSN going to defend Singapore in the future?

He doesn't need to know anything
Don't you know that in Sinkieland
It's not what you know
But who you are related to
That matters most ........

It has been speculated wildly in internet that family members of top civil servants and elected officers from PAP either own big businesses or hold important appointments. Although, informations regarding families of our politicians are held almost like a top secret, some interesting dots between them can still be connected thanks to the internet.

From Kwa (Geok Choo) family to Lim Nee Soon
Kwa Soon Chuan, brother of Kwa Geok Choo married Lim Chong Pang's daughter, Lim Seok Cheng.
Lim Chong Pang is Lim Nee Soon's Son.

U30.png

Lim Nee Soon grandfather-in-law is Teo Lee.
And Teo Lee is -- the great-great-grandfather of Deputy PM Teo Chee Hean.

U32.png

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not the shocking part as far as I am concerned. If he had a background in accounting or some other subject like that, he could be excused for not knowing about the Konfrontasi. But this jackass was the MInister of Defence for 8 years!! How can you be the minister of defence and not be knowledgeable about the previous armed conflicts that your own country has gone thru? Amazing. Consider that he was commissioned as an Officer as early as 1973, which is a mere 7 years after the end of the Konfrontasi. He went through the SAF Command Staff college, as well as serve on the Joint Staff, and yet he does not know about the Konfrontasi? DId they not teach him these things during the training? Was it not required reading? I would think many tactical lessons could be derived from the Konfrontasi, including repelling enemy airborne incursions, 5th column saboteurs, etc.

There is no better illustration of why the region's armed forces think that the SAF is a joke. Indonesians can name all their warships with controversial names if they choose, but they know the SAF only looks good on paper but are let by idiots who are only good in studying.

He raised the Singapore Flag, the first time...when he was a head prefect & in school...he does not know about the Macdonald House Bombing...that is really amazing..or he so protected...that he knows only the good news...surely his parents, in business circles who have talked about the bombing....most of the luxury cars showroom is near there...including C&C showroom...

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He raised the Singapore Flag, the first time...when he was a head prefect & in school...he does not know about the Macdonald House Bombing...that is really amazing..or he so protected...that he knows only the good news...surely his parents, in business circles who have talked about the bombing....most of the luxury cars showroom is near there...including C&C showroom...

Since Rear Admiral Teo graduated from SJI and doesn’t have a Christian name (at least not publicized), shall we call him Joseph, as in Sir Joseph Porter from HMS Pinafore, one of Gilbert & Sullivan’s many satirical musicals. Enjoy the lyrics, video will follow ... ... soon.

SIR JOSEPH.
I am the monarch of the sea,
The ruler of the Queen's Navee,
Whose praise Great Britain loudly chants.

COUSIN HEBE. And we are his sisters, and his cousins and his aunts!
RELATIVES. And we are his sisters, and his cousins, and his aunts!

SIR JOSEPH. When at anchor here I ride,
My bosom swells with pride,
And I snap my fingers at a foeman's taunts;

COUSIN HEBE. And so do his sisters, and his cousins, and his aunts!
ALL. And so do his sisters, and his cousins, and his aunts!

SIR JOSEPH. But when the breezes blow,
I generally go below,
And seek the seclusion that a cabin grants;

COUSIN HEBE. And so do his sisters, and his cousins, and his aunts!
ALL. And so do his sisters, and his cousins, and his aunts!
His sisters and his cousins,
Whom he reckons up by dozens,
And his aunts!

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIR JOSEPH.
When I was a lad I served a term
As office boy to an Attorney's firm.
I cleaned the windows and I swept the floor,
And I polished up the handle of the big front door.
I polished up that handle so carefullee
That now I am the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

CHORUS. — He polished up that handle so carefullee
That now he is the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

Sir Joseph.
As office boy I made such a mark
That they gave me the post of a junior clerk.
I served the writs with a smile so bland,
And I copied all the letters in a big round hand —
I copied all the letters in a hand so free,
CHORUS. — He copied all the letters in a hand so free,

Sir Joseph.
In serving writs I made such a name
That an articled clerk I soon became;
I wore clean collars and a brand-new suit
For the pass examination at the Institute,
And that pass examination did so well for me,

CHORUS. — And that pass examination did so well for he,

Sir Joseph.
Of legal knowledge I acquired such a grip
That they took me into the partnership.
And that junior partnership, I ween,
Was the only ship that I ever had seen.
But that kind of ship so suited me,

CHORUS. — But that kind of ship so suited he,

Sir Joseph.
I grew so rich that I was sent
By a pocket borough into Parliament.
I always voted at my party's call,
And I never thought of thinking for myself at all.
I thought so little, they rewarded me
By making me the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

CHORUS. — He thought so little, they rewarded he
By making him the Ruler of the Queen's Navee!

Sir Joseph.
Now landsmen all, whoever you may be,
If you want to rise to the top of the tree,
If your soul isn't fettered to an office stool,
Be careful to be guided by this golden rule —
Stick close to your desks and never go to sea,
And you all may be rulers of the Queen's Navee!

CHORUS. — Stick close close to your desks and never go to sea,
And you all may be rulers of the Queen's Navee!

Last edited:

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This song is specially dedicated to Rear Admirer Teo Chee Hean aka Sir Joseph. See above post for lyrics.

[video=youtube;iZ-gfalEWI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZ-gfalEWI0[/video]

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
And you thought that Sinkapore is incapable of aggression towards our neighbours? In the language of international relations, sinkapore is showing aggression by rallying the people against another country.

Can't. We only have Chief of Defence Force. We don't have Chief of Offence Force. So we can't attack anyone.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
He does know that, we became a Republic in 1965...
They will tell you, all these are isolated incident, including the Hock Lee Bus Riots, for it is paramount to know, "our dear leader", had brought us from 3rd world to 1st world...anything else does not matter & are "isolated"...(hear only the good things).

Next will he tell us he never heard of the 1965 Shenton Way mutiny and riots by Malaysian Malay soldiers? Must get CNA to make a documentary on it!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Next will he tell us he never heard of the 1965 Shenton Way mutiny and riots by Malaysian Malay soldiers? Must get CNA to make a documentary on it!

Was there a mutiny in 1965 in Shenton way?? I know only in my history study..the 1915 Sepoy Line Mutiny.....TCH may not even know the 1969 curfew....due to the May 13, riots in KL...at Petaling Street...

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He doesn't need to know anything
Don't you know that in Sinkieland
It's not what you know
But who you are related to
That matters most ........

Or if you don't know the answer, just ask, even if they are just students...

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dat burger oways ask ... wat d'ya tink? ...

ofcos he noes oni nax 2 nutting about evryting ...

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is not the shocking part as far as I am concerned. If he had a background in accounting or some other subject like that, he could be excused for not knowing about the Konfrontasi. But this jackass was the MInister of Defence for 8 years!! How can you be the minister of defence and not be knowledgeable about the previous armed conflicts that your own country has gone thru? Amazing. Consider that he was commissioned as an Officer as early as 1973, which is a mere 7 years after the end of the Konfrontasi. He went through the SAF Command Staff college, as well as serve on the Joint Staff, and yet he does not know about the Konfrontasi? DId they not teach him these things during the training? Was it not required reading? I would think many tactical lessons could be derived from the Konfrontasi, including repelling enemy airborne incursions, 5th column saboteurs, etc.

There is no better illustration of why the region's armed forces think that the SAF is a joke. Indonesians can name all their warships with controversial names if they choose, but they know the SAF only looks good on paper but are let by idiots who are only good in studying.

Agreed, anyone who went thru SAF Command Staff college would have known about the Konfrontasi.
TCH must be sleeping throughout his course in SCSC.

76346_321995091239280_171374059_n.jpg

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeans from all walks of life with varying levels of general knowledge are in a state of shock.

This after they read a Facebook update by deputy prime minister Teo Chee Hean saying he “learnt a lot” from watching Channel NewsAsia‘s documentary, Days of Rage: Konfrontasi.

They expressed their disappointment that the deputy prime minister doesn’t know these things by hard and has to learn about a pivotal aspect of Singapore’s violent nation-building history only this late in his life now.

One Singaporean, Zhen Chong Ming, said: “I can’t believe our deputy prime minister only learnt about the historical facts of Konfrontasi only now. Shouldn’t he be privy to all the details considering that he is running this country?”

“Why is he learning a lot only now from watch a CNA programme? This is disturbing.”

At press time, it is unclear how many members of parliament have also learnt a lot from the CNA documentary or missed it completely, which means they learnt nothing.

- http://newnation.sg/2014/02/sporean...r-doesnt-know-history-of-konfrontasi-by-hard/

MOE approved textbook did not elaborate any further other than "Indonesia Buay Song" & "Konfrontasi" lah! All paper generals derived their knowledge from the right source only lah!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was like Rear Admiral for even less than half a year. As i said, he was not destined to hold a star until they wanted him in politics.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal
TCH is just there because he was part of the old elite monied class like his father was when he was chairman of OCBC, not because he had any real capability.

razzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
A rear admiral in the Navy does not know the intricate details of one of the most dangerous periods in Singapore's history??? :eek:

If he has not studied the past during his tenure as navy commander, how is the RSN going to defend Singapore in the future?

Personally,l am not surprised. When these blokes were hitting the books, they were into Maths and Science. They learnt less history, georgraphy and literature. The emphasis then was on building a technologically advanced country. The education system forgot about the other side of the coin. Thus it churned out technocrats who had no soul.