• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies heed NSP Gilbert Goh’s F&B boycott advice

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
gilbert-goh-and-die.jpg

Gilbert Goh, the balding owner of Transitioning.org — a website that is written in Engrish — has requested Singaporeans to boycott F&B outlets that employ foreigners who account for 80 percent of their staff strength.
This, according to Gilbert Goh’s superior logic, is to teach the F&B joints a lesson so that they will be more inclined to hire only locals.
Singaporeans from all walks of life have since taken up his challenge.
Those interviewed by New Nation said they will avoid any such F&B outlets that employs 80 percent foreigners.
One Singaporean, Siam Ji Pi, explains how he will take Gilbert Goh’s suggestion to heart.
He said: “I will boycott those places with 80% foreigners. I will only patronise F&B outlets that employ 79% of foreigners!”
To take things to another level, other Singaporeans have suggested ways that Gilbert Goh can practise what he preach.
For instance, he is expected to refrain from wearing clothes that are Made In China to be a man of principle.
Boh Cheng Sah, another Singaporean, said: “As a pure bred Singaporean and a man of his word, it is his duty to abstain from anything which contains 80% foreign elements.”
“For example, if Gilbert Goh’s underwear contains 80 percent or more materials that are not produced locally, he cannot wear it.”
“He can, therefore, go commando. Or sew his underwear using locally produced leaves.”

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if the food sucks than there is no point in boycotting FnB outlets that hires mostly FTs. Most outlets already hiring mainly FTs. Even bars and high end restaurants. Sinkee society is a fad conscious one and it's already not easy to survive in a competitive market like peesai for most FnB outlets. The rents alone will kill a majority of SMEs in peesai.

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to know which F&B outlets are in 80% foreigner hired category?
Anyone going to identify and show a list in SBF?

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup its stupid. There are restaurants and even food production plants in Sonoko and Marsiling that hires mostly FTs but we can't see them as they worked at the back of the house. If sinkees want to boycot jollibee than they should boycot eating everything that is made in peesai which includes almost all foodstuff.

Last edited:

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is a good call...
He did say about outlet hiring service staff.
Kitchen staff, product,ion staff... later on.

Let's start with service level first...
But, how to know which outlets having 80% FTs hired.

gilbert-goh-and-die.jpg

Gilbert Goh, the balding owner of Transitioning.org — a website that is written in Engrish — has requested Singaporeans to boycott F&B outlets that employ foreigners who account for 80 percent of their staff strength.
This, according to Gilbert Goh’s superior logic, is to teach the F&B joints a lesson so that they will be more inclined to hire only locals.
Singaporeans from all walks of life have since taken up his challenge.
Those interviewed by New Nation said they will avoid any such F&B outlets that employs 80 percent foreigners.
One Singaporean, Siam Ji Pi, explains how he will take Gilbert Goh’s suggestion to heart.
He said: “I will boycott those places with 80% foreigners. I will only patronise F&B outlets that employ 79% of foreigners!”
To take things to another level, other Singaporeans have suggested ways that Gilbert Goh can practise what he preach.
For instance, he is expected to refrain from wearing clothes that are Made In China to be a man of principle.
Boh Cheng Sah, another Singaporean, said: “As a pure bred Singaporean and a man of his word, it is his duty to abstain from anything which contains 80% foreign elements.”
“For example, if Gilbert Goh’s underwear contains 80 percent or more materials that are not produced locally, he cannot wear it.”
“He can, therefore, go commando. Or sew his underwear using locally produced leaves.”

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
The message sent out for Sinkies awareness.
Every movement needs first step...

Last edited:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
This particular movement wont work at all. Other cuntries also hires FTs for FnB and food companies. The best way is to vote Pappies out.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does his boycott calls extend to include hospitals?

Frens, Singapore's role in the region is to act as a magnetic hub. Taking on this kind of anti-foreigner stance does not do the island any good. Singapore does not have the size to be headstrong and steadfast. It is better to remain flexible so as to change course when the wind direction changes. Worst is to be seen as hostile.

Cheers!

greenies

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read the boycott message as: -

We don't call boycotting all foreign ownership business.
Foreigners can own and operate, but hire locals more...

Last edited:

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I think this guy is an idiot. I don't think many Singaporeans are against FT at lower end of the job spectrum, but its the middle tier that they are pissed about.

By Boycotting service outlets that hire more FT does not mean the business will hire Singaporeans. This is because the salary is way too small for a Singaporean to survive.

whatthink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might as well ask sinkie not to eat, drink, wear, take public transport, which industry in singkieland no FT, he talk so well, go and clean is own rubblish since 80% of the HDB cleaner are Indian, Banglar. No brainer at all, this is surviving world, he still live iin his fantacy dream.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Does his boycott calls extend to include hospitals?

Frens, Singapore's role in the region is to act as a magnetic hub. Taking on this kind of anti-foreigner stance does not do the island any good. Singapore does not have the size to be headstrong and steadfast. It is better to remain flexible so as to change course when the wind direction changes. Worst is to be seen as hostile.

Cheers!

There is such thing as _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

tumblr_miiysittvN1rdyof9o1_500.jpg