• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Peasant girl shared her life's difficulties on the internet

Loongsam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last month, a peasant girl shared her life’s difficulties on the internet, writing about her life of poverty, misfortune, and struggle to live in Shanghai and help support her family in the countryside. Frustrated, she finally said it was better to be a rich man’s mistress than marry a poor man.
This post became very popular very quickly and even China’s major television company, CCTV, reported about it earlier this month. They found the girl who wrote the post and broadcast her story to explain why she wrote the post and what has happened in her life since then. Below is the CCTV report (first ~16 m
minutes):

<object id="ssss" width="480" height="370">
<embed pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://vhead.blog.sina.com.cn/player/outer_player.swf?auto=0&vid=16615387&uid=1398451237type=" application="" x-shockwave-flash="" name="ssss" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="480" height="370"></object>​

The following is a rough English transcript/summary of the video:

After posting on the BBS, some netizens expressed their understanding and sympathies to the Peasant Girl (农家女). Others doubted the authenticity of the post. They saw it as the product of someone’s boredom. But most of them criticized her and scolded her for her thoughts and feelings. They all thought that what she wrote openly challenged public order and tradition.
<!--农家女发这样的帖子背后有什么原因,她这样做意图何在?大家都在想农家女现在到底在哪里?为什么要这样做,为什么要发这样的帖子。这个帖子的背后是不是还有一些什么样的故事被隐藏着。记者反复和农家女联系,希望能见一见她。终于在无数次沟通以后,农家女同意接受采访。-->
What reasons made Peasant Girl post her article? What was her intention? Where is she now? Why did she write such an article? Are there hidden stories behind her story? This reporter contacted the Peasant Girl several times and asked to see her but was refused. After much correspondence, she agreed be interviewed.

For more of the story, please go to Sinkie Peasant girl pushed against the wall by poverty

Should the government be blamed or is it her own fault that she is poor?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is one comment by a netizen:

I don’t agree with the girl’s thoughts. I think she lacks initiative and ambition and cannot adapt to competitive society hence so she lives a tired life. In particular, she only sees the faults of her environment, and her writing is filled with resentment. It expresses her view of the world which lacks initiative and ambition and she can only wallow in self-pity. Anyone can reject low standards, bad taste, mediocrity and a lack of initiative, but why has this person, who has received higher education, made her life so difficult for herself? She doesn’t know how to manage her finances, but did anyone take away her right to learn how to manage her finances? A person’s social understanding starts the moment he starts working, it is without limits. With such a starting point, she fell to such a sorrowful situation, but is that the fault of her environment? Everyone has difficulties in life, many elementary school graduates and junior middle school graduates can grab hold of their own lives, and find their own family, economy and friends, if she cannot then it is her fault! Factoring in other people and the countryside is irrelevant!!! I suggest that she actively participate in some self-help courses, and work hard to understand how to handle people and issues, which can help her change herself. A positive attitude is very important.

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
No Money, No Honey......haven't you heard of that before.

Girl's who become mistress are smart according to my views.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one comment by a netizen:

I don’t agree with the girl’s thoughts. I think she lacks initiative and ambition and cannot adapt to competitive society hence so she lives a tired life. In particular, she only sees the faults of her environment, and her writing is filled with resentment. It expresses her view of the world which lacks initiative and ambition and she can only wallow in self-pity. Anyone can reject low standards, bad taste, mediocrity and a lack of initiative, but why has this person, who has received higher education, made her life so difficult for herself? She doesn’t know how to manage her finances, but did anyone take away her right to learn how to manage her finances? A person’s social understanding starts the moment he starts working, it is without limits. With such a starting point, she fell to such a sorrowful situation, but is that the fault of her environment? Everyone has difficulties in life, many elementary school graduates and junior middle school graduates can grab hold of their own lives, and find their own family, economy and friends, if she cannot then it is her fault! Factoring in other people and the countryside is irrelevant!!! I suggest that she actively participate in some self-help courses, and work hard to understand how to handle people and issues, which can help her change herself. A positive attitude is very important.

keke.. so ironic that thai loser quoted this..:biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No Money, No Honey......haven't you heard of that before.

Girl's who become mistress are smart according to my views.

Recently the 'ang pai' at Flanders Square in Singapore, a FT from Malaysia, makes money by opening her legs, works 8 hrs a day, all week; you deduct, travelling, sleeping time, days when she had to hang a sign ,in front of the orifice that says ,"maintainence in progress", she sure work hard for her money!.

she makes:

$100 for 8 hrs = $800 a day
and work 26 days a month = $20,800

That is one months earnings...not deducting for OKT fees, etc..

The China girl wants an easy life, without even trying to work?.

No work, no money...

jw5

Loyal
Recently the 'ang pai' at Flanders Square in Singapore, a FT from Malaysia, makes money by opening her legs, works 8 hrs a day, all week; you deduct, travelling, sleeping time, days when she had to hang a sign ,in front of the orifice that says ,"maintainence in progress", she sure work hard for her money!.

she makes:

$100 for 8 hrs = $800 a day
and work 26 days a month = $20,800

That is one months earnings...not deducting for OKT fees, etc..

The China girl wants an easy life, without even trying to work?.

No work, no money...
There are many ways of making money.
It all depends on how hard you are prepared to work, what risks you are prepared to take and what you are prepared to give up.
The possibilities are endless.

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are many ways of making money.
It all depends on how hard you are prepared to work, what risks you are prepared to take and what you are prepared to give up.
The possibilities are endless.

That is true. Which is why I never hated the china WL/FL my ex goes to. I don't know their stories and cannot judge their hardship.

As for those sinkie FLs who sell themselves despite coming from rich families, who is to begrudge them for selling themselves when girls their age are giving away free?

Having said that, it is easier for a well off person to talk about options. Even though I grew up poor, I cannot imagine the hardship some rural people have to suffer when growing up. Until we've walked a mile in their shoes, our words are cheap.

China people who criticise the girl are such hypocrites and blind. Chinese women are selling themselves all over the world. Just because they aren't talking about it in China just means that they don't want news to spread. :smile: