• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie gal: My Angmoh BF cooked chicken rice for me because I was homesick

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
love_story_my_scottish_bf_cooked_chicken_rice_for_me-thumbnail.jpg

Raine Chong is currently studying in Glasgow, where she also met her Scottish boyfriend, Stuart. Once, she was so homesick, that her boyfriend cooked Hainanese chicken rice for her, even making the chilli from scratch.

1. I wish they speak English in Glasgow. It is really hard to understand them at work.

2. The Scots are dumber, that is why they need a 4-year degree instead of 3-year in the southern kingdom called England. Good for Singapore girl fun.

3. As usual, female Singapore students in the UK can't cook. It is usually the guys who cook, drive and do the assignments for them.

Again, Chicken Rice chilli is so easy to make. But where is the Ginger?

4. Sorry to say, Stuart does not know Asian girls yet. Fridays do find me in pubs, consoling fellow angmo Aussies (AussiePete types) who regret entering into relationships with Asian women.

In one case, the Thai wife depends on her mother-in-law but the mother-in-law wants independence and does not want to look after the kids.

In another case, Singaporean wife become tiger mom, he does not like to see his kids pushed.

5. Not that I am bad, I have seen too many cases of cultural differences. once Singapore girl get too cosy with their angmo BF, they will have the same type of arguments. Cos that is when the girl use her singkie yardstick. Currently, the Brit is still finding the girl exotic. Bring him to Singapore and she could be history.

Will be interesting to see how Raine fares in 5 years.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1. I wish they speak English in Glasgow. It is really hard to understand them at work.

2. The Scots are dumber, that is why they need a 4-year degree instead of 3-year in the southern kingdom called England. Good for Singapore girl fun.

3. As usual, female Singapore students in the UK can't cook. It is usually the guys who cook, drive and do the assignments for them.

Again, Chicken Rice chilli is so easy to make. But where is the Ginger?

4. Sorry to say, Stuart does not know Asian girls yet. Fridays do find me in pubs, consoling fellow angmo Aussies (AussiePete types) who regret entering into relationships with Asian women.

In one case, the Thai wife depends on her mother-in-law but the mother-in-law wants independence and does not want to look after the kids.

In another case, Singaporean wife become tiger mom, he does not like to see his kids pushed.

5. Not that I am bad, I have seen too many cases of cultural differences. once Singapore girl get too cosy with their angmo BF, they will have the same type of arguments. Cos that is when the girl use her singkie yardstick. Currently, the Brit is still finding the girl exotic. Bring him to Singapore and she could be history.

wah lou why you so sour grape.. why not happy for them. They might work it out eventually... i wish them all the best!!!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should cook mee siam mai hum.....

Actually, mee siam with hum is damn good. My neighborhood hawker center has a mee siam stall and a laksa stall. The other day, out of curiosity, I bought a plate of mee siam and went over to the laksa stall and asked for 50-cent of hum to be added. She gladly gave me a scoop of hum. Not everybody can ask for that from laksa stalls unless frequent and friendly customers. But she was curious, asking me why I wanted to add hum to mee siam. I smiled and replied, I was also just curious and wanted to try how hum tasted in mee siam gravy as suggested by LHL. She said, wow, I know you know LTK, I didn't know you know LHL too!

Back to the point. Hum goes very well with mee siam gravy just as in laksa curry. Why it has never featured in mee siam is probably because it's not halal. Pig is considered dirty and haram because it mires in m&d, so does hum, so does crab. Flower crab and other shelled food that live completely in water are halal.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Fair game, Raine can choose from the so many tua kee Ang Mohs in SG. Stuart can also come to Sinkeeland as a FT and choose his spare tire.

Actually, mee siam with hum is damn good. My neighborhood hawker center has a mee siam stall and a laksa stall. The other day, out of curiosity, I bought a plate of mee siam and went over to the laksa stall and asked for 50-cent of hum to be added. She gladly gave me a scoop of hum. Not everybody can ask for that from laksa stalls unless frequent and friendly customers. But she was curious, asking me why I wanted to add hum to mee siam. I smiled and replied, I was also just curious and wanted to try how hum tasted in mee siam gravy as suggested by LHL. She said, wow, I know you know LTK, I didn't know you know LHL too!

Back to the point. Hum goes very well with mee siam gravy just as in laksa curry. Why it has never featured in mee siam is probably because it's not halal. Pig is considered dirty and haram because it mires in m&d, so does hum, so does crab. Flower crab and other shelled food that live completely in water are halal.
A little bit off track but have sudden craving for See Hum. I mean real See Hum. In LOS, there is a salad dish with See Hum mixed with Thai spice and herbs. It's call Yam Hoi Kiang. Try it next time you are in LOS. Also ask the stall not to overcook the see hum. They tend to overcook See hum. I prefer the not so cooked bloody version.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A little bit off track but have sudden craving for See Hum. I mean real See Hum. In LOS, there is a salad dish with See Hum mixed with Thai spice and herbs. It's call Yam Hoi Kiang. Try it next time you are in LOS. Also ask the stall not to overcook the see hum. They tend to overcook See hum. I prefer the not so cooked bloody version.

Yes, hum must not be fully cooked, all real hum eaters should know that. When I order char kway teow or mee siam, I always instruct them to put in the hum last just for a stir. The best way to enjoy hum is with shell on and just a dip in hot water to warm it, not to boil it. There're many hawkers in Singapore selling that. I sometimes enjoy that with friends for supper too. But it's a messy, deshelling bloody hum outdoor. Sometimes when I feel the craving, I just go the supermarket and buy some home and DIY. It's less inconvenient to cleanup when at home. Just standby some suitable chili sauce, the bottled Thai chili sauce recommended.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
love_story_my_scottish_bf_cooked_chicken_rice_for_me-thumbnail.jpg

The chicken rice chilly looks damn good

Both are pretenders actually not knowing how to cook, serve and eat chicken rice. That looks like nasi lemak! Who eats chicken rice by splashing chili on top of the rice? You'd destroy the fragrance of the chicken rice. The chili is for the chicken, not for the rice. And the chicken look like Malay fried chicken for nasi lemak anyway. And the cucumber slices look pickled, like those you find in hamburgers and can buy in a bottle.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anything that's yum is good..........i always any chain in the Yum Saap restaurant for my fix.......my favorite is the Yum Ma Ma noddles which the gf tried to replicate at home......

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cherish the moment while you can. Once the shelf-life is up, dun say chicken rice, a piece of bread also wait long long.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Both are pretenders actually not knowing how to cook, serve and eat chicken rice. That looks like nasi lemak! Who eats chicken rice by splashing chili on top of the rice? You'd destroy the fragrance of the chicken rice. The chili is for the chicken, not for the rice. And the chicken look like Malay fried chicken for nasi lemak anyway. And the cucumber slices look pickled, like those you find in hamburgers and can buy in a bottle.

Please lah. He is an Ang mor who try his best to make his gf feel better. It is not about the correct way to do the dish but the heart that counts and the girl feel his sincerity. That is the whole point. Do you think she will go and test the perfection of his chicken rice and decide if he is the one? Sinkie really hopeless.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
obviously this scotsman did not learn a wee bit from the vikings, who used to loot, rob and rape the scots many generations ago.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. i guess the sheep gal is some lonesome student in glasglow.
2. hope that her relationship works out fine!
3. the next question is: what's next when she returns home?

kemana

Alfrescian
Loyal
lmao, if u r a white dude, its not hard to get asian pussy at all, this guy dun need to work so hard lah... But the more sg weemin get farked by white cocks the better.

jw5

Loyal

When Kenny Dalglish and Fergie mention "early doors", do they mean "early days"?

Sometimes, "scottish" is like a totally different language. :biggrin: