• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Sinkie Chwee Kueh Hawker Needs To Up Her Prices By At Least 30% Or Else She Will Die!!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just reduce the size of each chwee kueh. They should be no bigger than tutu kuehs. :biggrin:
reducing size will not cut cost as rice flour is the not the main cause of a cost spike. reducing the amount of chye poh on each kueh will cause sinkies to kpkb and seek other vendors. sinkies need their chwee kueh to be filled to the brim with chye poh - a spoiled entitlement. and then they don’t finish them. just like scooping a big glob of chilli on the side, and only consuming a tiny bit of it.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
reducing size will not cut cost as rice flour is the not the main cause of a cost spike. reducing the amount of chye poh on each kueh will cause sinkies to kpkb and seek other vendors. sinkies need their chwee kueh to be filled to the brim with chye poh - a spoiled entitlement. and then they don’t finish them. just like scooping a big glob of chilli on the side, and only consuming a tiny bit of it.
I no eat chweekueh. I eat cheecheongfun (CCF). Every weekend I go shengshiong buy 2 trays of CCF. One tray has 4 CCF. Only $2.10. per tray. That's $4.20 for 8 CCF.
Keep in fridge and can last for the week. Cheap and good.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I no eat chweekueh. I eat cheecheongfun (CCF). Every weekend I go shengshiong buy 2 trays of CCF. One tray has 4 CCF. Only $2.10. per tray. That's $4.20 for 8 CCF.
Keep in fridge and can last for the week. Cheap and good.
chwee kueh is overated over glorified coolie shit, carried over from coolie and peasant poverty periods in china when the poor could only survive on lice flour and pickled preserved vegetables. it’s hardly healthy at all with the amount of oil used to cook the chye poh toppings. at one time in the past pork lard was used. that it outlived over a hundred years and milions of pioneer sinkies to this day is an enigma. should have gone sextinct 69 years ago. it’s like nostalgic sinkies trying to glorify lice gruel that was fed to infants as mom’s milk and formula substitute between ww2 and the early 60s as world crass gourmet cuisine. the shit and scum that sinkies will scour and scratch up from the tragic past to make things and some manure makan relevant again are astounding.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The best way to save money is to fast. Start by skipping a meal each day. And refrain from eating snacks, especially before bedtime.

The best way to save money is to increase your salary. When your salary exceeds your expenses by a lot, you'll automatically save lots of money. I've been doing that for years. You should give it a try.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol these hawkers really dramatic. Didn’t see them improve the quality of the food or portion accordingly when times were good. Now inflation is out of control, they cry father cry mother.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to save money is to increase your salary. When your salary exceeds your expenses by a lot, you'll automatically save lots of money. I've been doing that for years. You should give it a try.
Thanks for this astute observation
1651308381981.gif

tobelightlight

Alfrescian
Loyal
If only my observation was obvious. Most sinkies I know try to enrich their wealth through weird methods ranging from saving diligently or investing their money in risky investments or scams.
Exactly. A more savvy way is to observed the ringgit vs sgd rate for a few cents in order to go jb for shopping. This is the exact way to great wealth, that is why you are a multi-millionaire.