• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Behavior

jixiaolan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie education system

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sqoQDZ1vXd0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sqoQDZ1vXd0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Actually, she is a beri good teacher.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wow, would like this bring up this legendary thread.

From Papsmerer post, there is a sinkie behavior i would like to point out from a poster in the thread.

He like to point out the mistake of others but none of himself.

You have miss out one point.
You have a flaw in your argument.
You make a mistake.

you this , you that, blah blah blah... but nothing wrong in himself and yet didn't contribute much. What a sinkie loser.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Hokkien/cantonese/Teochew, "dialects" in general are low class. Its simply a language, its simply what our "mother tongue" is suppose to be. The banning of "dialects", to me personally is a very sad thing. I've learned to enjoyed listening to "dialect" songs in a western country, Australia, when I'm studying. The "feelings" and "emotion" you get from listening to them is different from listening to mandarin. Jackie Cheung songs sounds better in Cantonese then in mandarin. I think its a very big misconception that speaking "dialects" , hokkien in this case, is low class. If you listen to a proper conversation in the "dialects" it can be very civil and not loud at all. The problem in Sinkieland is that the younger generation that never grew up with it have no idea how the "dialects" is suppose to sound like in a civil proper manner. Singlish, rojak words are thrown into the mix during a proper "dialect" conversation, hence the low class perception that some people have of it.

Thank God it stopped. Anyway when i was a child growing up in my grandma's house in the 80's nope never heard any canto stuff.

I mean even malaysia had this canto thing why should sinkees follow it too?????????

U know there are ppl who say hokkien is low class or sounds crude and vulgar and is only good for scolding ppl for example.

Anyway it is said cantonese are black hearted one samster in old forum said so and are very loud etc.

Dun want to be stereotyped with them.

jw5

Loyal
I don't think Hokkien/cantonese/Teochew, "dialects" in general are low class. Its simply a language, its simply what our "mother tongue" is suppose to be. The banning of "dialects", to me personally is a very sad thing. I've learned to enjoyed listening to "dialect" songs in a western country, Australia, when I'm studying. The "feelings" and "emotion" you get from listening to them is different from listening to mandarin. Jackie Cheung songs sounds better in Cantonese then in mandarin. I think its a very big misconception that speaking "dialects" , hokkien in this case, is low class. If you listen to a proper conversation in the "dialects" it can be very civil and not loud at all. The problem in Sinkieland is that the younger generation that never grew up with it have no idea how the "dialects" is suppose to sound like in a civil proper manner. Singlish, rojak words are thrown into the mix during a proper "dialect" conversation, hence the low class perception that some people have of it.
I love all dialects and admire people who can speak many dialects.
But unfortunately, some people give their dialects a bad name by cursing loudly in those dialects or talking inappropriately loudly in public places.
Some of the most beautiful songs ever written are in dialects especially cantonese and hokkien. There is absolutely nothing low class about dialects at all. The low class ones are those who condemn or ban dialects.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would also like to add why I added quotes for "dialects". Because I truly believe they are different enough to be separate languages in its own rights. If Hokkien/Cantonese are called dialects, why not French/German/English being a dialects of Latin?

Yes there are many songs that are very beautiful in "dialects". I started out learning my "mother-tongue" by listening to Hokkien songs while over here. Picked up phrases, words, sentences slowly from it. It also helped I get to have friends from Penang that I could converse and practice with. Not exactly the same as Sinkieland Hokkien but close enough. I've been listening to Hakka, Teochew songs recently as well, only problem is I have no one else to practice with. Maybe the Szechuan mei mei that just moved in will teach me Szechuan, which is surprising very similar to Mandarin with a weird slang. :wink:

I love all dialects and admire people who can speak many dialects.
But unfortunately, some people give their dialects a bad name by cursing loudly in those dialects or talking inappropriately loudly in public places.
Some of the most beautiful songs ever written are in dialects especially cantonese and hokkien. There is absolutely nothing low class about dialects at all. The low class ones are those who condemn or ban dialects.

ektay

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB kia tonychat,

legendary:confused:

legendary your ass lah..:oIo:

wow.. self-praise huh... so 'sinkie' huh..:biggrin:

not forgetting that he goes around telling everybody to ban him blar blar blar....say he is not scare....but on the other hand....he goes around giving other people infraction.....

LITTLE TONY BOY....YOUR LITTLE ACTION TO GIVE ME INFRACTION....VERY VERY SINKIE LEH. hahaha.

jw5

Loyal
I would also like to add why I added quotes for "dialects". Because I truly believe they are different enough to be separate languages in its own rights. If Hokkien/Cantonese are called dialects, why not French/German/English being a dialects of Latin?

Yes there are many songs that are very beautiful in "dialects". I started out learning my "mother-tongue" by listening to Hokkien songs while over here. Picked up phrases, words, sentences slowly from it. It also helped I get to have friends from Penang that I could converse and practice with. Not exactly the same as Sinkieland Hokkien but close enough. I've been listening to Hakka, Teochew songs recently as well, only problem is I have no one else to practice with. Maybe the Szechuan mei mei that just moved in will teach me Szechuan, which is surprising very similar to Mandarin with a weird slang. :wink:
It's more important that she can cook delicious szechuan food. :smile:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more important that she can cook delicious szechuan food. :smile:

wahhaahh PRC mei mei is only 20 yo. Probably a virgin still. First time cooking, living outside the country, very naive and innocent. I'll be training her up. whahahahah :biggrin: