• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie ah pek, living with no water or electricity, dies alone in rubbish filled flat

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore hoarder found dead in flat full of rubbish
A 76-year-old Singaporean man who lived alone was found dead in his flat which was piled to the ceiling with rubbish he had collected from bins over the past decade.

8:22AM BST 15 Aug 2012

An emergency services team took nearly two hours on Monday to dismantle the apartment's heavily locked front door and find the remains after neighbours complained of a stench, according to the Straits Times said.

Police confirmed on Wednesday that they found the body of a man in his 70s in a public housing flat and were investigating it as an "unnatural death".

A neighbour told the Straits Times that the man's wife and daughter moved out about 10 years ago and his hoarding habit began around the same time.

He would rummage through dustbins in the area and stash items he found in plastic bags in his apartment.

"When I asked him what was in the bags, he said he had treasures," said the neighbour.

She said the man's flat had neither running water nor electricity and had multiple locks on the front door.

Like other affluent Asian societies with falling birth rates, Singapore has a rapidly ageing population, with a growing number of elderly people living alone. Officials say one in five of Singaporeans will be 65 or older by 2030.

Source: AFP

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie ah pek, living with no water or electricity, dies alone in rubbish filled

Very sad. He died before I could ask whom he voted for :(

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sinkie ah pek, living with no water or electricity, dies alone in rubbish filled

Obvious right?

He is a hoarder of rubbish, the Pappy a hoarder of money!

Both not willing to share them with others in any way!

Same interest in every way! LOL

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

I just can't understand why old froggies like to collect trash and store them in their flat until no more space to walk!

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal

all your questions will be answer by kinana and leongsam.

wait for their reply.
the gist of it would be : it is not the fault of the gov.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did you by any chance ask Clinton and Kinana this question before they died ?

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was he hoarding with the intention of eventually monetizing the trash?

I wonder what's the value of rubber bands, used plastic bags and bits of cardboard.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was he hoarding with the intention of eventually monetizing the trash?

I wonder what's the value of rubber bands, used plastic bags and bits of cardboard.

Yeah. I wonder why he didn't invest in Berkshire Hathaway equity instead.

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hoarding is a psychological issue. I need to learn more about it.