• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinki will soon have our very own Kpop Idol de woh

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toggle navigation

Singaporean Joye Cai, 15, takes up K-pop trainee contract offer after Fifty Fifty audition​

2024020355749501gin2022.jpg

While Joye Cai did not make the cut to join Fifty Fifty, she was offered a trainee contract from Evergreen. ST PHOTO: GIN TAY

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atas Family background de woh....

Joye says: “My mum was with me on the day of the concert, and I turned to her and I said, ‘You’ll see me on stage in five years.’ Watching Taylor Swift perform and seeing the crowd cheer for her just sparked something in me.”

The student will likely relocate to Seoul in June. Her mother, Ms Milona Xia, admits she initially did not want to let Joye accept the offer.

The 37-year-old, who is the patron of a law foundation, says: “But Joye told me this is her dream, and she feels like even if she got her International Baccalaureate diploma and enrolled in an Ivy League university, that doesn’t mean she will necessarily enjoy a better future than if she took the risk of going to South Korea and becoming a trainee.”

Still, Ms Xia wants Joye to continue her education in South Korea, preferably at the prestigious Hanlim Arts School, which many K-pop idols such as Astro’s Cha Eun-woo and Twice’s Tzuyu used to attend.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Atas Family background de woh....

Joye says: “My mum was with me on the day of the concert, and I turned to her and I said, ‘You’ll see me on stage in five years.’ Watching Taylor Swift perform and seeing the crowd cheer for her just sparked something in me.”

The student will likely relocate to Seoul in June. Her mother, Ms Milona Xia, admits she initially did not want to let Joye accept the offer.

The 37-year-old, who is the patron of a law foundation, says: “But Joye told me this is her dream, and she feels like even if she got her International Baccalaureate diploma and enrolled in an Ivy League university, that doesn’t mean she will necessarily enjoy a better future than if she took the risk of going to South Korea and becoming a trainee.”

Still, Ms Xia wants Joye to continue her education in South Korea, preferably at the prestigious Hanlim Arts School, which many K-pop idols such as Astro’s Cha Eun-woo and Twice’s Tzuyu used to attend.

Got any photo of her mom?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe her family is rich enough to sponsor this mm her own Kpop group, ish an international business sia