• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkhole labelled as Pothole - Why is the FAP So Afraid of Telling the Truth?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1st Class = Emeritus Foreign Thrashes (BabaEro11) <NOBR></NOBR>
Mar-5 2:35 pm
To:
ALL <NOBR></NOBR>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Daft "eat waste rice" SUNKaPOORER Poodle called "Sink-hole" -
- a "Pot-hole".
This is a Pot-hole:

This is a Sink-hole:

Of course, This is also a "sink-hole" because it is a hole in the sink:

Deep sinkhole appears in Clementi Road near NUS

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/deep-sinkhole-appears-clementi-road-near-nus
sinkholemain_0.jpg

Stomp | Tuesday, Mar 5, 2013
SINGAPORE - A motorcyclist narrowly avoided falling into a sinkhole, measuring about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep according to netizen Daniel, that appeared on Clementi Road near the National University of Singapore (NUS) yesterday afternoon.
Daniel wrote in to citizen journalism website Stomp, and said that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was eventually conveyed to a hospital on an ambulance.
In his report, Daniel wrote:
"I was sending my daughter to NUS for her exam when I saw the hole near the University Flyover on Clementi Road at 2.15pm yesterday (March 4).
"It was on the other side of the road so I made a u-turn to check it out.
"When I got there, I saw a motorcyclist who stood in front of the hole to warn others about the hole.
"The hole was about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.
"I also saw a friend there at the scene and spoke to the motorcyclist, who told us that his arm was in pain after he managed to avoid the sinkhole by swerving away in time.
"As such, my friend and I called the police to request for assistance.
"When the motorcyclist was conveyed to a hospital in an ambulance, I parked my pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there."
This sinkhole sighting is the second one reported this year after several netizens wrote in to Stomp about a car which fell into a sinkhole along Keppel Road in January.
In response to a query from Stomp, the Police confirmed the appearance of a sinkhole in Clementi Road.
A spokesperson for the Singapore Police Force said:
"Police received a call on March 4 at 1.39pm requesting for assistance along Clementi Road towards West Coast.
"Upon police's arrival, it was established that a pothole was found at the said location.
"No injuries were reported.
"The relevant authorities were notified, and police assistance was no longer required."
01_0.jpg

The sinkhole was approximately 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.
04_0.jpg

Daniel told Stomp that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was sent to a hospital on an ambulance.
Daft, Moronic, Cretins sinkie parked his Pickup in front of the sinkhole to help divert traffic.
10.jpg

Daniel said he parked his pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

View Full Message

<TBODY>
</TBODY>
Daft "eat waste rice" SUNKaPOORER Poodle called "Sink-hole" -
- a "Pot-hole".
This is a Pot-hole:

This is a Sink-hole:

Of course, This is also a "sink-hole" because it is a hole in the sink:

Deep sinkhole appears in Clementi Road near NUS

http://ride.asiaone.com/news/general/story/deep-sinkhole-appears-clementi-road-near-nus
sinkholemain_0.jpg

Stomp | Tuesday, Mar 5, 2013
SINGAPORE - A motorcyclist narrowly avoided falling into a sinkhole, measuring about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep according to netizen Daniel, that appeared on Clementi Road near the National University of Singapore (NUS) yesterday afternoon.
Daniel wrote in to citizen journalism website Stomp, and said that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was eventually conveyed to a hospital on an ambulance.
In his report, Daniel wrote:
"I was sending my daughter to NUS for her exam when I saw the hole near the University Flyover on Clementi Road at 2.15pm yesterday (March 4).
"It was on the other side of the road so I made a u-turn to check it out.
"When I got there, I saw a motorcyclist who stood in front of the hole to warn others about the hole.
"The hole was about 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.
"I also saw a friend there at the scene and spoke to the motorcyclist, who told us that his arm was in pain after he managed to avoid the sinkhole by swerving away in time.
"As such, my friend and I called the police to request for assistance.
"When the motorcyclist was conveyed to a hospital in an ambulance, I parked my pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there."
This sinkhole sighting is the second one reported this year after several netizens wrote in to Stomp about a car which fell into a sinkhole along Keppel Road in January.
In response to a query from Stomp, the Police confirmed the appearance of a sinkhole in Clementi Road.
A spokesperson for the Singapore Police Force said:
"Police received a call on March 4 at 1.39pm requesting for assistance along Clementi Road towards West Coast.
"Upon police's arrival, it was established that a pothole was found at the said location.
"No injuries were reported.
"The relevant authorities were notified, and police assistance was no longer required."
01_0.jpg

The sinkhole was approximately 2 metres wide and 3 metres deep.
04_0.jpg

Daniel told Stomp that he called the police for assistance, and that the motorcyclist was sent to a hospital on an ambulance.
Daft, Moronic, Cretins sinkie parked his Pickup in front of the sinkhole to help divert traffic.
10.jpg

Daniel said he parked his pick-up in front of the hole and helped to divert traffic there.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Holes on roads are usually called potholes whereas sinkholes are ground erosions that may appear elsewhere and usually they are huge and capable of swallowing whole roads and homes.

I would also call it a pothole to distinguish it from a sinkhole.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is probably a very brilliant idea from the PAP govt to further reduce the vehicle population.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So the policeman said pothole instead of sinkhole. Sue the PAP yay! WTF....

Let that hole be whatever it may be.

And, oh yes, let people say whatever they want.

Whoever sues the PAP is a fool and it takes an idiot to suggest that.

Follow the example of Lionel De Souza who made a report at Hougang as a CITIZEN...........

Report the matter as a CITIZEN and let the LTA reply for that is the body incharge of whatever that hole maybe...........

The LTA charges users of roads by millions of dollars everyday...

Make the LTA, the defendant in a Court of Law. Let the Court decide in a fair manner.

No one knows, not even the members of the Judiciary, as to who may be the next person who may fall into such a hole.

Are they waiting for such a thing to happen to their kids, grandkids or loved ones before acting............?

If I was the Head of LTA, I will immediately act, otherwise worse things may be waiting to happen to my loved ones.

Remember KARMA...............

Windsor2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one were to think about it, it may be caused by a job done by MEWR and not LTA, therefore coordination between the 2 organisations is necessary to get it repaired.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is a hole on a road in Little India, we can also call it the the Shit Hole..

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad sink hole and pot hole can't tell the different. Must well in future name it as CB hole better

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, potholes are different from sinkholes. Potholes form as a result of surface erosion, i.e. when the road surface is not maintained and gets worn out with use. Sinkholes, on the other hand, result when supporting structures UNDER the road surface, sometimes at the bedrock level, give way.

From the pictures and the Braddell Brothel reports, this Clementi hole is definitely a sinkhole. This raises the question of whether the proper soil tests had been done before the road was built, and if so whether we have been doing anything to compromise the ground beneath our roads.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, potholes are different from sinkholes. Potholes form as a result of surface erosion, i.e. when the road surface is not maintained and gets worn out with use. Sinkholes, on the other hand, result when supporting structures UNDER the road surface, sometimes at the bedrock level, give way.

From the pictures and the Braddell Brothel reports, this Clementi hole is definitely a sinkhole. This raises the question of whether the proper soil tests had been done before the road was built, and if so whether we have been doing anything to compromise the ground beneath our roads.

Soil tests do not cover every square inch of ground there is. Most so called sinkholes are caused by ruptured or leaking underground pipes (water or sewage).

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

When concrete is repaired here, coring, acoustic sound nor infra red scanning is done. All done by the naked here like the machiam X ray vision can see embed micro crack. It is like in the days of seedy butchers who cut a piece of meat without weighing and say it is 500 grams. With the digging of roads and filling them up, water penetration during works when not dried, improper or negligent compacting will all result in sinkholes. Singapore roads are very expensive roads meant to last very long. But under fly by night Leegime, these roads now have very short life span due to damaging road works to burn the taxpayers' monies all in the name of GDP.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
When concrete is repaired here, coring, acoustic sound nor infra red scanning is done. All done by the naked here like the machiam X ray vision can see embed micro crack. It is like in the days of seedy butchers who cut a piece of meat without weighing and say it is 500 grams. With the digging of roads and filling them up, water penetration during works when not dried, improper or negligent compacting will all result in sinkholes. Singapore roads are very expensive roads meant to last very long. But under fly by night Leegime, these roads now have very short life span due to damaging road works to burn the taxpayers' monies all in the name of GDP.

Nonsense. Service detection is mandatory if you want to carry out any earthworks in SG. This rule is very strictly enforced. I know that from personal experience.

And touching the concrete aka surface will not cause sinkholes...

Last edited: