• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkapore Employer may fire u cos u take leave!

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
091228_ask_1.jpg

A matter of employment

My husband has been working full-time in his current company for one years and five months.

Two weeks ago, he applied for four days leave. One week after he sent in his application, the manager gave him a letter of termination (last day being 12 Dec 2009) stating that the company was not satisfied with my husband's work performance.

He has never received any warning letters before.

My husband has to make deliveries to the town area, sometimes to PSA or even Sentosa. The traffic conditions and wait time in the town area makes it difficult for him to deliver to more than 16 places.

However the company has demanded he go back to the company to make a second trip.

By the time he reaches the company after he has made his first round, it would be about 5:00 pm. He starts work at 7.30 am daily.

If he were to work overtime to deliver to more areas, it would mean that he has to exceed the weight limit.

The company does not pay out overtime too. My husband has explained his situation to the manager but she has refused to listen.

The previous driver who was on this delivery route also made at the most 16 deliveries.

My questions are:
1. Can he lodge a complaint to the Ministry of Manpower?
2. At this point of time, is he entitled to his 13th month bonus?

Based on your description of what happened, here are the answers to your two questions:

1. Can your husband lodge a complaint to the Ministry of Manpower?

According to the Ministry of Manpower's website,

“Employees who feel that they have been unfairly dismissed by their employers may appeal to the Minister for Manpower to be reinstated to their former employment.

“Appeals must be made in writing within one month of dismissal.

“If the employer has given notice and the contractual terms of termination are complied with, the onus would be on the employees to show proof that the dismissal is unfair.

“If it can be established that an employee was unfairly dismissed, the Minister may consider reinstating the employee in his former employment or ordering a sum of money as compensation as the Minister deems fit.”

The website states also that ‘dismissal’ means termination of the contract of service of an employee by his employer, with or without notice and whether on grounds of misconduct or otherwise.

2. Is your husband entitled to his 13th month bonus?

For this question, you may wish to consult directly with MOM or seek legal advice, as they may be in a better position to advise you.

Shin Orochi

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Remember this....

Cheaper, better, faster. Now who said that?

The threat is if sinkies comprain and don't want to do it, employers will glady hire the ftrashs from third world countries. Then you will also have employers like beshitted who takes them without battling an eyelid. Thanks to PAP FT policy.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
If local employer.....can understand...
coz
they pay a penny but expect tons of work returns.

:o :( :o

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
16 place a lots for one day. Average one place 30 min included driving,parking,walking,take lift,waiting ...............
Ask his boss find someone else.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
091228_ask_1.jpg

A matter of employment

My husband has been working full-time in his current company for one years and five months.

Two weeks ago, he applied for four days leave. One week after he sent in his application, the manager gave him a letter of termination (last day being 12 Dec 2009) stating that the company was not satisfied with my husband's work performance.

My husband has to make deliveries to the town area, sometimes to PSA or even Sentosa. The traffic conditions and wait time in the town area makes it difficult for him to deliver to more than 16 places.

However the company has demanded he go back to the company to make a second trip.

By the time he reaches the company after he has made his first round, it would be about 5:00 pm. He starts work at 7.30 am daily.

If he were to work overtime to deliver to more areas, it would mean that he has to exceed the weight limit.

The company does not pay out overtime too. My husband has explained his situation to the manager but she has refused to listen.

The previous driver who was on this delivery route also made at the most 16 deliveries.

My questions are:

Everything happens for a reason, it dont just happen. Remember the old fart practises social darwinism, others will follow. You can made complaints but beklieve me, they have tons of justifications behind. It's a cruel world we are in.:p

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
"company does not pay out overtime too. My husband has explained his situation to the manager but she has refused to listen."

That explains. working for asian female bosses. sheesh..

Last edited:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe a PRC has offered to make 20 trips ?

"The previous driver who was on this delivery route also made at the most 16 deliveries."

If previous driver can deliver 16 deliveries, why can't he? Taking leaves during this busy period especially for certain industries? He should know better.

G

General Veers

"The previous driver who was on this delivery route also made at the most 16 deliveries."

If previous driver can deliver 16 deliveries, why can't he? Taking leaves during this busy period especially for certain industries? He should know better.

This time the Orochi army will kick your ass. :biggrin: Can your useless overpaid minitoots take a big pay cut?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If local employer.....can understand...
coz
they pay a penny but expect tons of work returns.

and complain that LOCAL workers shunned jobs, and MOM allow them to employ Foreign Trash, who can work 16 hours a day, without complain; but compromise safety & standards.

These SINgapore employers are usually those with ties or MEMBERS!...for years they have been complaining that

SINGAPOREAN shun jobs...with no mimimum wage, the workers get exploited & Singapore workers are always being highlighted by their own people as BAD LOUSY WORKERS...so SINgaporeanS figure this out.

SINgapore workers are often told that FT are CHEAPER than them, BETTER to sack, and FASTER the better to get rid of.

G

General Veers

SINgapore workers are often told that FT are CHEAPER than them, BETTER to sack, and FASTER the better to get rid of.

You've summed it up so well in a one liner! Faster, Cheaper, Better! :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You've summed it up so well in a one liner! Faster, Cheaper, Better! :biggrin:

That is what on the mind of most local employers..now in today's Shit Times, they mention that workers jump ship under the SPUR scheme; now that the economy is improving.

Which proves that the scheme is another sham to 'tie' SINgaporeanS with lousy renumerations, job satisfaction or prospect...

They more interested in Faster to sack, cheaper now, under the auspices of "U" ( so cheap that, you will cry), Better if they give us problems ( now proven, they move on), so that they can employ more Foreign TRASH!!

Faster, Cheaper & Better...for whom?:p

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
and complain that LOCAL workers shunned jobs, and MOM allow them to employ Foreign Trash, who can work 16 hours a day, without complain; but compromise safety & standards.

These SINgapore employers are usually those with ties or MEMBERS!...for years they have been complaining that

SINGAPOREAN shun jobs...with no mimimum wage, the workers get exploited & Singapore workers are always being highlighted by their own people as BAD LOUSY WORKERS...so SINgaporeanS figure this out.

Not say all sinkie employers r lidat lah..
but
most of the time i'd seen r damn jiat lat.

The reason why they left working for others bcoz of their previous bosses
treated them badly....and now when they bcum bosses...
they treated their employees the same way....

Lidat a vicious cycle mah.
They wanna loyalty, they wanna hardworking, wanna think out of the box employees..
but
first...must reflect how they treat employees.

No employees will gib 101% commitment if bosses treated them rike sai.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lau eh. This stomp answers also like no answer! Everything refer to MOM or cut and paste from Employment Act. knn!

Naturefarm2

Alfrescian
Loyal
091228_ask_1.jpg

A matter of employment

My questions are:

Based on your description of what happened, here are the answers to your two questions:

1. Can your husband lodge a complaint to the Ministry of Manpower?

According to the Ministry of Manpower's website,

“Employees who feel that they have been unfairly dismissed by their employers may appeal to the Minister for Manpower to be reinstated to their former employment.

“Appeals must be made in writing within one month of dismissal.

“If the employer has given notice and the contractual terms of termination are complied with, the onus would be on the employees to show proof that the dismissal is unfair.

“If it can be established that an employee was unfairly dismissed, the Minister may consider reinstating the employee in his former employment or ordering a sum of money as compensation as the Minister deems fit.”

The website states also that ‘dismissal’ means termination of the contract of service of an employee by his employer, with or without notice and whether on grounds of misconduct or otherwise.

2. Is your husband entitled to his 13th month bonus?

For this question, you may wish to consult directly with MOM or seek legal advice, as they may be in a better position to advise you.

i think as employer, usually if we compensate according to the contract, there is nothing much you can do with MOM.
if its stated that 1 month salary is given and you will need to leave.

Even you fight and keep the job, do you think you still have the face to stay in the company?

13th month is not a must unless its stated in the employment contract.

Screwball

Alfrescian
Loyal
My questions are:

1. Your hubby can complaining to MOM.... but whether got case or no case depends on your family background and the company's connection.

No case if both sides non MIWs supporters.
No case if your family are not PAPpies.
No case if company directors are connected to MIWs.
No case if company has given "donation" to MIWs fundraising activities.
Your hubby got chance if company has links to the opposition.
Your hubby got very good chance if company is owned by CSJ :biggrin:

2. 13th month bonus - there is no such thing.......
it is either classifying as - a) 13th month AWS or b) Year End Bonus.
if it is a) then the company must paying your hubby (pro-rata in this case).
if it is b) then the company can refusing to paying your hubby.

The answers here are not by me....... I just collated them from the resident "experts" here in IMH. :p

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how a developed cuntry like Sinkapore got such barbaric employers. No different from typical Ah Tiong familee run biz!

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny how a developed cuntry like Sinkapore got such barbaric employers. No different from typical Ah Tiong familee run biz!

I hope you will not be like them if you become boss one day but it is understandable. The same when you ask this question to civil servants? "How many civil servants will vote for the opposition?" :rolleyes::biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope you will not be like them if you become boss one day but it is understandable. The same when you ask this question to civil servants? "How many civil servants will vote for the opposition?" :rolleyes::biggrin:

If i am boss, of cos i wanna have low cost and cheap labor. But not at the expense of BULLYING employees. Ah Tiongs may be cheap, but they can also be reckless. If during delivery, they use INITIAL D driving skills and knock down people on roads, i lagi more headache. Sinkies may not necessarily be safest drivers, but at least they got more responsibility (depend at times too la)

angie

Alfrescian
Loyal
"How many civil servants will vote for the opposition?"
Whenever i think of this i can only shake my head in dismay. The reasons we all already know. SELFISH.