• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel Won EPL bid, why am I the least surprised?

ChinChaiOne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why the news were out that Singtel bidding for EPL rights, I know that they are being 'itchy hand' here and since they are government 'BACKED' company, I was already expecting them to win this bidding.

What really happened between the scene, we'll never know.

But many of us consumers have contracts with starhub because of the EPL and now singtel comes in and spoil the show for us?

Does it make sense for us to have 2 box at home?

All these seem part of a conspiracy to make more money from it

- people stucked in deals with starhub but no SOCCER TO WATCH

- they need to get another box eventhugh soccer was the reason why they signed up with starhub

Since starhub and singtel both belong to TEMASEK, let me tell you that you consumers and singapreans have been SCREWED big time by your country.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
BIG BREAKING NEWS: GARMENT Helps FTs To FUCK Real Singaporean Workers <hr style="color: rgb(152, 152, 152); background-color: rgb(152, 152, 152);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> If this scheme is real, we now know why property prices are SO HIGH.

1 year (12 months) to find a job? Ka ne now bu chou chee bye to the MIWs.

Anyone here know if this schme is real?

<table id="msgUN" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="3" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td id="msgUNsubj" valign="top">Another scheme to help FTs get SG jobs</td><td id="msgunetc" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">
icon.aspx
Subscribe </td></tr></tbody></table><table class="msgtable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="96%"><tbody><tr><td class="msg" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="msghead"><td class="msgbfr1" width="1%">
</td><td> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="msghead"> <td class="msgF" align="right" width="1%" nowrap="nowrap">From: </td><td class="msgFname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">lauta76 <nobr></nobr> </td><td class="msgDate" align="right" width="30%" nowrap="nowrap">Sep-29 7:08 am </td></tr> <tr class="msghead"><td class="msgT" align="right" width="1%" height="20" nowrap="nowrap">To: </td><td class="msgTname" width="68%" nowrap="nowrap">ALL <nobr></nobr></td> <td class="msgNum" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> (1 of 20) </td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">21882.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">Just discovered this - another way to skirt around the Singaporean/PR requirement for certain job postings. With the in-principle approval from ICA, FTs can apply for jobs that purportedly are meant for Singaporean/PRs only.
Oh, and I heard FTs pay $1,500 for this service. So I guess ICA also takes a cut from this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Landed Permanent Residence (LPR) Scheme

If you have acceptable professional or tertiary qualifications and are interested in relocating to Singapore but are not yet working in Singapore, you can apply for LPR under this scheme. Successful applicants have ONE (1) year to find a job or relocate their families to Singapore, upon which permanent residence will be granted.

How should I apply?
You may approach any of the following centres for an application form.

SMC offices:
SMC Management Consultants
Pte Ltd
51 Cuppage Road
#04-06 Starhub Centre
Singapore 229469
Tel: 65 - 6722 1766
Fax: 65 - 6737 6341
Email: [email protected]
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>
<!-- / message --> <!-- sig --> __________________
"You can fool some of the people some of the time....BUT, you cannot fool ALL the people ALL of the time..."
image.php

<!-- / sig -->
<!-- controls --> <!-- / controls -->​
<!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- post 318266 popup menu --> <table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead">ahleebabasingaporethief</td> </tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">View Public Profile</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Send a private message to ahleebabasingaporethief</td></tr> <tr><td class="vbmenu_option">Find all posts by ahleebabasingaporethief</td></tr> </tbody></table>
<!-- / post 318266 popup menu --> <!-- / close content container --> <!-- / post #318266 --><!-- post #318293 --> <!-- open content container -->
<table class="tborder" id="post318293" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="1" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="thead"> #2
<!-- status icon and date -->
post_old.gif
Today, 02:31 AM <!-- / status icon and date -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding: 0px;"> <!-- user info --> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td nowrap="nowrap"> newyorker88
user_offline.gif
<script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_318293", true); </script>
Alfrescian (S)
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"> Join Date: Sep 2008
<fieldset class="fieldset"> <legend>My Reputation:</legend> Points: 149 / Power: 19
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
</fieldset>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- / user info --> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_318293"> <!-- message, attachments, sig --> <!-- icon and title -->
icon1.gif
Re: BIG BREAKING NEWS: GARMENT Helps FTs To FUCK Real Singaporean Workers
<hr style="color: rgb(152, 152, 152); background-color: rgb(152, 152, 152);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by ahleebabasingaporethief
If this scheme is real, we now know why property prices are SO HIGH.

1 year (12 months) to find a job? Ka ne now bu chou chee bye to the MIWs.

Anyone here know if this schme is real?

tbody>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Yes, it is true, read this link.

http://www.guidemesingapore.com/perm...lpr-scheme.htm
<!-- / message --> <!-- controls -->

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
watch online la!

Why the news were out that Singtel bidding for EPL rights, I know that they are being 'itchy hand' here and since they are government 'BACKED' company, I was already expecting them to win this bidding.

What really happened between the scene, we'll never know.

But many of us consumers have contracts with starhub because of the EPL and now singtel comes in and spoil the show for us?

All these seem part of a conspiracy to make more money from it

- people stucked in deals with starhub but no SOCCER TO WATCH

- they need to get another box eventhugh soccer was the reason why they signed up with starhub

Since starhub and singtel both belong to TEMASEK, let me tell you that you consumers and singapreans have been SCREWED big time by your country.

Alfrescian
Loyal
After wwatching starhub world cup in June, I will cancel the sports channels and subscribe to Singtel. They will still bill you $ 25 per month.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm contemplating donating my TV to Salvation Army (or whoever wants it) and canceling the TV licence.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm contemplating donating my TV to Salvation Army (or whoever wants it) and canceling the TV licence.

That should be fun :smile:

Even if you cancel your TV licence doubt they'll give you a refund. I think they'll even give you a hard time if you try to cancel any future TV licence :rolleyes:

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE]
Consumers are to blame. Why subscribe? I have given up the subscription since they increase the price. Need to watch soccer? Just pay 80 cents for a cup of kopi and you can watch it for free at the kopitiam.

EPL don't allow even the news to show the goals!!! And all the money goes to pay 17 and 18 year-old spoilt brats.