• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel Mobile broadband is cheating cinsumer!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now my Singtel broadband is crawling like snail. Even Yahoo hompegae take more than 5 min to load. What a world record!
Every night same problem happen!
Can I sue the Singtel for cheating consumer?
Or bring it to the CASE for cheating or misleading consumer.
My friend Starhub and MI also have the same problem. So what we can do because all 3 Telco service is worst than 3rd world country ISP.:mad:

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now my Singtel broadband is crawling like snail. Even Yahoo hompegae take more than 5 min to load. What a world record!
My friend Starhub and MI also have the same problem. So what we can do because all 3 Telco service is worst than 3rd world country ISP.:mad:

No lawyers will dare to take your case
:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is what I get from Singtel reply. KNN

>>First, we must apologise for the delay of our reply as the investigations took longer than expected.

The investigation report given as the Broadband on Mobile service is leveraging on the High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) technology, whereby all subscribers of this service will be sharing a designated bandwidth within an area. If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Therefore, access speed for the service may not be desirable or compatible to subscriber''s plan during peak hours.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

For further enquiries or feedback, please call our hotline at 1688 or +6562351688 from overseas (IDD charges payable.)

Thank you for your support and have a pleasant day.

Yours sincerely
Radha (Ms)
Customer Care - Mobile General Enquiries<<

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It that them 3 week to reply and not yet solve the problem.
Or show this letter to Shifty times. Will they entertain me for print it in their Shitty Times.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
this means its your problem for having that plan, where most people in your area is having as well.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will call them tommorrow update here.
Last time I call Singtel they divert me at least 3 times. KNN and waste me at least 30 min.
more than 15 min to take up my call. And still divert here and there.
To make the matter worst the other end of the line is ah neh( I think singtel divert it to India).

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal

When they say they offer high speed, the never say how often wor. Then they tell u, u wan faster speed? Upgrade your plan!

First World my ass! :oIo:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It that them 3 week to reply and not yet solve the problem.
Or show this letter to Shifty times. Will they entertain me for print it in their Shitty Times.
They replied you already mah, they said "this service will be sharing a designated bandwidth within an area", so you want faster, upgrade lor, LOL.

Nabez... those SingTel fuckers :oIo::oIo:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They replied you already mah, they said "this service will be sharing a designated bandwidth within an area", so you want faster, upgrade lor, LOL.

Nabez... those SingTel fuckers :oIo::oIo:
My SingTel broadband working alright. Think it's an area problem. Those who support Holland kena rubberected to Holland, causing the delay. Those who support England or USA no problem, since Royal Navy and US Navy have state-of-the-art high-speed stations all over the world. :oIo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My SingTel broadband working alright. Think it's an area problem. Those who support Holland kena rubberected to Holland, causing the delay. Those who support England or USA no problem, since Royal Navy and US Navy have state-of-the-art high-speed stations all over the world. :oIo: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Sorry hor, me no more SingTel liao, LOL

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"If there are more concurrent subscribers using the service in the same area, the access speed will be impacted. Therefore, access speed for the service may not be desirable or compatible to subscriber''s plan during peak hours."

next time ask them how many subscribers using that service in the same area before signing up for the plan .
whenever i heard the word "subject to availability" i know its cheating .

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
First it was frequent disconnection and now after changing the modem the speed is like snail. They have visited my home 8 times already and i have another appointment coming.

ccchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thing to note is that most of the websites that we use are located in the USA.
However, Singapore has only a 1Mbps big pipe to USA which is controlled by Singtel, and shared by all the other telcos and the whole country's public internet users.

Even when our population has doubled to 6million within the last 10 yrs, things have not changed, and we are all still sharing this same 1Mbps bandwidth to USA. It's therefore not surprising that we are noticing a massive slow down in internet speed response, no matter what broadband download speed we subscribe to locally.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
looking at Singtel's reply remind me of the MRT situation...basically all share the same train, if many people choose to take the train at the same time...there will be congestion...sorry, thats the way it is, c'est la vie.

in other words, Singtel, Suckhub and M1 is telling you - too BAD, so?

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
me 2 using singtel.
random lag sumtimes. worst, drop connection on/off when im playing online games.

first, dey said it could be cable connection prob so i request their tech guy
to come and fix it. after few wks, prob comes again.

i called again, dey said my modem is old liao when i told them my modem model no. ok, dey come and change to new modem for free.

nw it seems better liao but only can hope it last.

issit becuz i paying too little?:rolleyes:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
me 2 using singtel.
random lag sumtimes. worst, drop connection on/off when im playing online games.

first, dey said it could be cable connection prob so i request their tech guy
to come and fix it. after few wks, prob comes again.

i called again, dey said my modem is old liao when i told them my modem model no. ok, dey come and change to new modem for free.

nw it seems better liao but only can hope it last.

issit becuz i paying too little?:rolleyes:

Why u neber upgrade a more expensive plan? hehe.... :biggrin: