• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SingTel iPhone Price Plans is out - anyone getting the iphone?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
stupid sinagporeans are plently..

already lots of them have reserved the phone by paying $50 deposit ( without knowing the actual price until today )..

screw singtel.. they wanna make record profits this year is it?/ :mad:

Well, A sinkie pointing fault at another sinkie is rare indeed.

Last edited:

jerry

Alfrescian
Loyal
SingTel ketuk all they can now while iPhone is still hot.

When the dust has settled, prices will drop.

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard from the news M1 & starhub will b launching their price plan later.....1 of my collegues mayb getting it after comparing prices from the 3 telcos.....

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wat matter most 2 me in a music phone is music quality... As usual, typical of Ipod, avoid tat sensitive area at all cost. :biggrin::smile:

No mms, no video recording, no msg edit and forwarding, BT oni support earpcs, no itune acc no syn, no gps and i guess no radio as well... 2MP camera (bad PQ and no flash). For $800+ w/o contract... worth it onot... u decide. :biggrin::biggrin:

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro ms u correct...not worth it... :wink:
mp3s and their pc/laptop is good and acceptable but a no no no for this iphone...:p
$800plus and top up abit more $$$ can get me OMNIA!!!!!! { iphone beater?? } :biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
bro ms u correct...not worth it... :wink:
mp3s and their pc/laptop is good and acceptable but a no no no for this iphone...:p
$800plus and top up abit more $$$ can get me OMNIA!!!!!! { iphone beater?? } :biggrin:

Actually... Iphone is a mp3 player with build in phone function.

So ppl tend to compared SQ with MP3 player... Problem leow... There r much better brand like Iaudio, Iriver, Sony, Samsung, Creative and even some china brand...

Problem again if u compare it with HP... U find lotsa function missing... So it end up niether here nor there... But to be fair, the user interface is good and to most Ipod fans, it look kinda cool. :biggrin::biggrin:

Verdict... if u find it cool and trendy and feel good to own 1... Then buy it! More to lifestyle then performance....:wink:

Lastly aft spending so much on the phone... If possible get a pair of dis 2 go along...:p

41W2aK-v8OL.jpg

Last edited:

ศกลรัตน์ วรอุไร

I'll be getting the iPhone... But definitely not for my own usage... I'm pretty happy and satisfied with my trusty N95 8GB... I'll be selling off the iPhone once I've got it (which will be tomorrow morning @ the hello! Comcentre)...

My mobile plan is registered under my company's name, hence my bills are settled by my company every month... And my mobile plan is Premium 700, which makes the deal pretty attractive to get an iPhone...

Ok, I still have an outstanding contracted period of about 1 1/2 years to go... But I can still 'recontract' for another 30 months and I will pay $200 + $49 (16GB model)... So I will get the iPhone 16GB at $249... And after that, I can sell it off for (don't know how much yet)... And anyway, my company gonna still pay for the bills for another 1 1/2 years + 30 months = 4 years... So definitely a win-win situation for me :smile:

Himawari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel is trying to pull a fast one on those cannot wait. Wait for another 3 months, SH and M1 will also have.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singtel is trying to pull a fast one on those cannot wait. Wait for another 3 months, SH and M1 will also have.

Dude. In Australia, all 4 operators, including Virgin Mobile, all offer the iPhone for free. The difference is in the different plans for the phone, and so far Telstra has had the most expensive ones.

Optus' is the most popular because its plans is most value for money. The only catch about Optus' services is that the network has been unreliable in the Eastern states. Users of Optus 3G network has been cut off a few times due to technical glitches and users ain't happy and have been complaining.

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can go USA or Aus to buy. My girl got her iphone from USA. Thailand's iphone seems to be of those 2nd hand, many problems after getting the phone.

I'd probably get one before Xmas anyway. Possibly Optus, Virgin or Vodafone...but I prefer nothing upfront, and then having a $70 contract every month.

The only reason I'm postponing is because there's more paperwork that one needs to get a phone from any network here in Aus. So its not as easy as in Singapore. But S'pore gets more expensive plans somehow anyway, so in a way, marginal benefit of getting a phone is higher in Australia than in Singapore.

The marginal cost of getting an iPhone in Singapore is just too high. RIM Singapore must be the happiest company now since the price of their nearest competitor is so much higher. A blackberry that cost $300 to $400 and cost say $90 per month in average is inevitably gonna get more people to sign up than the iPhone.

NasiAyam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Overhyped handphone.

Cannot MMS
Cannot forward text message
Cannot bluetooth files/data to other hp. (Bluetooth only can connect headset)
Camera only 2 MP

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually... Iphone is a mp3 player with build in phone function.

Strength of the Iphone is the thought that goes into making it a user friendly phone.

If you've ever owned Apple products you'll understand why Apple customers are satisfied customers.

Have a business friend who used to own smartphones from Sony & Nokia & he's now using a jailbreak Iphone ver 1.0. He'd never heard of Apple before & he's amazed by the thought that went into the user interface.

I will get one when the price is right because I want a user friendly phone. I now own a Nokia & Sony phone & don't use all the features like music, camera, etc.