• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singer-songwriter David Tao apologizes for extramarital affair

Pulse

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singer David Tao apologizes for extramarital affair

2015/07/07 18:47:19

201507070029t0002.jpg

Singer David Tao at Tuesday's press conference

Taipei, July 7 (CNA) Singer-songwriter David Tao (陶喆) on Tuesday apologized to his family and fans for his extramarital affair with Chinese entertainment agent Yang Ziqing (楊子晴), over a week after Yang revealed the affair to a celebrity news app and microblogging site.

"Even though the incident is not that simple, one thing is for sure, and that is, I was unfaithful after marriage," Tao, who married his Taiwanese wife Penny Chiang (江姵蓉) last year, said in a press conference.

"I am very ashamed of it. I have made a mistake," the 45-year-old said.

"I would like to offer my deepest apologies to my wife Penny, my in-laws, my mother and my family, friends and fans who have supported me all along the way," said Tao, who choked back tears as he thanked his wife and other family members for their forgiveness.

The Golden Melody Award-winning singer said he met Yang, 23, in 2010 and dated her before his marriage, but stressed that the two only had one romantic encounter after he got married, on June 19 in Chengdu, China.

Tao's remarks came after Yang disclosed their affair to the Chinese celebrity news app and microblogging site Quan Min Xing Tan (全民星探) in June. The news came out on June 29, stirring up a media frenzy in Taiwan and China.

Tao's management company said the singer is planning to sue Yang and the news app and site for some false content in the reports.

Since disclosing their affair, Yang has called Tao a "scumbag" and said she has more to disclose about their affair, according to Chinese media reports.

(By Sabine Cheng and Christie Chen)

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why does he need to apologise to us?

We are not even related. I dun think we are hurt in any way due to his penile enjoyment.

He should only apologise to his own wife.