• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore's best goalkeeper

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, Eric was a career SAF officer. He was a captain when I met him at Beach Road camp. I think they did eventually give him his crab.

I recall Eric Paine was sign on SAF career man. I think he retired as Major? I ran into him a few times in the army.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
When Fandi had $$$$ problems, he approached MBT for help. Latter promised to help. But when Fandi went back to MBT, latter MIA. Fandi seepay tulan, until today. Shortly thereafter, he packed up and headed down south. When it comes to going the extra mile, our friends up north have more sympathisers.

Malaysians have more loyalty to their football heroes then the fucking PAP. They never install ex Generals in the SCC and other sports authorities. Their officials are really sports people and they appreciate what their heroes did for them. I heard something about that too. Fandi is in Indonesia now? he is a bad businessman though. His sports store did not do well.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, Eric was a career SAF officer. He was a captain when I met him at Beach Road camp. I think they did eventually give him his crab.

He was Capt when I left the army, but he stayed on. Usually, they will give you a crab before you retire or ROD. Like promo u one rank higher.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The hard truth is that the best goalkeeper we ever had was Ah Kong. If not for him, S'pore would have been thrashed by our neighbors. And we wont be celebrating SG50.

But later on in his career, he kelong and let in many own goals to become very rich mah.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Malaysians have more loyalty to their football heroes then the fucking PAP. They never install ex Generals in the SCC and other sports authorities. Their officials are really sports people and they appreciate what their heroes did for them. I heard something about that too. Fandi is in Indonesia now? he is a bad businessman though. His sports store did not do well.

Fandi's back in S'pore. From Indonesia, he went to Malaysia. JB I recall.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Yes, Mohktar died of muscular dystrophy and was helped financially by the FAM. He was truly a legend, and at his peak was unanimously regarded as the best striker in Asia. A few German clubs were interested but he never wanted to play outside M'sia.

In Singapore, you die your own biz. Never heard of FAS helping any old time greats. Just look at how Tan Howe Liang, our first Olympian medallist, was treated: SSC just paid him a lowly wage as a gym supervisor at the National Stadium. I remember seeing him while training for my NS enlistment and wondering who this ah chek was. Looked more like the janitor than a Rome '60 silver medallist.

In other countries, Olympic medal winners are treated like gods. Always invited to give talks and events, companies want to have them endorse their products. etc. Only in singapore, the PAP don't like competition. Their officially approved heroes are the ones like pink shirt wearer who commanded the sentosa cable car rescue. hahahhaha

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sandro Radun

desno2.jpg

canonfairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
the best goalkeeper is that columbian crazy fucker always like to play striker, run all the way to the other goal post to try and score