• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeanse enjoy abuse and suffering.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporeanese who make up the populace, have always been the students while the leadership is the teacher.

They have at times been reprimanded for their indulgence as well as their deviating ideas and views, in more marked elaborate terms in recent years.

Such include:

"underbellies"
"quitters"
"get out of my elite uncaring face"
"lesser mortals"

Because the Singaporeanese are wrong. Being taken care of so well in the last few decades they have become more affluent but arrogant, and in times of trouble they start to bite the hands that fed them.

As opposed to what a certain forummer here claims, the Singaporeanese are not being "talked down" upon by the leadership, but rather they are simply told to wake up, come back to the shore from the sea of mistakes they have ventured into, and show some gratitude and appreciation to their caretakers of this land.

To be scolded, is to be encouraged to correct one's mistakes and better oneself. It has always been noted that the best medicine is usually the one that tastes bitter, not sweet.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to add to my opening discussion, it is very disheartening that, despite being scolded a few times, the Singaporeanese in general still couldn't really pick themselves up, take real charge of their lives, and contribute something really significant to their country.

How many more times do they have to suffer from their own foolish mistakes and the scoldings that come along with their physical, mental and emotional punishments in order to change?

Last edited:

woohoohoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're mistaken, this is not a discussion... meaningless and may i add grammatically wrong rambling by one solo party cannot be considered a discussion.

DearestGodlikeWarlord

Alfrescian
Loyal
DGW, which land do you hail from? Never heard of S'poreanese :biggrin:

I was born in the United Kingdom, then moved to America. My uncle likes your equatorial Singapore for some reason, so he settled here with his family in what he calls "grand way to celebrate the millennium". He isn't the biggest fan of England as you can tell as well.

And because we are close (don't really care too much about my other relatives), I visit him a few times a year, still wondering about his fascination for this island city.

I think I half get it by now :p:wink:

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, DWG, I don't know if you've been here long.

S'poreans have been "woken up" by our so-called great leaders for the longest time since the 60s. Told to tighten belts, bite the bullet, etc. etc.

In the 60s, we all did, for the sake of building a nation.

The current situation is, we are still doing the same, but we are not too sure the leadership's goals are as noble as those days (personally, I'm damned sure their self-interests are their main concern). We are not getting the " let's band together as fight the challenges" notion, which Obama mentioned in his speech, and hopefully does.

A generation of us, myself included, are feeling this current leadership is spoilt by greed and excesses, from the fruits of labour of the working and middle classes. They are too much in their elite social classes and ivory towers to even understand the woes of the ordinary folks who voted them into power election after election in the hope of a better future.

To me, the biggest grouse is the increasing number of homeless and poor aged, who in the prime of their lives, slaved to make the country what is is today. Who's reaping from the seeds they sow. At the moment, forgive me if I seem myopic, it's the leaders and those in their service, not them.

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
And to add to my opening discussion, it is very disheartening that, despite being scolded a few times, the Singaporeanese in general still couldn't really pick themselves up, take real charge of their lives, and contribute something really significant to their country.

How many more times do they have to suffer from their own foolish mistakes and the scoldings that come along with their physical, mental and emotional punishments in order to change?

Please lead by example.

What have you done first? :biggrin: