• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Singaporeans Are So Pitiful

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case you should raise a complaint - with the full details - to the Minister in charged for them to check thoroughly whether there is any malpractice of lying no class c bed available when there is. Of course it could also be just a mistake made by the nurse

My relative has 4th stage lung cancer. He is 70yrs old, unemployed and stays in a 3-rm HDB flat. Recently I accompanied him for an oncologic imaging at SGH. The scan ended at abt 4.30pm. The radiographer informed him that the oncologist wanted to see him immediately.

He saw the oncologist at abt 5pm. The doctor told him that he had water in his lungs and advised that he be warded to have the fluid drained. My relative agreed.

The clinic nurse then came to interview him as follows:

Nurse: Uncle, what class ward do you like?
Patient: Class C
Nurse: How wld you like to pay for the bills
Patient: Medisave
Nurse: Ok. Thanks. I will go check for ward availability
Patient: Thank you

abt 30mins later....

Nurse: Sorry, uncle, no class C bed available. Can i put you in class B2. After subsidy it is only $75 per day
Patient: How much is a class C bed?
Nurse: $35 per day
Patient: Can I wait for Class C bed?
Nurse: Yes, but you may have to wait whole night, and if no bed, we will have to let you sleep along the corridor
Patient: I will wait for Class C bed
Nurse: Ok

Abt 15 mins later,

Nurse: good news, uncle, managed to get a class C bed for you. We can bring you to the ward. It is Block 6, Ward 3.
Patient: Thank you for your help

I accompanied my relative to the ward after registration.

Ward 3 had several empty beds. The ward nurse was very courteous and we exchanged greetings and a brief conversation as follows...

Me: Thank you, nurse. The ward has several empty beds.
Nurse: Yes, some empty beds
Me: But the clinic nurse told my relative that no Class C bed is available..
Nurse looked awkward and hurried away

Singaporeans are so pitiful to have a PM, Health Minister and Hospital who think nothing wrong abt telling lies just to get an extra $40 per day from a 70yr old, unemployed, terminally sick Singaporean who lives in a 3room HDB flat without any source of income.

What kind of govt exploit the poor, the terminally sick and the vulnerable? And this govt dares to preach graciousness and care to Singaporeans! What audacity!

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is the heart of the issue!!! So true!

Cheers!

Yes unfortunately this is real and very true. Lots of times Ministers r shocked at how their policies r implemented on the ground. Too many civil servants think they r mini kings and queens and apply the rules they see fit!

harimau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not charm depending on how you look at it. Instead of wasting his money in hospitals, he should do something he dream of doing as if it was the last thing he wants to do. Maybe see the world.

Then die gracefully. Some hospitals are con jobs. They just want to take your money as you die there.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
has ur relative tried drinking ginger water?i feel its a conspiracy from PAP to keep this hidden from the public but ginger water can be more effective than chemotherapy at fighting various types of cancer.

ginger is particularly potent at fighting prostate cancer,i suspect if lhl ate lots of ginger and drank lots of tea instead of implementing more of his cost raising blood sucking monetary policies,his prostate would be intact right now.

i bet lhl's intestinal and digestive tract is coated with cancer cells right now from eating all that unhealthy mee siam mai hum and red chillies and onions.

Ginger Kills 76% of Lung Cancer Cells in Vivo: For the first time ever, researchers have discovered that not only is ginger extract extremely toxic to lung cancer cells, but it’s metabolites (break-down products) are even more toxic! They observed that 6-Gingerol, a major anti-cancer compound of ginger, was metabolized into 6-gingerdiol inside the cancer cells, and that this metabolite killed up to 76% of the lung cancer cells. Ginger extracts have already shown potent activity against prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, breast cancer, colon cancer and leukemia in previous lab studies, and this latest research has shed new light on exactly how ginger kills these cancer cells. And this super-herb’s health benefits extend beyond cancer. A recent clinical trial showed ginger improved insulin sensitivity and lowered insulin levels in adults with diabetes. And another study on middle aged women showed ginger to significantly improve memory and cognitive performance! Ginger tastes great in stir fries, curries, chutney, salad, with fish, baked in cookies or cake. Or simply steep freshly chopped ginger in boiled water for a few minutes for a delicious tea (great sweetened with honey or stevia), and be sure to eat the slices too (which are rather spicy) for maximum benefit.

Last edited:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It angers me to know about your relative's situation and the fact that he was almost made to pay more than he wanted too. And we are talking about the SGH here and not some used car dealer at Ubi. This is morally wrong! Glad he got the Class he wanted eventually. As you mentioned, he is simply glad to not have to pay more and blissfully ignorant of the larger scheme of things - an uncaring, greedy and morally bankrupt govt which most sinkies still support. The PAP is not doing us in. It's our own countrymen.

my relative chose ward c because he cant afford to go to B2. he was thankful that he can now pay $35 a day for the hospital stay and not have to worry abt coughing out $40 more per day. He is a simpleton and he believes that the govt will not cheat him. he is grateful that he got warded in Class C

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
In this case you should raise a complaint - with the full details - to the Minister in charged for them to check thoroughly whether there is any malpractice of lying no class c bed available when there is. Of course it could also be just a mistake made by the nurse

you think MOH and GKY dont know that this practice is done at SGH?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes unfortunately this is real and very true. Lots of times Ministers r shocked at how their policies r implemented on the ground. Too many civil servants think they r mini kings and queens and apply the rules they see fit!

I think often the Ministers and the pap dont want to know the truth, as long as the civil service is bringing in the money. Otherwise, how could such practices continue despite the outcries?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I dont blame the clinic nurse for telling my relative that there was no class C ward available when there were a few empty beds in ward 3 because she was perhaps just relaying what she received from the admission section. What I do blame is the govt and health care system which resort to telling lies, half truths and who lack compassion for the sick. It is a systemic problem brought abt by the pap's greed. This greed, instead of compassion, permeates throughout the SG system

Are you sure it was a nurse that did the initial encounter with you and your relative? I say this because assigning and locating beds is an admin job. usually a unit clerk or some other position will be in charge of finding for spots patients, nurses are not usually so thoroughly knowledgeable about the various types of wards and their specific costs and what is the subsidy, etc. They are usually at the wards doing bedside nursing. Perhaps it was a bed assignment clerk dressed in a uniform that you mistook for a nurse? These clerks are basically instructed to max profits and are not to be mistaken for nurses whose priorities are patient care.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It angers me to know about your relative's situation and the fact that he was almost made to pay more than he wanted too. And we are talking about the SGH here and not some used car dealer at Ubi. This is morally wrong! Glad he got the Class he wanted eventually. As you mentioned, he is simply glad to not have to pay more and blissfully ignorant of the larger scheme of things - an uncaring, greedy and morally bankrupt govt which most sinkies still support. The PAP is not doing us in. It's our own countrymen.

the pap and their cronies are the root causes of Singapore's problems. the 69% are simpletons who read the Straits Times. the true evils are the pap who are pulling the strings of the 69%.

like my relative, the 69% are probably grateful that the pap gives gst vouchers and subsidises their medishield premiums for the next 5 years.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For a long long time, many oppositions politicians have tried to raise the profile on this. But the masses do not bother about these "liberal ideals." The main backbone behind this mindset is set by the daily newspaper, daily drumming the norms of Singapore's society into the minds of the readers. It is the newsletter of the PAP, and not a newspaper. There has NEVER ONCE been an editorial article that wasn't supportive of the PAP's intentions or plans. Unless the public dare to vote in someone like CSJ, nothing is going to change.

Cheers!

Well said.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure it was a nurse that did the initial encounter with you and your relative? I say this because assigning and locating beds is an admin job. usually a unit clerk or some other position will be in charge of finding for spots patients, nurses are not usually so thoroughly knowledgeable about the various types of wards and their specific costs and what is the subsidy, etc. They are usually at the wards doing bedside nursing. Perhaps it was a bed assignment clerk dressed in a uniform that you mistook for a nurse? These clerks are basically instructed to max profits and are not to be mistaken for nurses whose priorities are patient care.

i was there when the clinic nurse spoke with my relative.

read my original post

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat a load of crock article..a 70 with 4 stage cancer and want to get him free treatment at tax payers expense? Its shit like tat which is fucking up ang mor lands...the best is to give him the Soylent Green option so he can die with dignity...i pity the tax payers if left wing liberal fuckwits takes over the country...

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat a load of crock article..a 70 with 4 stage cancer and want to get him free treatment at tax payers expense? Its shit like tat which is fucking up ang mor lands...the best is to give him the Soylent Green option so he can die with dignity...i pity the tax payers if left wing liberal fuckwits takes over the country...

"I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:...

I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.

I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.

I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.

I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.

I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know. Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.

I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.

I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.

If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help"

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
you think MOH and GKY dont know that this practice is done at SGH?

Why you think they know? Is it a rampant malpractice with 5 recent cases reported in newspapers? If you or nobody else raise a complaint or feedback, how they know?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you think they know? Is it a rampant malpractice with 5 recent cases reported in newspapers? If you or nobody else raise a complaint or feedback, how they know?

As it is a hospital practice and the staff know it. is it reasonable for me to say there is no reason for MOH or GKY not to know?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As it is a hospital practice and the staff know it. is it reasonable for me to say there is no reason for MOH or GKY not to know?

If it is a malpractice like what it's sounding to be, of course the hospital staff will not highlight to the Minister. That's where public participation and feedback is required. Write to ST forum, but they may not publish it so best is to write to social media about such malpractice.