• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans Are Being Sold Out

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I came across this story and it appears our government are giving away free education, jobs and PR status to any Ton, Dick and Harry.

"though i am very against the influx of FTs, i still treat them like a fellow being and have never look at them with a different perspective.

i was having lunch with a PRC colleague. shes a 24yr old gal who just graduated from NTU and now working in a MNC while waiting for PR approval.

just started a casual topic like, wad do u like about this country and how are u coping

so we get the standard reply. wad stuns me, was the answer to my next question.

me: " so wad makes u decide to come here"

PRC: " i didnt"

me: " wa, ur parents force u here or ur bf is here"

PRC: "neither, ur SG gahment invited us here"

me: " huh, wad do u mean"

PRC: " ur MOE went to our school in our village and told us they URGENTLY need students here, infact they were hardselling the whole scheme and many of us signed up"

me: " huh, wad did they offer"

PRC: " they offer us, ALL Expenses paid for our fees in NTU, including lodging and we even get pocket money"

me: *mouth open

PRC: "on top of that, they have send me the INVITATION letter to apply for PR after we grad"

i seriously begin to wonder the magitude of the FT problem has many more sides that many of us do not know,

i lose my pride as a sgporean after hearing this and i really wonder do they really care ?

if u give a PR who starts a business here and bring jobs to sgporeans, by all means.

BUT if u choose to so-call groom a FT and seemingly used up tax payers money to fund it, i totally do not understand the reason why.

my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

i myself was deprived the chance of studying in a local U.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

are we really worth this much to the gahment ?

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

This post has been edited by Ah_tee: Yesterday, 08:59 PM"

And a response from another member in this forum:

"Yup ..same here...
i have 5 friends all recruited ... from shanghai"

And another:

"My former neighbour are from Shanghai & Suzhou (Husband/Wife). They studied in SG and got Hons degree at the expense of taxpayers money and best of all, they are so successful they bought Private Condo and continue to rent their 4-rm flat and sold last year and bought another Condo unit to rent.

Things we give to Foreigners that we don't give even a chance for own citizens.
If I had to compare Msia biasness against Chinese/Indian for University entry, I think they still are better than us.

Sadly many only vote for self interests
Like I say before...
The Societal behaviour is shaped by its Political Atmosphere. "

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2663008&st=0

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Hsieng Loong had apologised. Let's move on. PAP had broken promises before....Accept it as a way of life here. Stupid Sinkies forgotten....No!....Never knew there was a social contract between PAP and the People!

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
imagine all these vacancies can give to our own jc or poly students??? all fees paid for them too. wow!!! i can imagine how many local talent can graduate from ntu. yet a lot cant get in, gotta go private U or even overseas. when they make it big there, dont want to come back. they will stay there and contribute. no matter what WKS do trying to woo them back with "singapore days" and chili crabs all useless. this govt is very wrong somewhere, this is not a "sorry" can do. really gotta overhaul the whole system.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We need verification how the PAP is abusing our money and being traitors to Singaporeans.

hitower

Alfrescian
Loyal
CB PAP:oIo::oIo::oIo:, KNNBCCB, Use our monies for FT and not for Singaporen.

Me and my friend conversation in a coffeeshop, very upset about his son application to a local uni.

My friend son when to NTU interview for a place, the interviewer said, hey your result not bad, why you cannot go to a local uni, even the interviwer is surprise.

Both of them agree maybe is because he have an E for your english. Youth: But what about the SAT certification I have?

Interviwer: I will submit your application as she is not the person that approve a place in NTU. We will email you about your application status.. the end...

That where all the monies spend:mad: Sold Singaporean out....

CCB PAP :oIo::oIo::oIo:

VOTE OUT THE F**KING PAP:oIo::oIo::oIo:

VOTE IN OPPOSITION!!!

papFart

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who's the Education Minister ?

Ha ha..Vote for SPP in B-TP GRC
One stone kills 2 cocks..WKS & NEH .

bluewolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
my guess is, they bring in more FTs, give them the candy and they bring in more FTs, which i belive is working because she told her friends about this scheme and many of her friends are here now, at the expenses of home-grown sgporeans.

i myself was deprived the chance of studying in a local U.

but yet a villager from a faraway land with no visible society contributions gets the chance of studying here, all expenses PAID.

are we really worth this much to the gahment ?

is it really we got not enough pple here to study in NTU ? then why are they rejecting sgporeans who meet the pre-requisites ?

This is OLD news. I'm not sure if they are still doing it now, but a few years ago, they import 500 students from China (some even recruited from Chinese universities !) to study in NTU and NUS each year. All expenses paid. This was happening even after the then minster (or minister of state) of education denied in PARLIAMENT that they do not give free scholarships to PRCs.... dumbfounding stuff....

Although I'm not supportive of such a scheme, but they don't just recruit any tom dick or harry. Most of them are top students in their high school. Unfortunately, when it comes to university, the bulk of them are average performers, with only a handful which are really good.