• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SIngapore - We Won't Be Held Hostage By Malaysia And Indonesia

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's why so many western govts concentrate only on immediate bread and butter issues and absolutely ignore the far more important task of long term planning.

Long term planning wins no votes. Giving away freebies does.

Those who want Singapore to take the same route must be mad.

PAP's "long term planning" includes importing FTs indiscriminately, making prices of property soar, locking up the CPF, and decreasing the standard of living of Singaporeans but letting the cost of living escalate. Some "long-term" planning indeed.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is already finding difficulty in acquiring the human resource to undertake the business it has on hand to be bothered to have avaricious thoughts on the minerals of a remote land.

Anyway, have you make any assessment of the effort required to launch such a military campaign with a mission not only to destroy, but to infiltrate, seize and hold sizable territory with a combined war machine of ground, sea and air forces? There are only a handful (literally) of countries that can do this.

That is why NZ is sitting so comfortably in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and have earthquakes as the most major concern to its safety.

Leongsam is jerking Zhihau and you around. Anyone who wants to invade NZ will have to get past the US Navy first which patrols all international waterways. Get past them first, then you talk.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your quarrel with the gahman and the question how it benefit you as an individual seemed so narrow-minded. I may agree with the gahman on these and like you angered by some of their actions and policies. But that does not take away my sense of elation and relief that these countries envious and at times unwilling to allow us to survive has been snooked. I do understand that our neighbours too do not owe us a living and if they have an advantage over us they will grab it. As a nation, we have to stand together against those who will do us in. I see nothing wrong in bitching against what we perceived as our gahman milking us to the hilt amongst other evils they had committed. However let us not be blinded by these grievances and be negative about their achievements for the good of Singapore.

Whatever the PAP has accomplished, they have kept the benefits for themselves. Even if the PAP are doing well, I as a citizen am getting very little value in return.

I can't even use my own CPF for medical expenses. On my last hospital stay I had to pay $$$ out of pocket even though I had more than enough in my medisave account. I cannot even make plans on what I can do with my CPF because they keep changing the rules.

I have not seen any benefits from a prosperous Spore. I still face high bills: utility, COE, income tax, gst, .... The cost to every Sporean has been steadily increasing without any letup even though we have a global recession.

I'm a semi-senior citizen & can compare to the past when Spore had less than 3 million people. Back then cost was cheaper & quality of life was better than it is today. So waving the flag & singing "Spore Sale" isn't going to convince me that life is better today :biggrin:

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Leongsam is jerking Zhihau and you around. Anyone who wants to invade NZ will have to get past the US Navy first which patrols all international waterways. Get past them first, then you talk.

NZ is smart. without an active armed forces, NZ wont be levy troops for big brother USA's adventures while still under the protection of big brother.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

NZ opted out of that arrangement when they went non nuclear under the Lange govt. The US won't lift a finger.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I have not seen any benefits from a prosperous Spore. I still face high bills: utility, COE, income tax, gst, .... The cost to every Sporean has been steadily increasing without any letup even when though we have a global recession.

Global recession affects practically all the countries and we in Singapore are also affected. This is something you have to accept. Count yourself lucky you are not a citizen of countries like Greece, Spain and the UK. Even NZ has not been spared.

Life is not getting that much better for practically everyone, not only yourself. We all need to tighten our belts, save where we can and spend wisely. Believe me, I know what it is like to live in Singapore with a government that has an entitlement mentality. Entitlement for themselves but not for the citizens. For one, they were entitled to perks such as pensions etc.

I am not blind nor stupid to think the garman love us and want us to be wealthy and happy. As someone with family and commitments here in Singapore, we are discussing about certain issues that affect all residents. Venting your frustrations will be more appropriate in threads that discuss those issues that are close to your heart.

DelphiGOD

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different levels of society choose the garman for their own selfish reasons. But having said that, this country is too small for so many GRCs and what have you. Just vote as a country and count the votes, that would be a fairer proposition to choose the garman.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
How can the US not intervene? The trading route will be disrupted in a war, along with the balance of power in the region.

Singapore is an ally of the USA. NZ is not. Kiwis are anti USA. They hate the yanks.

The US would be only too happy if Singapore projected its power into the Pacific. It would help the USA increase its presence and influence to counter the increasing Chinese influence here.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore is an ally of the USA. NZ is not. Kiwis are anti USA. They hate the yanks.

The US would be only too happy if Singapore projected its power into the Pacific. It would help the USA increase its presence and influence to counter the increasing Chinese influence here.

Malaysia and Indonesia will retaliate if we tried to project power and the whole region will destabilize. The US Navy is here to ensure no one does anything foolish.

Anyway it takes literally generations of experience and huge resources to even come up with a decent navy -- something that will forever elude us.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Anyway it takes literally generations of experience and huge resources to even come up with a decent navy -- something that will forever elude us.

NZ has NO navy. I'm telling you it would be a walk in the park to invade NZ. Even a privately funded effort could do the job.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Global recession affects practically all the countries and we in Singapore are also affected. This is something you have to accept. Count yourself lucky you are not a citizen of countries like Greece, Spain and the UK. Even NZ has not been spared.

Life is not getting that much better for practically everyone, not only yourself. We all need to tighten our belts, save where we can and spend wisely. Believe me, I know what it is like to live in Singapore with a government that has an entitlement mentality. Entitlement for themselves but not for the citizens. For one, they were entitled to perks such as pensions etc.

I am not blind nor stupid to think the garman love us and want us to be wealthy and happy. As someone with family and commitments here in Singapore, we are discussing about certain issues that affect all residents. Venting your frustrations will be more appropriate in threads that discuss those issues that are close to your heart.

Citizens from Spain and Greece that have been fleecing the people with a lot of help from the government will at most suffer less than 10 years. A large proportion of Singaporeans on the other hand have been screwed by the garment since they were born, when they were educated in class-based schools with the more 'expensive families having better teachers and budgets' here and when you purchase a property be it private or public housing you will have suffered from the garments monopoly of the land supply and home construction industry.

The PAPzis have been in cahoots with the scum government in Malaysia for the longest time. Indonesia is more difficult but even then they have bought over many of their scums brothers over there.

For the PAPxis or their mouthpiece to announce that they are at loggerheads with each other is total garbage. All their families are feeding off their populace. When the left hand leaves the pot, look out for the right hand. :eek:

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes I do know about the help Israel gave to Spore. I believe it was the time of Golda Meir & back then Israel was also looking for friends.

As a small state I think Spore is better off as a neutral non-aligned state. As a strategic location we can be assured that our allies will support us in times of need. No need to boast or spend $$$ on military hardware.

That is true bro.

That money that is gonna be spent on military hardware, aircrafts, ships, tanks, trucks, munitions, benzine can be better used to help our ageing folks who are now leading a miserable life as a cleaner or rag-bone person.

The budget that goes into Defence to procure such items is huge and can easily be used for the welfare of the elderly and the younger ones that are in dire need of assistance due to sickness, etc...

No one will ever want to attack a peaceful nation. Ifact they would be happy to have us in the proximity.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking PAP government must have had been informed by their US counterpart that they are selling Apaches to Indonesia. Jack Neo's Ah Boys to Men had an Apache blown up over Robinson Road by SAF war experts!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no need for anyone to attack us. All they need is to credibly threaten. Or adopt a hostile posture. That scares of foreign investors and hurts us economically.

Relations between SG and the immediate region are good only when our neighbours deem that beneficial. Once they perceive an opportunity to use soft power to gain some form of leverage, they will not hesitate. Our armed forces are meant to assure investors and our trading partners that we are capable of ensuring political stability and that their capital is safe with us.

That is true bro.

That money that is gonna be spent on military hardware, aircrafts, ships, tanks, trucks, munitions, benzine can be better used to help our ageing folks who are now leading a miserable life as a cleaner or rag-bone person.

The budget that goes into Defence to procure such items is huge and can easily be used for the welfare of the elderly and the younger ones that are in dire need of assistance due to sickness, etc...

No one will ever want to attack a peaceful nation. Ifact they would be happy to have us in the proximity.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That is true bro.

I don't understand how you get the notion that no one will want to attack a peaceful and defenceless nation. This is very naive.

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking PAP government must have had been informed by their US counterpart that they are selling Apaches to Indonesia. Jack Neo's Ah Boys to Men had an Apache blown up over Robinson Road by SAF war experts!

Why is Jack Neo a sociopath allowed by the PAPzis to perpetuate his stories to Singaporeans? Where is the moral compass of the PAPzis and their supporters.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is Jack Neo a sociopath allowed by the PAPzis to perpetuate his stories to Singaporeans? Where is the moral compass of the PAPzis and their supporters.

The same way they got Malaysian Chinese to be their sheep herding dogs! You are treated like stepchildren, I'll treat you as my own. Just do what I tell you to.

ionzu

Alfrescian
Loyal

We first approached India for help but that stinking urine and shit-filled nation refused to help us.

Then Israel was turned to and they came forward. hence the establishment of their embassy here.

Singaporeans should not forget this as Israel was the first to offer that help at a criticical time.

Shalom to the Israelis.

its not unexpected for the indians to turn down a chinese majority country asking for help. who knew back then whether singapore was just another chinese communist plot (from the indian's pov)