• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore retail graveyard

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kabuki Night club also bo liao :wink:

Club kabuki closed recently? Thot still around like 1-2 years ago.
Mummy Gopal and pappysan Gunter go where after that?
When kabuki first opened it was at the cairnhill shophouses along with club Porsche/posh and club jaguar.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think it was call metro supreme, along nicoll highway

Metro plaza where Merlin hotel and later plaza hotel was (now park royal hotel). The outlet later became a metro factory outlet.....now furniture mall. I saw they converted the multi storey car park there into another hotel - holiday inn.....really maximize space.
Metro supreme was at supreme house Penang road now park mall. The outlet briefly became a skating rink after metro closed the store.
Metro used to be everywhere....far east plaza, lucky plaza had stores too.
I'm younger than your 62 so my memory is better hehe

canonfairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Metro plaza where Merlin hotel and later plaza hotel was (now park royal hotel). The outlet later became a metro factory outlet.....now furniture mall. I saw they converted the multi storey car park there into another hotel - holiday inn.....really maximize space.
Metro supreme was at supreme house Penang road now park mall. The outlet briefly became a skating rink after metro closed the store.

ya i think u are rite, i getting senile liao :*:

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Attic is still around, recent months bumped into the shop, I think it is at Novena Square. What is that guy name, I forgot, the shop was at The Centrepoint for ages, he was involved in some court case, some years back. Never bought from that shop, all the years in existence...so expensive, wonder, how he survived??

On the same floor of Centrepoint where Attic was located, Supreme Records Shop was my favorite shop.

The poor Hainanese owner had to close shop because he was struck down with cancer.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remembered queuing to enter Tony Roma's first day opposite orchard towers ....their BBQ baby back cost 18 bucks then.....American portions.
It was owned by Indonesian owner and they later opened another outlet in wisma.
Dan Ryan's came later and opened in tanglin area and not forgetting to mention Denny's.....especially the yen San building outlet where you can hook angmo chicks during the weekends at the downstairs bar.
Sizzler's predecessor was ponderosa.....ordering the salad alone was enough liao

Sizzler of Australia was brought into S'pore by Mr Ang Kheng Hwee of Kwang Sia & Co Ltd.

He only paid $200,000 to secure the sole agency, but had to close down after losing money for three years.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
When kabuki first opened it was at the cairnhill shophouses along with club Porsche/posh and club jaguar.

Before the existence of Club Kabuki, there was Silver Star Nite Club at Orchard.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Metro Golden Mile was Metro HQ where the late Mr Ong Tjoei Kim and Jopie Ong had their office.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Metro Golden Mile was Metro HQ where the late Mr Ong Tjoei Kim and Jopie Ong had their office.

Yes the metro at beach road (Merlin/plaza hotel) was known as metro golden mile as the area/stretch was known as golden mile. But metro never had a presence in the building known as golden mile complex.

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I thought kabuki close for 6-8 years liao? 1-2 years ago still around??

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm surprise the Lips shop at far east Plaza and spitfire at peninsula Plaza still in business!!!

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nostalgia hits, this thread? Seems popular tcss piece (usually) :p
Kong Sia, basement, Colombo Court & Cortina Shopping Centre 1st floor
Kwong Sia's music store was iconic then (oops, dead giveaway on lost youth):p. Cortina, didn't the scion run road to Thailand and voluntarily returned (memory failing..) :o

The shops in World Trade Centre
Now re-branded as Harbour Front? Shops may have since gone and replaced :biggrin:

Metro plaza where Merlin hotel and later plaza hotel was (now park royal hotel).
Metro supreme was at supreme house Penang road now park mall.
Metro Supreme had adjoining coffee house Silver Spoon (?). With affordable set lunches. Better still, can go paktor at next door Fort Canning then:p