• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore now 'ponded' with foreign talents

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went Orchard Road today. Served by a Filipinos at long john silver. Went to BreadTalk, a PRC cashier. At Sim Lim, Indians everywhere. At Metro, saw a sweet thai sales girl. Took taxi home, wah piang, the taxi driver is a PRC! Used his GPS to drive me back to Ang Mo Kio.

Singapore, the land of opportunities for foreign talents .... :biggrin::eek::o:smile::(:confused::mad::p:wink::rolleyes::cool::eek::cool:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went Orchard Road today. Served by a Filipinos at long john silver. Went to BreadTalk, a PRC cashier. At Sim Lim, Indians everywhere. At Metro, saw a sweet thai sales girl. Took taxi home, wah piang, the taxi driver is a PRC! Used his GPS to drive me back to Ang Mo Kio.
Singapore, the land of opportunities for foreign talents ....

Don't worry, come to the UK. The BNP will hate you too.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When LKY can branded his own countryman voters 'daft' wonder how the FTs precieve Sinkies and when FTs serving one Sinkie will think 'yes daft, what do you want?.

Singapore, the land of opportunities for foreign talents .... :biggrin::eek::o:smile::(:confused::mad::p:wink::rolleyes::cool::eek::cool:

Last edited:

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
Call a spade a spade. It is "flooded", not "ponded", with foreign talents. That makes us one of the most talented countries. Get ready, the country will either see the birth of the next Nobel prize laureate or its people will pay a noble price for this flood. :biggrin:

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You will bound to be served by a Filipino at every fast food outlet... Back then elderly Sporean aunties would be manning the counters at Macdonalds... Now high chances are, a Pinay will be manning that counter.. Go to Ikea store at Tampines on a weekend, and you would have thought that you are doing your shopping in a mall in Mumbai or Manila..:eek: Ah Nehs will bring along their noisy pesky kids... Turn to your left and you will hear Tagalog.. Turn to your right and you'll hear Tagalog.. Its Tagalog everywhere in Ikea... Go to a hawker centre and order your fish ball noodle at your favourite stall.. A PRC crow would prepare the fishball noodle for you.. Take a double decker bus No 2 from Chinatown.. Upper deck would be filled with PRCs.. and you might be the only local Sinkie on that upper deck..:eek: We have become a Nation of United Nations..

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Call a spade a spade. It is "flooded", not "ponded", with foreign talents. That makes us one of the most talented countries. Get ready, the country will either see the birth of the next Nobel prize laureate or its people will pay a noble price for this flood. :biggrin:

hi there

1. in five or more years, being a daft local sheep shall be some rare commodity here.
2. want a miss universe, simply just go out to purchase one.
3. want an olympics gold medal, just go to buy one individual whom sheep believe can do so.
4. it is all free monies at sheep disposal, unchallenged!

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Now POND word is new meaning for Singapore to replace flood.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Knn you all talk like this makes me damn scare to come home

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You will bound to be served by a Filipino at every fast food outlet... Back then elderly Sporean aunties would be manning the counters at Macdonalds... Now high chances are, a Pinay will be manning that counter.. Go to Ikea store at Tampines on a weekend, and you would have thought that you are doing your shopping in a mall in Mumbai or Manila..:eek: Ah Nehs will bring along their noisy pesky kids... Turn to your left and you will hear Tagalog.. Turn to your right and you'll hear Tagalog.. Its Tagalog everywhere in Ikea... Go to a hawker centre and order your fish ball noodle at your favourite stall.. A PRC crow would prepare the fishball noodle for you.. Take a double decker bus No 2 from Chinatown.. Upper deck would be filled with PRCs.. and you might be the only local Sinkie on that upper deck..:eek: We have become a Nation of United Nations..

If you call any technical support / customer service hotline, chances are a Pinay will be speaking to you.

For restaurants it depends on the cuisine served. Naturally, you'll find more PRC waiteresses at a Chinese restaurant.

However, once I had witnessed an Ah Neh waiter in a Japanese restaurant. Not only did his presence spoils the ambience of the restaurant (it was quite a famous authentic Japanese restaurant in the heart of Orchard), he didn't even know how to pronounce the name of the items on the menu. It was so fun to watch him struggling to serve the customers at an adjacent table, LOL!

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you call any technical support / customer service hotline, chances are a Pinay will be speaking to you.

For restaurants it depends on the cuisine served. Naturally, you'll find more PRC waiteresses at a Chinese restaurant.

However, once I had witnessed an Ah Neh waiter in a Japanese restaurant. Not only did his presence spoils the ambience of the restaurant (it was quite a famous authentic Japanese restaurant in the heart of Orchard), he didn't even know how to pronounce the name of the items on the menu. It was so fun to watch him struggling to serve the customers at an adjacent table, LOL!

True enough... Its exasperating talking to the Ah Nehs and Pinoys Sinktel staff over the phone each time I'm having problems with my Mio Broadband service.. I think its the same for the other operators like Starhub and M1.. Just last month out of frustration and anger, I shouted at this Sinktel Ah Neh over the mobile because I just can't understand his English laced with heavy Indian accent.. KNN, sometimes when dialling Sinktel Hotline 1688, its just like calling India or Philipines..:mad:

Last edited:

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
This cuntry is full of sh*t. But then again.... in the UK or Australia, same shit if you move there. The locals will see you as fcuking talent.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Death toll climbs to 6 in Italy cruise ship accident ........
Updated: Mon Jan. 16 2012 ..........

The captain of a cruise ship that capsized off the Tuscan coast deviated from course without approval, the vessel's owner said Monday as divers pulled a sixth body from the wreckage.......At least six people died in the incident while 16 passengers and crew are still missing.......
Ross Klein, a cruise ship industry expert ......appears the passengers were not given clear instructions or prior emergency training as chaos ensued. ................
"It appears that there was a fair bit of disorganization among the crew," he said. "Passengers weren't sure what to do…That creates another level of panic." ................. Language barriers also created more confusion, he said.............

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...cue-day-three-120116/20120116/?hub=OttawaHome

Published on The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online ................
Home > Filipino crewmen all safe — DFA........
MANILA, Philippines — The 296 Filipino crew members on board the Italian cruise ship Costa Concordia are safe, accounted for, and due for repatriation starting Tuesday, the Philippine Embassy in Rome reported to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Monday........

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/348311/filipino-crewmen-all-safe-dfa

6 died and 16 other crew/passengers missing but all the 296 Pinoy crew accounted for and safe- so anyone surprised?
When the Singapore ship is sinking, I'm sure all the Pinoys will likewise be accounted for and safe while siiliporeans are the one left to drown.
Language barriers added to confusion sounded so familiar =can anyone understand what these Pinoys are saying anyway.Anyone say the clip on TV where the Pinoy crewman was wearing lifevest while telling passengers without lifevest that things are OK?

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone say the clip on TV where the Pinoy crewman was wearing lifevest while telling passengers without lifevest that things are OK?

The pinoy are only talented at singing and dancing. When it comes to serious matters, never ever rely on them for anything.