• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore needs a Singh as her leader - Manmohan Singh

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That you see minorities holding positions in excess of their percentage of population as an act of kindness on the part of the state belies your condescension towards them. I doubt I will change your attitude and will not pursue this further.

Similarly, if you think I construed inferiority of the Chinese in our population, I will only protest but will not tire myself with trying to convince someone who just will not see.

But to answer your question about the two, I know two Chinese people who are Indian nationals born and bred.

Also, many but by no means all Sikhs would protest at being called Indian. Similarly, not a few Indians see Sikhs as being an other. The main reasons are their religions and cultures. But you don't have to believe me if you don't want to. It's a free world.

You believe my PRC boss' action of stuffing the dept with his fellow PRC is unusual. I hope so, because that dept is now being ruined by people who do not understand Singaporean culture and who will not learn.

i did not say it was an act of kindness, they are more than represented, so what the hell is there to complain?

What about your own attitude? Your SOO hell bent on getting a singh or keling as the pm of singapore. U really love them do you. To run this country. I doubt i will ever hear an indian wanting a chinese to run his country.

You do not say it outright but u have done so indirectly. With a bigger percentage of chinese here, it is preferable for a chinese leader and also since there is a bigger pool of chinese the talent pool is also bigger. Look at the title of your thread. SG nees a singh as a leader? All cos of this manmoh singh and now suddenly all singhs can be good leaders? Doesn't ur title imply that? Obviously anyone can see ur putting down chinese. Deng xiao ping is a good leader, so we need a chinese as a leader. If i put this logic to you what would u say? You would say it's illogical. Yet hey the thread title is ok. COs of this manmoh singh hey all singhs are good leaders, let's choose one. Riddiculous.

Ask those 2 chinese people do they feel indian nationals see them as fellow indians? Do they feel they can become civil servants or be involved in politics and have a chance to win since they are racially not indian.

Some tamils do not consider themselves indian. In fact other than hindi i guess other indians do not really see themselves as one rather by their own ethnic group. Yet to outsiders they are all indians. Punjabi or part of it has always been a part of india hence ppl from the region have been indian as long as the rest of the kelings. Obviously this singh being the PM is not a big deal as a chinese being an indian PM.

There are many sinkee depts being overrun by FTS and many of them are kelings.

Pls just keep your fascination of indians to yourself and quit trying to force it down others throats. :mad: Actually i am not surprised at all. Usually when you come across an individual that hates his own race and heaps unlimited praises unto someone from another race you can say it's a chinese and hey you will be right like probably more than 80% of the time. This forum has a number of them too.

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
what's the point of a world class democracy, where the populations pee and shit every where on the road even in the capital. it is really a total disgrace to democracy but any what so great about democracy . In asia, none of the true democracies are top economic countries . if you are talking about japan( japan democracy is controlled by the zaibatsu) and money politics is rampant.

lodoftherings

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Mr Singh , if offered to be a PM of Singapore will decline. For a man of his caliber he should be running a complex and Large country like India , Singapore is under utilization of his potential.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
India is no different from the other pseudo 3rd world democracies. In India you have the Gandhi family - from Nehru to Manmohan - it is all controlled by the same family since independence with short periods when the BJP came into power. Manmohan is nothing but a front man for Gandhi family. With Philippines it is pretty much controlled by Marcos/Aquino - add a few top families.

The vote of the poor can easily be bought for 10 lbs of rice. Think about it. How can it be that in a country as rich as India, that after 60 years of independence that majority of pop have no toilets and poop on the street; child mortality is high.

If indeed it was 1 man 1 vote, they would have voted out the Gandhi for mismanaging the nation and not being able to provide the bare basics - clean water, laterines, etc.

In a true democracy, 1 bad term and you are OUT!

India has yet to have a Chinese PM but right now they seem closer to doing that than Singapore is to having a non-Chinese PM. This is especially sad when we recall that our first elected CM was an Iraqi Jew. Yet after independence, all the murmurings of the need for a 'majority-race' PM started. And that's where we're stuck at.

You make it seem as if only Indians have the habit of getting 'their kind' into positions of power / influence when they themselves are in power. Well, my very Chinese PRC ex-boss 'nationally' cleansed my former department of all Singaporeans, including me! He is right now trying to get rid of the remaining Brit.

So there are bad Chinese people with very bad habits as well as bad Indian ones. Stand up to being marginalised by all means, but let's not do it by marginalising others. It does our cause no good.

For the record, I am a Chinese Singaporean.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This thread is stupid. TS stereotyping singhs whom are a type of indian as some saints? Like every single singh is a saint? Seriously you have these type of screw loose ppl here.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
India is no different from the other pseudo 3rd world democracies. In India you have the Gandhi family - from Nehru to Manmohan - it is all controlled by the same family since independence with short periods when the BJP came into power. Manmohan is nothing but a front man for Gandhi family. With Philippines it is pretty much controlled by Marcos/Aquino - add a few top families.

The vote of the poor can easily be bought for 10 lbs of rice. Think about it. How can it be that in a country as rich as India, that after 60 years of independence that majority of pop have no toilets and poop on the street; child mortality is high.

If indeed it was 1 man 1 vote, they would have voted out the Gandhi for mismanaging the nation and not being able to provide the bare basics - clean water, laterines, etc.

In a true democracy, 1 bad term and you are OUT!

Better to make bad decisions yourself than to have someone else making supposedly "good" decisions for you against your volition. The premise of anti-democracy rests on the purported omniscience of government which has no basis in reality whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better to make bad decisions yourself than to have someone else making supposedly "good" decisions for you against your volition. The premise of anti-democracy rests on the purported omniscience of government which has no basis in reality whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Omniscience? No basis in reality? I think you better stop with this pseudo intellectual BS.

Opps i forgot to add yeah that's why it's so cool for india to have no toilets and the entire country is like a toilet. I really like the basis of your argument. You actually praised the negative points he gave about india and how "cool" it is to make a "bad decision" which is such a juevenile way of describing how fucked up india is than the actually have things that work cos those are forced against your will so to speak. This shows that your sense of logic isn't even there.

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omniscience? No basis in reality? I think you better stop with this pseudo intellectual BS.

Pseudo intellectual BS which you incidentally can't refute. Show me a government in this world who knows it all :rolleyes:

Opps i forgot to add yeah that's why it's so cool for india to have no toilets and the entire country is like a toilet. I really like the basis of your argument. You actually praised the negative points he gave about india and how "cool" it is to make a "bad decision" which is such a juevenile way of describing how fucked up india is than the actually have things that work cos those are forced against your will so to speak. This shows that your sense of logic isn't even there.

Unlike you, the poor in India can't afford luxuries such as toilets when they barely have enough food to eat. If I were an Indian living in the slums of Mumbai, the rational decision would be to vote for the candidate who offers 10 lbs of rice that could sustain my family for awhile till the familiarity of starvation recurs. If a more enlightened candidate who has the rhetorical ability to convince me to take a longer view were to come along, he would have my vote too. The crux of the matter is that the power to vote is a power per se. Why would anyone wish to divest himself of power of any kind? Democracy doesn't necessarily have to be a devolution of decision making. Why else do you think so many countries adopted representative democracy? :rolleyes:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pseudo intellectual BS which you incidentally can't refute. Show me a government in this world who knows it all :rolleyes:

Unlike you, the poor in India can't afford luxuries such as toilets when they barely have enough food to eat. If I were an Indian living in the slums of Mumbai, the rational decision would be to vote for the candidate who offers 10 lbs of rice that could sustain my family for awhile till the familiarity of starvation recurs. If a more enlightened candidate who has the rhetorical ability to convince me to take a longer view were to come along, he would have my vote too. The crux of the matter is that the power to vote is a power per se. Why would anyone wish to divest himself of power of any kind? Democracy doesn't necessarily have to be a devolution of decision making. Why else do you think so many countries adopted representative democracy? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: i like this example you have given. "If I were an Indian living in the slums of Mumbai, the rational decision would be to vote for the candidate who offers 10 lbs of rice that could sustain my family for awhile till the familiarity of starvation recurs." Let's apply this to the PAP running sg. PAP offers incentives so that voters will vote for them in terms of cash, free food and etc Sure they take it back somehow after the election or it's peanuts to them well that's the same exact situation in india. That 10lb of rice is literally peanuts to the politicians they could have given it away for free too. Therefore from that example given you area actually indirectly saying you agree with the PAP way of giving incentives to voters and that voters should be happy voting for pap when they get these incentives that incidently many ppl have complained about the voters that vote pap for these incentives like flat upgrading and so on.

kumardevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
:rolleyes: i like this example you have given. "If I were an Indian living in the slums of Mumbai, the rational decision would be to vote for the candidate who offers 10 lbs of rice that could sustain my family for awhile till the familiarity of starvation recurs." Let's apply this to the PAP running sg. PAP offers incentives so that voters will vote for them in terms of cash, free food and etc Sure they take it back somehow after the election or it's peanuts to them well that's the same exact situation in india. That 10lb of rice is literally peanuts to the politicians they could have given it away for free too. Therefore from that example given you area actually indirectly saying you agree with the PAP way of giving incentives to voters and that voters should be happy voting for pap when they get these incentives that incidently many ppl have complained about the voters that vote pap for these incentives like flat upgrading and so on.

My God, look at the dire situation in India. Compare India with China. India is seems is never progressing. Time for the idiotic and weak Singh to step down and pass the baton to a more progressive and able leader.