• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore in 2034 World Cup. Can make it or not?

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With respect, it is an admirable, desirable and noble objective.
But, there are several factors that will hinder the ability and development of the pool of potential talented players.
1. The genes and lack of height and size which will be a physical disadvantage compared to the Caucasians and South Americans. Soccer is a physical sport, and a bigger and taller player has advantages.
2. Diet and nutrition. May I suggest that as soon as the younger talented players have been identified, the Singapore Sports Council and or the FAS provide complimentary special food and supplements to those players.
3. The very hot and humid weather in Singapore will hinder the development and training.
4. Perhaps, MINDEF may wish to consider allowing the selected pool of talented soccer players to train full time during NS.
5. There is need for an improved soccer league.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. The genes and lack of height and size which will be a physical disadvantage compared to the Caucasians and South Americans. Soccer is a physical sport, and a bigger and taller player has advantages.

Singapore should aim to first do well in futsal first. In futsal, skills and movement are more important than physical attributes.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am still waiting for the Swiss standard of living....
1615337285764.png

"You heard wrong. I said shit standard of living, not Swiss standard of living. LOL!"

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
First thing this Bernard should do is to find out WHY, WHY, WHY previous grand plans to make us a soccer
powerhouse FAILED, FAILED, FAILED. Flying with a grand plan is no more than driving a very fast car on the
road without rearview mirror.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the Singapore football team needs is the PAP motivation...ie pay the players $m and attract all the elite players.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Set up a super league for south east Asia consisting of about 15 teams. Sinkapore can be represented by 2 teams

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Local football fans would much rather spend their $$$ on Mio TV or Starhub subscriptions than contribute to grassroots soccer.

I don't think anyone cares about those. Free high quality football streams are available online. For everything else, there's Netflix.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As someone who's played with white fellas before, this is a real point for concern. Angmors physical strength and size over Asians really make it unfair. Even if we may match them in terms of skill, stamina and speed, their physical dominance will give them a big advantage over South East Asians.

That's why I have massive respect for the south Korean and Japanese football teams.

And in terms of physical dominance, I haven't even start talking about the west Africans! Those BBCs will steamroll over us like garden gnomes!

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As someone who's played with white fellas before, this is a real point for concern. Angmors physical strength and size over Asians really make it unfair. Even if we may match them in terms of skill, stamina and speed, their physical dominance will give them a big advantage over South East Asians.

But FAS Deputy President Bernard Tan said said that he wanted the best players to begin their careers in the league from 17, " get picked up because we are performing so well in Asian Football Confederation tournaments" and play overseas.

How can Sinkies whose average height is 5 ft 7 inches and in their early 20s (assuming that they are granted deferment from NS by MINDEF) physically compete against ang mohs and Africans in the European leagues?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But FAS Deputy President Bernard Tan said said that he wanted the best players to begin their careers in the league from 17, " get picked up because we are performing so well in Asian Football Confederation tournaments" and play overseas.

How can Sinkies whose average height is 5 ft 7 inches and in their early 20s (assuming that they are granted deferment from NS by MINDEF) physically compete against ang mohs and Africans in the European leagues?
I bet our new football chief Bernard Tan is another paper general who hasn't kicked a ball before. FAS should identify and send 15 year olds to Japan or korean soccer schools for training. If they don't perform in one year then come back and be food delivery riders.

By the way 5 ft 7" is 1.70m and should perform well as a corner flag in Europe.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's why I have massive respect for the south Korean and Japanese football teams.

And in terms of physical dominance, I haven't even start talking about the west Africans! Those BBCs will steamroll over us like garden gnomes!
eventually niggers will dominate soccer. not a matter of whether but when. in u.s., basketball used to be all whites, no longer. baseball used to be all whites, no longer. american football used to be all white, no longer. only ice hockey is still dominated by whites.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I bet our new football chief Bernard Tan is another paper general who hasn't kicked a ball before. FAS should identify and send 15 year olds to Japan or korean soccer schools for training. If they don't perform in one year then come back and be food delivery riders.

By the way 5 ft 7" is 1.70m and should perform well as a corner flag in Europe.

That's how the system goes in Sinkieland: all these SAF scholars are produced by the system and then conveniently co-opted into the system in various appointments. It's a more perverse variation of the mandarin scholar system in ancient China.

The SAF (and police?) scholarship should be revamped. You want a career in uniform? Stay in that job until you retire or die, whichever comes first. 60-65 years old max. And banned from a career in politics.

Boys who want to become professional footballers should be in a football academy when they are 8-10 years old. 15 years old is too old. And the boys are allowed to switch nationality if it means getting a better chance to play. NS is the major stumbling block for the PAP technocrats. :wink:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
eventually niggers will dominate soccer. not a matter of whether but when. in u.s., basketball used to be all whites, no longer. baseball used to be all whites, no longer. american football used to be all white, no longer. only ice hockey is still dominated by whites.
Cannot beat 200 years of selective breeding under white slave masters. They killed off the smart ones and bred the dumb strong niggers into super slaves. That's why BLM riots are haunting America today