• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Employer and Employee

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
The common employment scene in Singapore. Employer try to eat Employee in any way they can but Employee also "Kwai Lan". To me, both of them are bastards.

Recently i went for an interview for Management Trainee(MT) in a restaurant. The boss was such an ignorant fool and thought he could take advantage of the bad economy to eat his staff.

I will not include in the entire conversation like he asking me to intro etc and just go straight into conversation that shows his ignorant and stupidity.

He: You are a diploma holder and have previously been doing admin and accounts job. Why do you want to apply for MT job?

Me: I am quite sick of doing office job. Want to have a change of environment and job scope. MT is a interesting job too as I can learn how to manage a store.

He: But you got no leadership. See even you talk also so soft.

Me: Hello. This is a interview not a singing competition. You expect me to be shouting at you is it? Are you saying that those people who speak softly got no leadership skills?

He: I think you just want to apply MT position because it gets a higher salary than a waiter.

Me: Your newspaper advertise the salary of MT as 1.3k to 1.4k. You think that is very high? My last drawn pay was 1.9k. As a diploma holder any accounts job that I get I will be able to get at least 1.5k which is still higher than your MT salary.

He: But now the economy is so bad. There are so many accountants being retreched. You sure you can get an accounts job.

Me: Why not. There are still many companies hiring accounts and admin staff.

He: No I will not give you a MT job not even a Team Leader job because you got no leadership. But I can offer you a waiter job.

Me: Ok. What is the salary?

He: Only 1k a month.

Me: But your newspaper advertise waiter salary to be 1.1k to 1.3k.

He: Don't complain lah. Now economy so bad you can get a job you should be happy liao. Somemore my restaurant got provide free staff meal. If you want to take up this job you can go now to my office to take your uniform.

Me: ok lor.

So I went to take the uniform but I told him I can only start work 2 weeks later. I lie to him that I got family problem when in fact I wanted to use the 2 weeks to go find jobs.

3 days later I found a office job which pays me a diploma salary. I call him and told him I don't want the waiter job anymore. He told me to go down and return him the uniform. I told him that I am not free and if he wants back the uniform ask him to come my house to take it if not I will keep the uniform.

So he lan lan ask his manager to come my house to take back the uniform.

My conversation with the manager.

Me: You go tell your chee bye boss don't use his dog eyes to look down on people ok. Write in newspaper salary for waiter is 1.1k to 1.3k than dare to give me 1k nia. He think what. I chinaman is it can take advantage of me ah.

Somemore its 6 days work week, have to work shift, weekends and work 48 hours a week pay me so low. Even chinaman unless is those type that no education de if not they also don't want this type of job ok.He should wake up his idea lah. Tell a 20+ years old diploma holder that he cannot find a job. He is a stupid pig brain sia.. Even if I go work security guard I also can earn 1.5k a month.

And its not a 10k salary CEO job that I am applying. Its just a chao MT job and he can be so aggroant and bai jia zi. I pity you to work for such a boss who trys to take advantage of his own staff.Tell your boss that he is a fucking frog in the well.

He: Haiya. You think I like to work for him meh. I from malaysia no qualification hard to find a job so no choice have to work for him

littlefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please ask our beloved forummer besotted, to come here and give his side of the story, although of late, I am beginning to suspect he is a fake. :biggrin:

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
MM: I din know sinkies is so desperate for jobs.
OK, I will tell my labour minister to revise the salary scale of diploma holders,
especially the accounting sector.:biggrin:

Eurekas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please ask our beloved forummer besotted, to come here and give his side of the story, although of late, I am beginning to suspect he is a fake. :biggrin:

Beshitted give so little pay, I wonder how long can he retain his PRC staff. They will have run road after their 2 years contract expire as they send home only $200 a month which is not enough for monthly expenses in China.

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Teochew or Hokkien "dog eyes" reference which can be interpreted as looking down on others, is telling of this prick's ethnicity. This SG Chink applied for a job as a Management Trainee at a restaurant where interpersonal and service skills are paramount and yet look at his attitude and appalling interpersonal skills. He starts of by saying "he's sick of office job", then retorts when questioned on leadership. Would you patronize a restaurant with this arsehole as its future restaurant manager? Customers will be put off. The interviewer should have just ended the interview right there and told him to leave instead of wasting time. The arrogant dumb fuck only managed to bring out the worst in the interviewer and made another believer in FT out of an employer who was willing to give a Singaporean a shot at the job. Is it any wonder why most of these service jobs are now going to Pinoys and PRCs? Sinkees should blame themselves rather than the FT.

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The common employment scene in Singapore. Employer try to eat Employee in any way they can but Employee also "Kwai Lan". To me, both of them are bastards.

In CURRENT ECONOMIC RECESSION,there are many nasty and Kuai lan and bastard SINGAPORE EMPLOYERS .

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
A middle finger for Sinkapore EMPLOYERS who don't hire older workers

granny-middle-finger.jpg

Ha1ry Potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

To me, the biggest bastards are the Japanese Boss.
You bring client for dinner, must fill forms to get approval.
The dinner only around $100.

But, they Japs, bring their own Japs clients to :

Jap's Sushi dinner ($300 to $500),
KTV (at least $1K to $2K++),
Massage plus sex??
play golf (a few K?),
got Condo allowance and car allowance.

We take bus/mrt cannot claim.

So you are still better than me
:biggrin:

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, the biggest bastards are the Japanese Boss.
You bring client for dinner, must fill forms to get approval.
The dinner only around $100.

But, they Japs, bring their own Japs clients to :

Jap's Sushi dinner ($300 to $500),
KTV (at least $1K to $2K++),
Massage plus sex??
play golf (a few K?),
got Condo allowance and car allowance.

We take bus/mrt cannot claim.

So you are still better than me
:biggrin:

Used to work for a Jpn company too. I will say they are of cos very generous when entertaining fellow Japanese clients or colleagues. But let's put it this way la.... if u are a Sinkaporean working in say France, u will also be generous with a fellow Sinkaporean in France tio bo?

kchunjeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can be an empolyer at the same time as employee.

Be a Free Lance prostitute. No need Diploma, Degree or PhD.
Just open your legs, that's it.

Charge every 60 mins for S$80,
You work one day for 6 hours = S$80x6 = S$480
lets say you work 20 days per month = S$480 x 20 = S$9600 !!

No need to pay OKT, no need to pay hotel (customer pay)
You earn money and at the same time have fun,
also no need to pay tax too.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Used to work for a Jpn company too. I will say they are of cos very generous when entertaining fellow Japanese clients or colleagues. But let's put it this way la.... if u are a Sinkaporean working in say France, u will also be generous with a fellow Sinkaporean in France tio bo?

good post . last time i have one singaporean staff ..i also give him free apartment to stay ...dont tell my japanese staff ok ? :wink::wink: