• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore education system is one of the best in the world

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chey!! Problem solving ang moh ish de best...:p:biggrin::p

Sure or not. Top 7 countries all East Asians leh.

PISABIGGER.JPG

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully these students will put their brains together and solve Singapore's land scarce situation.

Cheers!

Hahahahaha! We already did. When land is scarce, sell it dear! Not enough land, apply land acquisition act or enbloc. And finally create more scarcity by increasing demand. It is indeed a wonderfully self perpetuating cycle only the most vile geniouses can conjure.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
"were required to tackle between four and eight problems with each problem containing several sub-questions."

4 to 8 problems can gauge problem solving skills already? lan jiao lah

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because they delude themselves into thinking that the problems don't exist. Are people actually stupid enough to believe that crap?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hahahahaha! We already did. When land is scarce, sell it dear! Not enough land, apply land acquisition act or enbloc. And finally create more scarcity by increasing demand. It is indeed a wonderfully self perpetuating cycle only the most vile geniouses can conjure.

that is the view of economist cock heads... resource is never an abundance to them..how fucking sad and pathetic.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We have the cream of the crop in government and what have they accomplished?

We have similar calibre of people running GLC companies like SMRT ...they have proven to be incompetents! Overpaid ones.

May I remind you that the SMRT CEO said that he needs 5 years to solve the current set of problems.5 years!!!!! What a moron. And the government accepted that! So we have an imbecile running the SMRT and an equally stupid government supporting the SMRT CEO.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
must agree To some degree Sinkies are clever in education. Keng ka leow mentally.

When I was in secondary school already found out how to use 10 years series to pass top marks in every subject, min a B, rest A.

Simple, Sinkies are kiasu kiasi people and you take the 10 years of exam questions and see how MOE pa pattern.

1. Out of 10 or 12 questions 50% compulsory questions, so you guaranteed pass min 50% in your pocket.

2. then aim for the kiasu kias see MOE idiots set test papers mentality.

3. last year this Q come out , this year won't come out. IF come out same Q test paper examiners get fucked and lose job. Play safe follow patterns years after years.

4. Can see their Q patterns no horse run.

5. With that you can assured of 60%-80% score.

6. To get A .... is my secret will die with me.

LKY and TT, was then MOE ministers, are so busy counting where to invest you CPF monies to make themselves rich where got time to ceck their flaws in education.

When I found this out myself don't have to study hard anymore relax one corner. I helped all my siblings to get top marks .... Singapore education where got standard, fake!

sinkies are trained to be textbook muggers and nothing more...o level, a level, ten year series...

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Friend of mine came for sabbatical at NUS many years ago. Was an ASEAN scholar. He commented, when I asked, that local students are extremely capable of solving problems with known solutions. But in areas where there is no known solutions, ang mohs are better thinking out of the box. I think he is right.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree, there is such thing as trial and errors where Sinkies lack in this area.

Good for copycatting, mimic

Friend of mine came for sabbatical at NUS many years ago. Was an ASEAN scholar. He commented, when I asked, that local students are extremely capable of solving problems with known solutions. But in areas where there is no known solutions, ang mohs are better thinking out of the box. I think he is right.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
agree, there is such thing as trial and errors where Sinkies lack in this area.

Good for copycatting, mimic

A look at our political leadership 'cannot run away' but confirm what my friend said. Very ordinary talent but packaged machiam 'seepay ay sai.'

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
After 15 years old what happened? After NS become gong gong yes sir

Last edited:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agree. There's an overemphasis on rote learning, regurgitation of facts, and acing exams. Even problem-solving questions are structured within known parameters, where there's always a right or wrong solution.

Our students are not taught to think, to come out with innovative solutions to problems, to question received wisdom. People skills and leadership traits are also underdeveloped because limited time in the curriculum is given to hands-on learning, social activities and team projects.

That's why our exam-smart scholars screw up once they get out into the real world to work. Poor EQ, no leadership, lousy management skills, can't think out of the box. I know of a President scholar who was fired by an MNC because of just those flaws, despite her high IQ.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why our exam-smart scholars screw up once they get out into the real world to work. Poor EQ, no leadership, lousy management skills, can't think out of the box. I know of a President scholar who was fired by an MNC because of just those flaws, despite her high IQ.

The 'smart' ones will stay in the civil service which protects and takes care of them till retirement. May not be minister,MP, PS etc. But 'chow chow' can smell director post. Many are in this category.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
retired sinkie teacher can make a lot of money if they group together and establish private schools in Malaysia starting with JB and expanding northwards.

Can tell Informatics?-this listed coy controlled by Berjaya is losing $.

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Sigh............... the number of sinkie scholars floating about these days.................... :wink:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have to agree with the thread title. No education system in any democratic countries can produce voters that continue to vote for the same people to screw their asses for 5 decades. And yet, the reciepients are so grateful. Clap! Clap! Clap! Sinkees are one lucky bunch.

Last edited:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i have to agree with the thread title. No education system in any democratic countries can produce voters that continue to vote for the same people to screw their asses for 5 decades. And yet, the reciepients are so grateful. Clap! Clap! Clap! Sinkees are one lucky bunch.

wahahhahah