• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Singapore] - Dr Chee SJ restaurant kena bad review!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Who the fuck is Vera Leng ? Vera Wang I know. Is Vera Leng fuckable like Vera Wang ?
1630316237772.png

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's why I said it's a bad move on his part to open a restaurant. Now the pappy dogs and their paid cronies can bite him on all sides.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better than PA' s mango pudding, which make into news for months. Michael Palmer can attest to its quality and taste.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think it would be better if CSJ's cafeteria serves local food instead of western cuisine which may end up neither here nor there..
he would not be able to offer local food the way the best hawkers do it with simplicity and skill. his wife is taiwanese, and he is an anglophile when it cums to food. simply out of touch with beng and lian heartlanders.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
he would not be able to offer local food the way the best hawkers do it with simplicity and skill. his wife is taiwanese, and he is an anglophile when it cums to food. simply out of touch with beng and lian heartlanders.
The food is tasty is all that matters. Fusion or not is irrelevant.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The food is tasty is all that matters. Fusion or not is irrelevant.
very hard to find a sinkie who is chin chai about taste. almost all sinkies are perfectionists about taste and authenticity, fusion or otherwise. but heartlander bengs and lians are intolerant with fusion. to them, similanjiao is “creole jambalaya”?

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
very hard to find a sinkie who is chin chai about taste. almost all sinkies are perfectionists about taste and authenticity, fusion or otherwise. but heartlander bengs and lians are intolerant with fusion. to them, similanjiao is “creole jambalaya”?

In order for singkies to b perfectionist about cuisines.. They 1st have to know about cuisines..how many know what a real kebab is etc? But like to talk big etc... That is y for me personally i just use taste as the main determinant. Be it wat sort of cuisine. N nothing wrong in fusion cuisine..if no fusion cuisine..where got new dishes? N isnt local dishes like hainan chicken rice, bak kut teh, etc fusion ?tiong land got such things meh? Hainan curry rice, isnt it fusion? Hainan island got curry?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In order for singkies to b perfectionist about cuisines.. They 1st have to know about cuisines..how many know what a real kebab is etc? But like to talk big etc... That is y for me personally i just use taste as the main determinant. Be it wat sort of cuisine. N nothing wrong in fusion cuisine..if no fusion cuisine..where got new dishes? N isnt local dishes like hainan chicken rice, bak kut teh, etc fusion ?tiong land got such things meh? Hainan curry rice, isnt it fusion? Hainan island got curry?
you’re partially right about sinkie food being fusion. however, sinkie traditional authentic means sinkie food concocted in 169 years of straits settlement evolution in rojak cuisine, which is basically fusion. even indian rojak, baba rojak, malay rojak, and nonya food are fusion. but what was initially fusion 169 years ago is now established “traditional” cuisine in sg. time and generations can do wonders. chicken curry that we eat in sg is very different from the chicken korma dish in indian muslim and paki cuisines. they use yogurt and not coconut cream. but centuries and decades of adoption and acceptance by locals create a wall of filters on the tastebud. for example, my mom will instantly reject chow hor fun that has no wok hei taste on the lice noodles. she eats simple but is very picky on slight changes and nuances in taste. my brother will not finish his mee pok if it is not at least 6.9 out of 9. a little off on the hot sauce, and it’s over. i’m sure you can say the same about your ckt, hokkien mee, and chicken lice. they don’t exist in prc today as the chicoms have destroyed traditional southern cuisines and flooded the mainland with dongbei ma la gutter oil chop suey, also a fusion food that doesn’t exist in prc 69 years ago.