• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore companies in trouble over cutting corners to save cost in Australia.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Please lah

At least they are sharing power!

Other countries are worst!

For eg. China

Of course they have to share power, LKY can't run Spore single handedly. LKY needs the support of the civil service, army, etc, that's why they are paid world class salaries

If it was possible I guarantee the PAP party wouldn't be so big. Why would LKY share power & $$$ with anyone:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if im not wrong osim
is a singapore company :wink:

Companies like Osim, Creative, Akira,... might be Spore brands but you'll have to agree that it doesn't have the same brand recognition as a Samsung, Toyota, Sony,...

PAP has failed to develop & nurture Spore companies compared to Korea, Taiwan, Japan. A failure of a centrally planned & directed economy, something like the failure of communism:eek:

It's kind of sad what the PAP has done to Spore & Sporeans. We have no culture, no economic security, not much of a future. Is it any wonder that those able are queuing to leave Spore :rolleyes:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Companies like Osim, Creative, Akira,... might be Spore brands but you'll have to agree that it doesn't have the same brand recognition as a Samsung, Toyota, Sony,...

PAP has failed to develop & nurture Spore companies compared to Korea, Taiwan, Japan. A failure of a centrally planned & directed economy, something like the failure of communism:eek:

It's kind of sad what the PAP has done to Spore & Sporeans. We have no culture, no economic security, not much of a future. Is it any wonder that those able are queuing to leave Spore :rolleyes:

You are being too extreme

Nurturing good and top private companies is not an indicator of how good PAP/SG-Gov is

It is very difficult to groom a world-class company a 5 million population in the first place. One successful example is Nokia but remember, their success has NOTHING to do with the Finnish government.

Stop blaming the SG Gov or PAP. Blame it on the useless Sinkies instead

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
These G owned companies have ability to borrow at sov rates. SIA has advantage that they need not do NS and fly unprofitable local routes. Many of these national airlines out there have to fly such routes. So a good comparison would be Cathay Pacific. Both CX abd SIA are strong competitors except that one has Gov's support while the other is privately owned.

DBS is a large bank but they overpaid for Dao Heng and got to buy the whole POSB for a couple of B which is like a subsidy. So with all this help (crutch mentality) bank is bound to be big player. You give me US$100B and I can put together a strong Asian player of a Bank.

Singtel - Again - huge legacy installed base (just think of the property they got from Gov) with close Gov support. LSY was last CEO. With $ they did make good moves into the regional Telco. But then If I had money I too could put together a strong regional telco business. After all money is what limits many. Why is Warren Buffet able to make these great deals - simple - he can come out with $US25B cash with little help from banks.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Korea has it's Samsung, Hyundai, LG,...... Japan has its Sony, Toyota, Sanyo,....
Taiwan has its Acer, HTC, Kingston,....

What has Singapore got:confused: Companies that are getting into trouble:rolleyes:

This is what happens when your leaders runs out of creative and leadership qualities and can only espouse:

"Cheaper, Better, Faster"

as the only way forward.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These G owned companies have ability to borrow at sov rates. SIA has advantage that they need not do NS and fly unprofitable local routes. Many of these national airlines out there have to fly such routes. So a good comparison would be Cathay Pacific. Both CX abd SIA are strong competitors except that one has Gov's support while the other is privately owned.

DBS is a large bank but they overpaid for Dao Heng and got to buy the whole POSB for a couple of B which is like a subsidy. So with all this help (crutch mentality) bank is bound to be big player. You give me US$100B and I can put together a strong Asian player of a Bank.

Singtel - Again - huge legacy installed base (just think of the property they got from Gov) with close Gov support. LSY was last CEO. With $ they did make good moves into the regional Telco. But then If I had money I too could put together a strong regional telco business. After all money is what limits many. Why is Warren Buffet able to make these great deals - simple - he can come out with $US25B cash with little help from banks.

I suspect these organisations are leaking money, mostly in high salaries for the directors & higher ups, honest mistakes, golden taps, .....

What can you expect from a management that there are run by political appointees. The same thing that is going on in the PAP gov't where you have alot of overpaid dead wood or friends of the owners:rolleyes:

Considering that these companies are the best Spore has to show, the share prices of these companies are not impressive.

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Akira is history. I dont understant why anyone would buy Akira? China brand even better than Akira.
Creative nearly history>> still struggle to survive only product they can sell now are speaker and high end sound.
Osim>>> is a overprice product but they do a good jobs in marketing.