• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Billionaire Wants to Buy Liverpool

ho_seh_liow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore billionaire Peter Lim has offered to buy Liverpool to revive the team. As a layman and ordinary citizen, I cannot imagine why would a billionaire wants to spend $600 million to purchase a football team.

I also cannot imagine the amount of money a billionaire has, not millionaire but BILLIONAIRE.

What would you do IF and IF YOU ARE WORTH 1 BILLION? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Singapore billionaire Peter Lim has offered to buy Liverpool to revive the team. As a layman and ordinary citizen, I cannot imagine why would a billionaire wants to spend $600 million to purchase a football team.

I also cannot imagine the amount of money a billionaire has, not millionaire but BILLIONAIRE.

What would you do IF and IF YOU ARE WORTH 1 BILLION? Please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Thats why we are layman and ordinary citizen while he is a gazillionaire, obviously he saw something that we didn't - Profits :biggrin:

silliporean

Alfrescian
Loyal

So that he can change to FC's name to LiverSingaPool?:biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, the money going into Liverpool looks more like an investment then a football crazy billionaire trying to get a new hobby. Liverpool is one of the few football clubs in the world that actually makes Money. U clear their debts, they will be able to substain themselves without having to invest further(unless he decides to build that new stadium of coz). And when he gets tired of it, he can sell it off for a decent enough profit. The reason why the Americans were walking away with nothing is becoz they basically took all the profit that Liverpool made these couple of years and use it to pay off the loan interest. If they had paid for the club in cold hard cash rather then get a loan to buy it, they probably wouldn't be losing money

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never underestimate billionaires. They obviously got to where they are for a good reason. Peter Lim is a self made man (son of fish monger) and he is not about to throw precious money away. The fact is the pound is very low and it is a good time to buy Brit.

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
apart from $ reasons, lfc is a damn good way to up his reputation.

before this ppl still ask peter who?
just another chink with $.

as lfc owner, he'll have clout.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you have a billion and don't spend a few hundred million to buy something that you fancy, you've lived for nothing and had a billion for nothing.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you have a billion and don't spend a few hundred million to buy something that you fancy, you've lived for nothing and had a billion for nothing.

Lived for nothing? He mounts chiobu Cherie Lim every night!!

Anyway the British high court has ruled that the sale can go ahead. It's him against the Boston red socks owner now. :eek:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who's who in the battle to own Liverpool FC

New England Sports Ventures has a signed agreement to take over the club disputed by Hicks and Gillett while Peter Lim has increased his offer and Mill Financial waits in the wings

NESV

Who New England Sports Ventures, headed by John W Henry and owners of the Boston Red Sox.

Status Has a signed agreement with the Liverpool board that is disputed by Tom Hicks and George Gillett. The agreement binds both sides until 1 November, requiring the board to endeavour to get a legal judgment confirming its validity before then. Henry said yesterday in a Tweet: "Everyone is hoping for the best. There have been enough twists and turns. Hopefully all gets sorted out soon; LFC moves forward."
What is it worth? £300m. £200m will go to Royal Bank of Scotland and Wells Fargo to clear the acquisition debt loaded on to the club, with a further £100m in working capital.
How is it being financed? The Liverpool chairman Martin Broughton has insisted the club's debt will be cleared and NESV sources have suggested it will use cash from its existing businesses.
What they say "NESV wants to create a long-term financially solid foundation for Liverpool FC and is dedicated to ensuring that the club has the resources to build for the future, including the removal of all acquisition debt. Our objective is to stabilise the club and ultimately return Liverpool FC to its rightful place in English and European football, successfully competing for and winning trophies."

Peter Lim

Who Singaporean billionaire Peter Lim, through an investment vehicle called Meriton.

Status Reached the final two under consideration by the Liverpool board, but lost out to NESV and returned with an improved offer yesterday.
What is it worth? £320m, including £200m to clear bank debt, plus a further £40m pledged to Roy Hodgson for transfers.
How is it being financed? Lim said yesterday the money for the cash offer was "available immediately".
What they say "I respect and admire Liverpool Football Club, which is steeped in tradition and history. I am committed to rebuild the club so that it can soon regain its position at the pinnacle of English and European football, where it truly belongs."

Mill Financial

Who Mill Financial, a US hedge fund believed to have acquired George Gillett's stake in the club when he defaulted on a £75m loan.
Status Unknown. The club's board revealed in court yesterday that its bid was turned down when Mill requested exclusivity in negotiations.
What is it worth? The QC acting for Hicks and Gillett claimed yesterday that the offer would pay off the club's debts as well as investing £100m towards a new stadium.
How is it being financed? Sources claimed Mill Financial had immediate access to £400m.
What they say Nothing. Yet.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who is cherie lim?

anyway, he backside itchy, why spend so much money on a football club going down.

buy low sell high, he is going the way wrong.

liverpool used to be an important port city, industrial power house, now it is but an industrial waste land.

gov cutting welfare, that place going to hit hard, they have no money to spend on football matches.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh is it? I'm sorry for him. He should have tried different ones every night for all it's worth. :biggrin:

He is still with Cherie Lim meh? I thought they long ago split leow.

Anyway, with the Singapore $ at a high at the moment, it is not a bad deal for him. He can make $$ off Pool if he plays his cards right. Get them back into Champions League and sell off for a profit.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
champion league? liverpool now heading for coca cola league.

I prefer Pool to be in the EPL where I can laugh at them every season. Seriously the EPL needs them. Only ManUre has the kind of draw to rival Pool. They are one club that is truly too big to fail.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only ManUre has the kind of draw to rival Pool. They are one club that is truly too big to fail.

Man Utd and Liverpool in order are Singaporeans top two supported clubs followed by Arsenal a distant third.
Chelsea is pretty successful for past ten years, where are their SG glory hunters?