• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore 1964 riots.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am very sure tat troll rather have those FT flooded in red dot than having Malays as his neighbours or friends. Tell tat toll his wish already granted as we witness them every where in red dot nowadays.

These FTs are no comparison to our parents and us - the old-timers, who took many years to assimilate and come to know, love and respect one another.

Our parents came here to the SOIL of The Malays (Tanah Melayu) to earn a living.

The Malays accepted us and allowed us to survive.

That's why our parents and us have come to these stage where we respect one another.

Btw, I too have nothing against the donning of the tudung.

What I was doing was trying to bring your memories back to the days when things were like that.

Today we are all internet-savvy and information is at our finger-tips.

Hence many people among the Muslim community have reaslised the importance of donning the tudung.

I hope you found the information good and nostalgic.

Have a great Sunday.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These FTs are no comparison to our parents and us - the old-timers, who took many years to assimilate and come to know, love and respect one another.

Our parents came here to the SOIL of The Malays (Tanah Melayu) to earn a living.

The Malays accepted us and allowed us to survive.

That's why our parents and us have come to these stage where we respect one another.

Btw, I too have nothing against the donning of the tudung.

What I was doing was trying to bring your memories back to the days when things were like that.

Today we are all internet-savvy and information is at our finger-tips.

Hence many people among the Muslim community have reaslised the importance of donning the tudung.

I hope you found the information good and nostalgic.

Have a great Sunday.

Tats right.

We may be internet savvy. But still remember our adat, customs, and religious obligations.

But the most important thing i notice those days was tat there were TRUST among the races. My dad used to tell me during the riot '64, the Malays protected the Chinese in our kampong. During the curfew period, any intruders found loitering around our kampong, whether Chinese or Malay, will be dealth with. We took turns to jaga sentry post. There was tis central place where teres only one tap meant for washing clothes. All the aunties and machik can be seen washing away clothes, laughing and sharing their jokes. We kids would also bath at tat place which was meant for washing clothes. Tere are more to share. But definitely NOT in this racist thread!

Good day to u and have a great weekend ya

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tats right.
There was tis central place where teres only one tap meant for washing clothes. All the aunties and machik can be seen washing away clothes, laughing and sharing their jokes. We kids would also bath at tat place which was meant for washing clothes. Tere are more to share. But definitely NOT in this racist thread!

Good day to u and have a great weekend ya

Yes, that common tap was called a stand-pipe where we would go and collect water for our house.

It was a focal point where many met one another.

Some of the young me even fall in love with young girls who came to that spot to carry water.

We used a bamboo pole and the two "kerosene" tins filled with water was dangling from it.

Even the young girls were good "water-carriers".

Please continue to share your experiences. Just don't give a damn to those that are making rascist remarks.

Majority of the forummers know their intention and treats them like pests and vermins.

It is an open forum. Feel free to say anything.

Thank you.

PEACE BE UPON YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES TOO.