• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sing $ to depreciate

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The possibility of Singapore's central bank easing monetary policy at its scheduled policy review in April is rising, analysts say, as weak economic data points to a worsening outlook for growth.

A batch of indicators released last month showed the city-state's economy ended last year on a lacklustre note, adding to worries that global headwinds will keep the trade-dependent economy on a wobbly footing this year.

Last year, exports fell 0.1 per cent, the third straight year of annual decline, while industrial production suffered its biggest year-on-year slump in eight months in December. "The probability of Singapore slipping into recession...is increasing," said Dr Chua Hak Bin, Asean economist for Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

http://www.straitstimes.com/business/economy/likelihood-of-mas-easing-monetary-policy-rising-experts

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
A weak dollar is good for the labour market, but only for certain payscales. Expect raises in a weak economy. :smile:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With raises expected around the corner and FTs leaving, now is the time to purchase a nice condo with a sea view.

If $S devalues, more foreigners will be coming in to buy our properties because their currencies are stronger.

If $S devalues, one cup of kopi which is used to be $1 becomes $1.50 because most of the kopi ingredients are imported.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
everytime something bad happen to singapore,i want to orgasm and rub my nipples.i want to sing a slow jam rnb love song and make love to my hand.

[video=youtube;glhdcJ7K3XM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glhdcJ7K3XM[/video]

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
If $S devalues, more foreigners will be coming in to buy our properties because their currencies are stronger.

If $S devalues, one cup of kopi which is used to be $1 becomes $1.50 because most of the kopi ingredients are imported.

Rubbish. That time when sing dollar strengthened, did your kopi price go down because it cost less to import? :rolleyes:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rubbish. That time when sing dollar strengthened, did your kopi price go down because it cost less to import? :rolleyes:

The kopi price did not go down then because the rental went up. You can check with Dr VB.

Do you think the rental will come down if the $S devalues ?

Last edited:

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prepare for everything to go up in price. Inflation is coming. Those who think this is good, don't kpkb when you kopi go up to $5 a cup in kopi tiam.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The kopi price did not go down then because the rental went up. You can check with Dr VB.

Do you think the rental will come down if the $S devalues ?

Oh! So kopi price will go up whether or not sing dollar is strong or weak? Then why worry? You are screwed either way! Many silly people here like to blame this blame that, worry this worry that. Why dun you just go out and make more money? :rolleyes:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh! So kopi price will go up whether or not sing dollar is strong or weak? Then why worry? You are screwed either way! Many silly people here like to blame this blame that, worry this worry that. Why dun you just go out and make more money? :rolleyes:

I did... I owe the shop.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dont worry sti is dropping like mad,down 1.3k from the peak.all the investors are fleeing this island.pretty soon u can own all the singaporean companies at 1/5th their price.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not really, we are financial hub and importation will be more expensive as sing$ depreciate.

What financial hub? Money-laundering hub for sure ...financial hub is the PAP's jargon for that. Sinkapore as a financial centre is a myth that PAP sells to sinkees. We have the rejects of the foreign financial industries.